Follow your own advice. You need to deal with your issues
    Thank you.
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 21:15
    Originally posted by rookie54
    https://justgetflux.com/
    That's the one.
    I would have replied earlier ... but I was napping.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 22:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 05:22
    I am a fan sleeper. Must have the noise of it, or it is hopeless for me. Turn it on, and I am a Pavlov dog. lol

My kids have always slept with a fan. From day 1. They too, hear that first hum, and are fast asleep without fail.

My husband and I actually have given fans to new parents as a side gift. The gift of sleep 🙂 Nothing better.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 08:49
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    I am a fan sleeper. Must have the noise of it, or it is hopeless for me. Turn it on, and I am a Pavlov dog. lol

My kids have always slept with a fan. From day 1. They too, hear that first hum, and are fast asleep without fail.

My husband and I actually have given fans to new parents as a side gift. The gift of sleep 🙂 Nothing better.
    I concur. I used to work the midnight shift, and so I slept during the day. A fan was necessary to help diminish neighborhood noise. I still sleep with a fan, even in winter.
  6. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 19:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I concur. I used to work the midnight shift, and so I slept during the day. A fan was necessary to help diminish neighborhood noise. I still sleep with a fan, even in winter.
    Yes, year round. lol

No idea how people sleep hearing every little noise in and outside of their homes?!
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 01:53
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Yes, year round. lol

No idea how people sleep hearing every little noise in and outside of their homes?!
    Is that called "White Noise" and wouldn't any constant soothing sound have the same effect, ya know like waves braking on a beach or the sound of a trains wheels "clickety/clacking on the rails?
  8. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 02:22
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Is that called "White Noise" and wouldn't any constant soothing sound have the same effect, ya know like waves braking on a beach or the sound of a trains wheels "clickety/clacking on the rails?
    I received a gadget years ago that offered all of that and more...thunderstorms, rain forest noises, etc.. And I tried my best to adapt...falling asleep to the sounds of crashing waves seemed so much better than the dull sound of my fan...

But, no. Not the same effect...I am a victim of conditioned stimulus never to be undone 😞
  9. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 09:39
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I think it has, it's easy to fall asleep on a train - soft, frequent sounds.
  10. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 23:32
    I believe the Who gave some tips on how to get to sleep in one of their songs...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree