1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 05:22
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Watched Return of the Jedi when I was 12 or so.
    Came out of that movie feeling better than after any movie ...
    So for that reason alone Star Wars has a place in my heart.

But no.7 ???
    What a stinker!!! I picked every scene coming up and left the cinema wondering what all the fuss was about. It really did suck and has made me wary of seeing the next one.
    The force awakens was abysmal.
    It was a rehash of ‘a new hope’, but with less flair.
    A very high: “Oh, really, another star destroying weapon blown up by small aircraft.” Level.

I can understand the first death star suffering from internal saboutage... but surely someone in the Empire / first order would have evaluated such an expensive project and learnt a bloody lesson!

The only real problem with a phantom menace is that the pod race takes too long.
    The second problem is shattered expectations.
    People watched star wars and empire when they were pre-teens / teens; in a time when very few films had such brilliant special effects.
    As adults in the era of CGI they expected the exact same thrill.

Attack of the clones is a good film. It’s main problem is the love affair. It’s just not acted very well. Normally, in Star Wars, acting isn’t a problem, but it was during the love affair, because that’s essential for the transition from Anakin to Vader.
    As for Anakin’s growing unease, lack of patience and anger at Kenobi... that was reasonably executed.

My only gripe with return of the jedi is Chewie’s Tarzan call. Otherwise it’s a really good film.

My favourites would be a new hope and ESB. But that’s mainly on nostalgic reasons.

If I had to rate the movies, I reckon revenge of the Sith and Rogue One are probably the best.

The last jedi (saw it yesterday) is more rotj than esb.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    The force awakens was abysmal.
    It was a rehash of ‘a new hope’, but with less flair.
    A very high: “Oh, really, another star destroying weapon blown up by small aircraft.” Level.

I can understand the first death star suffering from internal saboutage... but surely someone in the Empire / first order would have evaluated such an expensive project and l ...[text shortened]... and Rogue One are probably the best.

The last jedi (saw it yesterday) is more rotj than esb.
    So how many films will be in this franchise? Sounds like I won't miss a lot not seeing this one. Thanks for saving us 30 bucks🙂 It will be on netfix soon anyway. Also delay in Game of throwups, not coming till 2019
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 18:07
    This is an example of being able to post something on the 5th page.

-VR
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 18:111 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty

-VR
    and crashing the new hope of Deathstar son house with a small X-wing-fighter...
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty

-VR
    What have you added to the discussion?

You revived a thread that was about to die just to make it languish for another two months.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 18:43
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    What have you added to the discussion?

You revived a thread that was about to die just to make it languish for another two months.
    Andy,

You were questioning the threads on pages 4 and 5. I just did it to show they could be revived. Would you like me to revive a few others that are about to die? 😉

-VR
  7. RSA
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 21:192 edits
    Originally posted by @bongallojoe
    I FRIGGIN LOVE IT!!! 😀 : D 😀
    whats your favorite one? whats your favorite planet? whos the best jedi and the best bad guy? who is the best character?
    Fav one: revenge of the sith
    Fav planet: corasaunt and Tatueen
    Best jedi: the dude with the purple lightsaber i forgot his name. ;( 😞
    Best baddie: Darth Maul
    BEST CHARACTER IS LITTLE ANIKAN SKYWALKER DONT EVEN TRY TO FUKIN ARGUE

Who is the best of the above for you?
    Favourite movie: Revenge of the Sith
    Best Jedi: Yoda
    Best character: the emperor

I'm not a huge star wars fan - I find the originals a bit too dated. RotS was the only decent one of the prequels, and that's pretty much only because of Ian McDiarmid.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 22:53
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    Favourite movie: Revenge of the Sith
    Best Jedi: Yoda
    Best character: the emperor

I'm not a huge star wars fan - I find the originals a bit too dated. RotS was the only decent one of the prequels, and that's pretty much only because of Ian McDiarmid.
    All three of the prequels were bitter disappointments for me. Each time one was released I thought, this will be great, and it was a piss poor spectacle of gross sonic-the-hedgehog CGI battlefields and a representation of Lucas working self-funded and unchallenged creatively.
    Christian whatshisname as Anakin is a bloody annoyance, a really avaerge actor who was handed a gilded role of a lifetime and apart from a few scenes, he hammed it up all the way through. And Jar-Jar Binks...wtf!

The force awakens was also disappointing but nowhere near as bad. Ford, who seems to have never go out of character from being Henry in Regarding Henry was his usual latter day lumbering self and failed to recapture any of the spirit of Hans Solo. Big Nose as the f*** ugly son of two very goodlooking parents is a sad creature of unconvincing motives and and poorly crafted psychosis which (I really didn’t see that coming) causes him to inexplicably kill his own fargher. Fisher? Jeez, what a sad situation.

Rogue One...excellent, poise, characters, great actors, freedom to expand and yet delivers a near perfect addition to the first three movie. Wonderful use of Peter Cushing’s image and menace. A real keeper imo.

The scene where the Death Star eclipses the sun is a moment of SiFi movie brilliance which has just not been recognised.
  9. RSA
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 23:27
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    All three of the prequels were bitter disappointments for me. Each time one was released I thought, this will be great, and it was a piss poor spectacle of gross sonic-the-hedgehog CGI battlefields and a representation of Lucas working self-funded and unchallenged creatively.
    Christian whatshisname as Anakin is a bloody annoyance, a really avaerge act ...[text shortened]... h Star eclipses the sun is a moment of SiFi movie brilliance which has just not been recognised.
    I think I'm part of the generation where it's just a little before my time. I have some friends who watch the movies - mostly because of the hype I would say.

I despised Anakin's acting in the prequels - that makes two of us.
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 11:04
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Christian whatshisname as Anakin is a bloody annoyance, a really avaerge act ...[text shortened]... h Star eclipses the sun is a moment of SiFi movie brilliance which has just not been recognised.
    It is a mixed bag in fact. The Problem is IMVHO, that if a Hype is created it is self-feesing until every single Person is dissuaded.

Disney is trying to make the big bucks from the Franchise and you get what is expected...

Rogue one is really a very good movie in its own right.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 19:36
    Best star wars was family guy star wars.
  12. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:21
    There is another spin-off film due about the Young Han Solo.

Anybody interested in those stories?
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:30
    I watched the first one. It was "OK" but not "OK" enough that I watched any of the rest.
  14. The World
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 13:30
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    There is another spin-off film due about the Young Han Solo.

Anybody interested in those stories?
    I am, but wonder if they will stick to the books, or go off on another weird tangent again. I did like the Rogue One story and the use made of CGI.

I've still not watched the latest film yet, but will get it on DVD when it comes out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree