1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 10:48
    @petewxyz said
    Undoubtedly at least three. Probably why it couldn't last for any longer, but what an explosion of creativity while it did.
    Yeah, you know...you're right. Ringo likely and inspired much more creativity than we can ever know. In fact, the title "A Hard Day's Night" evolved from his particular way of speaking.

I love this musical montage:

YouTube - "Photograph" Ringo Starr
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 10:53
    @wolfe63 said
    Yeah, you know...you're right. Ringo likely and inspired much more creativity than we can ever know. In fact, the title "A Hard Day's Night" evolved from his particular way of speaking.

[youtube]IhDKHo2wapM[/youtube] - "Photograph" Ringo Starr
    Amazing intonation. I don't know if the voice over from Thomas the Tank Engine made it round the world and okay it probably doesn't belong in the same sentence as the rest of the creativity, but you've got to smile when you listen to it!
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 16:11
    @petewxyz said
    Some people who feel unsympathetic towards Eric Clapton have even raised questions about the way a small child could be allowed to get anywhere near an open window that many floors up, although there is an endless supply of misinformation and speculation around celebrities. He could certainly play the guitar.
    Yes, well, even if that's true, that at least is a tragic mistake, not something you deserve to be punished for (and certainly not like that). Beating your spouse, OTOH...
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 16:24
    @wolfe63 said

[youtube]IhDKHo2wapM[/youtube] - "Photograph" Ringo Starr
    John Lennon (also not always the nicest of people, though he did mellow out during the 70s) once claimed that Ringo was not only not the best drummer in the world, but not even the best drummer in the Beatles. I wouldn't know about that. But I do believe that he was the best drummer for the Beatles, exactly the drummer they needed to let their own music shine without getting Buddy-Riched into boredom.
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 16:42
    @shallow-blue said
    John Lennon (also not always the nicest of people, though he did mellow out during the 70s) once claimed that Ringo was not only not the best drummer in the world, but not even the best drummer in the Beatles. I wouldn't know about that. But I do believe that he was the best drummer for the Beatles, exactly the drummer they needed to let their own music shine without getting Buddy-Riched into boredom.
    I remember stories of John Lennon being obsessively jealous of Yoko Ono and never wanting her out of his sight, but then the higher you fly the more people will want to shoot you down and he flew so very high. I love that our airport is named after him and Imagine is a timeless classic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree