1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 07:18
    @hakima said
    Aaaaaand this cover by Adele

[youtube]0put0_a--Ng[/youtube]
    A favourite. She sang it live in the Royal Albert Hall in memory of her friend Amy Winehouse.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 09:41
    For me it takes a lot to beat 'Layla', (the original version) apart from the guitar work which never fails to hit the stomach, Eric sings it like he means it.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 11:08
    @indonesia-phil said
    For me it takes a lot to beat 'Layla', (the original version) apart from the guitar work which never fails to hit the stomach, Eric sings it like he means it.
    His ode to George Harrison's ex-wife, Patti Boyd.
    Eric Clapton has had an interesting and tragic life.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 12:00
    @wolfe63 said
    His ode to George Harrison's ex-wife, Patti Boyd.
    Eric Clapton has had an interesting and tragic life.
    You mean George's then wife, whose tail he was chasing; whom he would take from George; who he would go on to batter and abuse; and who divorced him because he cheated on her.

As for tragedy... the only tragedy in his life that I know of that wasn't his own doing was that case with his child. All the rest is due to Eric just being an unpleasant person. A great musician, yes; but a rotten human being. (For one: who in this day and age supports Enoch Powell?! )

No, if you want interesting, tragic, and a thoroughly decent person, rather look at Harrison himself.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 12:42
    @shallow-blue said
    You mean George's then wife, whose tail he was chasing; whom he would take from George; who he would go on to batter and abuse; and who divorced him because he cheated on her.
    "Tail"?
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 14:53
    @shallow-blue said

As for tragedy... the only tragedy in his life that I know of that wasn't his own doing was that case with his child. All the rest is due to Eric just being an unpleasant person. A great ...[text shortened]... ou want interesting, tragic, and a thoroughly decent person, rather look at Harrison himself.
    You're right. I agree with that regarding George. Eric has even admitted to some degree of jealousy.

George had an incomparably kind heart.

But, I can't imagine the pain involved in having a toddler son fall to his death from a high-rise.
    But I can imagine that its effect on a personality would be mostly adverse.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 15:38
    @wolfe63 said
    You're right. I agree with that regarding George. Eric has even admitted to some degree of jealousy.

George had an incomparably kind heart.

But, I can't imagine the pain involved in having a toddler son fall to his death from a high-rise.
    But I can imagine that its effect on a personality would be mostly adverse.
    It would. The problem is, Eric was a proven $#!& even before that happened.
  8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 16:31
    @shallow-blue said
    It would. The problem is, Eric was a proven $#!& even before that happened.
    BTW: Who's Enoch Powell? A fascist politician or apocalyptic guru?
    I've never heard of him. 🤔
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 19:07
    @wolfe63 said
    BTW: Who's Enoch Powell? A fascist politician or apocalyptic guru?
    I've never heard of him. 🤔
    It's not my job to do open an encyclopædia for you.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 21:04
    @shallow-blue said

As for tragedy... the only tragedy in his life that I know of that wasn't his own doing was that case with his child. All the rest is due to Eric just being an unpleasant person. A great ...[text shortened]... ou want interesting, tragic, and a thoroughly decent person, rather look at Harrison himself.
    Call me old fashioned (I'll not deny it!) (but don't tell anyone) but I still play 'All Things Must Pass', George's creative double - album outpouring after the Beatles split, fairly regularly. Anyone else familiar with this (IMO) great work?
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 21:28
    @shallow-blue said

Some people who feel unsympathetic towards Eric Clapton have even raised questions about the way a small child could be allowed to get anywhere near an open window that many floors up, although there is an endless supply of misinformation and speculation around celebrities. He could certainly play the guitar.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 23:58
    @indonesia-phil said
    Call me old fashioned (I'll not deny it!) (but don't tell anyone) but I still play 'All Things Must Pass', George's creative double - album outpouring after the Beatles split, fairly regularly. Anyone else familiar with this (IMO) great work?
    Yes. A remarkable work. The other ex-Beatles never bettered it in my own personal and very subjective opinion.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 08:50
    @shallow-blue said
    It's not my job to do open an encyclopædia for you.
    Oh my, did I fall bass-ackwards into that trap, or what?
    Well played Mr. Quippy.

I'll be sure to have Wikipedia on tab next time.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 09:021 edit
    @fmf said
    Yes. A remarkable work. The other ex-Beatles never bettered it in my own personal and very subjective opinion.
    It is a fine work indeed. The late George Martin had said that he regretted not having encouraged George Harrison's writing a bit more. That album is every bit as spiritually uplifting as John Lennon's first solo is introspective.

Clearly, The Beatles had 3 creative geniuses.
    They worked musical magic for a planetary decade and their gifts will continue to give, universally, ad infinitum.
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 09:31
    @wolfe63 said
    It is a fine work indeed. The late George Martin had said that he regretted not having encouraged George Harrison's writing a bit more. That album is every bit as spiritually uplifting as John Lennon's first solo is introspective.

Clearly, The Beatles had 3 creative geniuses.
    They worked musical magic for a planetary decade and their gifts will continue to give, universally, ad infinitum.
    Undoubtedly at least three. Probably why it couldn't last for any longer, but what an explosion of creativity while it did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree