Originally posted by @suzianne
    I disagree...
    That's absolutely fine.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 04:18
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Watched Return of the Jedi when I was 12 or so.
    Came out of that movie feeling better than after any movie ...
    So for that reason alone Star Wars has a place in my heart.
    I can say the same about David Lynch's "Eraserhead".
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 08:26
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I can say the same about David Lynch's "Eraserhead".
    That movie was a weird experience that I wish I'd never bothered with.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 16:30
    Only Star Wars worth watching: Star Wars itself.
    Favourite planet: Dune, but only in Dune.
    Favourite character: Ellen Ripley, Alien and Aliens.
    Favourite skiffy series: Star Trek - TOS.

The rest of Trek is Soap In Space, the rest of Wars is Westerns In Space, the rest of Aliens is... never mind, and the rest of Dune is worthless.

Sequelitis: Just Say No!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 22:05
    Originally posted by @bongallojoe
    I FRIGGIN LOVE IT!!! 😀 : D 😀
    whats your favorite one? whats your favorite planet? whos the best jedi and the best bad guy? who is the best character?
    Fav one: revenge of the sith
    Fav planet: corasaunt and Tatueen
    Best jedi: the dude with the purple lightsaber i forgot his name. ;( 😞
    Best baddie: Darth Maul
    BEST CHARACTER IS LITTLE ANIKAN SKYWALKER DONT EVEN TRY TO FUKIN ARGUE

Who is the best of the above for you?
    Jar, jar binks has to be at the top of my list.

Well done Star wars! 😵
  6. The World
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 12:19
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    What is the point of a discussion, when I may not argue who the best character is?

Favourite movie: Episode IV
    Favourite Plante: Dagobah
    Best Jedi: Windaloo
    Best Baddie: Count Dhoku
    Best character: Yoda
    As a SW fan myself, my answers are:

Favourite film: Episode VI (of the original trilogy), Episode III (of the new trilogy), TBC (Last trilogy)

Favourite Planet: Endor

Best Jedi: Obi Wan Kenobi

Best Baddie: Palpatine/Emperor (or one could argue Yoda - for his failings as leader of the Jedi Council)

Best character: Jar Jar Binks (sorry, that was a poorly conceived joke) - Princess Leia - the original bad-ass female Sci-Fi lead (Alien and Ripley was 2 years later)
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Oct '17 04:42
    The new trailer is out making quite a splash I have heard.

I will not watch trailers, but I will take in the movie unprepared 😉
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Oct '17 10:031 edit
    How can you possibly resist?

YouTube : The Last Jedi Teaser
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    11 Oct '17 17:04
    Originally posted by @bongallojoe
    you are dead to me. Star Wars is literally the best movie franchise in the history of the galaxy. even in the history of galaxies far far away. 😀

but literally. go see the phantom menace, the first one.you need to. im watching all of them tonight. im on the second, the clone wars. you are dead to me until you watch at least all of them. 😀
    Max Luca ...[text shortened]... ness, you are dead to me until you watch the star wars trilogy (just 1-6, not the other 2 jazz.)
    you and the star wars franchise and chaney3 and his love for an officer and a gentleman

both seem like a bunch of giggling school girls talking about the cute boys in their class
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '17 18:57
    What is the point of a discussion, when I may not argue who the best character is?

Favourite movie: Star Wars
    Favourite Plant: Lego
    Best Jedi: Yoda
    Best Baddie: Count Dhoku
    Best character: Hans Solo
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Dec '17 13:23
    ..and I understand next week the movie is coming out.
    Not as much fanfare as part 7 I think.

I won't watch it with my son in the cinema this time, since I do have another date scheduled there...
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '17 13:28
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    I won't watch it with my son in the cinema this time, since I do have another date scheduled there...
    Two timing your son? 😕
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 22:34
    From the articles following the Los Angeles premiere, especially the reactions of the crowd (who were, no doubt, obviously fans), this newest Act VIII, The Last Jedi, may end up being the best of the third trilogy, following in the footsteps of the last two trilogies, the second act seems to always be the best of the three.

The fact that it's going to be the only one in the last trilogy without J.J. Abrams directing is good enough for me.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 11:42
    From the articles following the Los Angeles premiere, especially the reactions of the crowd (who were, no doubt, obviously fans), this newest Act VIII, The Last Jedi, may end up being the best of the third trilogy, following in the footsteps of the last two trilogies, the second act seems to always be the best of the three.

The fact that it's going to be the only one in the last trilogy without J.J. Abrams directing is good enough for me.
    Well last acts have this Thing about bringing all threads together which can be an awfuly Business, especially if a second trilogy is already out and you have to connect to that one also. I think it was a real bad idea how Star wars was realized. I understand of course the boundary conditions...and it still became a BIG success, but anyway imagine that the Story could have been told from beginning to end..
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 21:18

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it.

Luke's back!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree