Star Wars

Star Wars

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
10 Aug 17

I FRIGGIN LOVE IT!!! 😀 : D 😀
whats your favorite one? whats your favorite planet? whos the best jedi and the best bad guy? who is the best character?
Fav one: revenge of the sith
Fav planet: corasaunt and Tatueen
Best jedi: the dude with the purple lightsaber i forgot his name. ;( 😞
Best baddie: Darth Maul
BEST CHARACTER IS LITTLE ANIKAN SKYWALKER DONT EVEN TRY TO FUKIN ARGUE

Who is the best of the above for you?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Aug 17

Originally posted by @bongallojoe
I FRIGGIN LOVE IT!!! 😀 : D 😀
whats your favorite one? whats your favorite planet? whos the best jedi and the best bad guy? who is the best character?
Fav one: revenge of the sith
Fav planet: corasaunt and Tatueen
Best jedi: the dude with the purple lightsaber i forgot his name. ;( 😞
Best baddie: Darth Maul
BEST CHARACTER IS LITTLE ANIKAN SKYWALKER DONT EVEN TRY TO FUKIN ARGUE

Who is the best of the above for you?
What is the point of a discussion, when I may not argue who the best character is?

Favourite movie: Episode IV
Favourite Plante: Dagobah
Best Jedi: Windaloo
Best Baddie: Count Dhoku
Best character: Yoda

F

Moves
10 Aug 17

Favourite movie: n/a
Favourite Plante: n/a
Best Jedi: n/a
Best Baddie: n/a
Best character: n/a

Note: I've never watched a Star Wars movie.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
10 Aug 17

Mace Windu!!! thats his name

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
10 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf

you are dead to me. Star Wars is literally the best movie franchise in the history of the galaxy. even in the history of galaxies far far away. 😀

but literally. go see the phantom menace, the first one.you need to. im watching all of them tonight. im on the second, the clone wars. you are dead to me until you watch at least all of them. 😀
Max Lucado, the star wars movie maker, wanted i think 15% more of the franchise. He definately got his money back. Star Wars is no longer owned by him by the war, or Lucasarts as it was before.now its owned by disney.

But in all seriousness, you are dead to me until you watch the star wars trilogy (just 1-6, not the other 2 jazz.)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Aug 17

But in all seriousness, you are dead to me until you watch the star wars trilogy (just 1-6, not the other 2 jazz.)
The Star Wars Legacy:-

A whole generation growing up without knowing the meaning of trilogy! 😞

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Aug 17

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
The Star Wars Legacy:-

A whole generation growing up without knowing the meaning of trilogy! 😞
After the first fim was a success it was already rebrabded as "Episode 4". Lucas never made a secret out of his plans for a triple set of trilogies 😉

Moves
10 Aug 17

This is part of your problem.

Moves
10 Aug 17
2 edits

...go see the phantom menace, the first one.you need to...
You sir are the worst kind of Star War fanatic; ones with weirdly hugely appetites but with no taste. TPM is rubbish as are the next two, apart from some of Palpatine's scenes near the end of the third one.

Start with Star Wars: A New Hope, then proceed to The Empire Strikes Back, then stop. Then watch Rogue One as a reprise, then stop. End of advice.

Edit: Return of the Jedi represents the beginning of the decline of Lucas into gaga-goo-goo land.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 17

I shudder a little every time you say that.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 17

Originally posted by @ponderable
What is the point of a discussion, when I may not argue who the best character is?

Favourite movie: Episode IV
Favourite Plante: Dagobah
Best Jedi: Windaloo
Best Baddie: Count Dhoku
Best character: Yoda
Favourite movie: Revenge of the Sith
Favourite Planet: Endor
Best Jedi: Yoda
Best Baddie: Darth Vader (Of course)
Best character: Luke Skywalker

F

Moves
10 Aug 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I shudder a little every time you say that.
The need that I feel to mention that I haven't watched any Star Wars films is similar to the need I feel to mention Marmite.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
You sir are the worst kind of Star War fanatic; ones with weirdly hugely appetites but with no taste. TPM is rubbish as are the next two, apart from some of Palpatine's scenes near the end of the third one.

Start with Star Wars: A New Hope, then proceed to The Empire Strikes Back, then stop. Then watch Rogue One as a reprise, then stop. End of advi ...[text shortened]... dit: Return of the Jedi represents the beginning of the decline of Lucas into gaga-goo-goo land.
I disagree.

Return of the Jedi was a fitting end to the first trilogy. Vader was dead, along with the Emperor, and the New Republic was free to start charting their own destiny. I was a bit disappointed that there weren't more scenes of celebration across the known planets at the end, though.

The second trilogy, or 1 through 3, I thought was good, even with Hayden Christensen's over-emotive bad acting. I enjoyed seeing a young Obi-Wan, who, through other books in the timeline, I knew was an expert swordsman (his fight with Darth Maul was as good as it gets) and a hero of the old republic. Watching the Clone Wars come about was awesome, and right now, I'm working my way through the animated 'Clone Wars' on Netflix. About 2/3 of the way through 6 seasons' worth, and it's just good Star Wars. And this was all well before A New Hope.

As for order, I'd say, to keep the timeline in order, one should watch Rogue One, and then A New Hope, since the latter begins right where the former ends.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
10 Aug 17

Is that Darth Vader chappy star wars ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Aug 17

Watched Return of the Jedi when I was 12 or so.
Came out of that movie feeling better than after any movie ...
So for that reason alone Star Wars has a place in my heart.

But no.7 ???
What a stinker!!! I picked every scene coming up and left the cinema wondering what all the fuss was about. It really did suck and has made me wary of seeing the next one.