1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:16
    @torunn said
    I'm spending the afternoon with my eldest daughter despite all recommendations and restrictions.
    Rebel.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:19
    @trev33 said
    Rebel.
    It would be a luxury staying away from all responsibilities in a family. I'm taking the risk. 🙂
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:20
    @torunn said
    I'm spending the afternoon with my eldest daughter despite all recommendations and restrictions.
    Here you would be breaking the law.

-VR
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:22
    @trev33 said
    I think she’s busy with weeds 😂
    Ah ...... but there are 2 sisters, one has the looks & brains, one has the looks and one has the wheelbarrow!
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:22
    @very-rusty said
    Here you would be breaking the law.

-VR
    We don't have that law here. We can't just sit back all week doing nothing.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:293 edits
    @torunn said
    A week can seem a long time in a pandemic but just work out how much the virus can spread from one to others in that time and how many deaths may result? Admittedly you have a great health service but every service also has it’s breaking point?

Take a look at the daily stats:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:302 edits
    @torunn said
    You don't have that law yet! One day I am mingling with people in Macdonald's, next day I have to get what I am getting and leave, then the following day only able to use drive through. It happened quickly. Perhaps get your visit in while there no law against it if you want to take the chance.

We can only go for food, medication, and for some reason they are still allowing us to go through drive throughs such as Macdonald's and Tim's. No visiting homes or the elderly what so ever. It really is for everyones safety. Older people do have a lower chance of getting better.

No gatherings or 5 are permitted some places only 2 are ok.

First fine is 1,000.00, second fine is 2,000.00 dollar most would laugh that off but the 3rd time is a 10.000.00 dollar fine which no one is laughing about. One could also do some jail time.

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:421 edit
    @drewnoggal said
    A week can seem a long time in a pandemic but just work out how much the virus can spread from one to others in that time and how many deaths may result? Admittedly you have a great health service but every service also has it’s breaking point?

Take a look at the daily stats:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105
    I'm being careful spending practically all the day on my own. Taking walks, doing some quick shopping. I don't visit anybody, don't have guests either except for my daughter today who needed my help. Thursday I have to meet people though for a couple of hours.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:48
    @torunn said
    I'm being careful spending practically all the day on my own. Taking walks, doing some quick shopping. I don't visit anybody, don't have guests either except for my daughter today who needed my help. Thursday I have to meet people though for a couple of hours.
    It really has nothing to do with who your meeting but who they may have come in contact with. No one is immune from this virus. I think we will lose some from this site before everything is over. Who knows, I could be one of them, but that would make too many people happy so probably will not happen. 😉

-VR
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:51
    @very-rusty said
    It really has nothing to do with who your meeting but who they may have come in contact with. No one is immune from this virus. I think we will lose some from this site before everything is over. Who knows, I could be one of them, but that would make too many people happy so probably will not happen. 😉

-VR
    We may lose players here for many reasons, not mainly the corona-virus.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:55
    @torunn said
    We may lose players here for many reasons, not mainly the corona-virus.
    So are your predicting no one here will die because of Covid-19?

-VR
  12. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:01
    @torunn said
    Torunn, from every post of yours that I have read, I perceive that you are a woman of compassion and reason. You do not have to justify to anyone here

It sounds like a lovely day and I hope you find the sweetest joy in it.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:09
    @very-rusty said
    Does the Credit card you have it on run out before then? That would be my best guess.

-VR
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a had a number of similar feedbacks about this too.

Due to the delay on the audit happening, this is causing some confusion for those who had subs expire a few months ago which didn't get caught at the time. Therefore the future date that many expected their sub to expire, eg Dec 2020, is reality was actually last year, eg Dec 2019.

Anyway, back on topic now...👇
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:13
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    I would cry if you got snuffed
    cry, cry, cry
    96 tears
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:21
    @hakima said
    Torunn, from every post of yours that I have read, I perceive that you are a woman of compassion and reason. You do not have to justify to anyone here

It sounds like a lovely day and I hope you find the sweetest joy in it.
    Everyone is free to do as they please, there are also risks to doing that which one has to accept and acknowledge in advance.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree