1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 14:30
    @kewpie said
    I think everyone should stick to their knitting.
    LOL@ kewpie that would be nice just stick to knitting. Have you thought about many people not knowing how to knit? 😉

-VR
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 07:021 edit
    @very-rusty said
    LOL@ kewpie that would be nice just stick to knitting. Have you thought about many people not knowing how to knit? 😉

-VR
    It's an expression from my childhood, and back then knitting was a required skill. I could turn a heel or graft a toe with the best of them in the 1950s. Of course, we didn't actually want to be stuck to the wool. It essentially means "do your own thing and stop interfering with other people".😉
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 11:52
    @kewpie said
    It's an expression from my childhood, and back then knitting was a required skill. I could turn a heel or graft a toe with the best of them in the 1950s. Of course, we didn't actually want to be stuck to the wool. It essentially means "do your own thing and stop interfering with other people".😉
    In a past profession I was stuck with dealing with a certain person who was involved with "kiting" (not the things with tails).
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 06:55
    @great-big-stees said
    In a past profession I was stuck with dealing with a certain person who was involved with "kiting" (not the things with tails).
    Other people's money stuck to his fingers?
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 07:05
    @kewpie said
    I think "kiting" is the same as floating a check (writing checks with no money in the bank to back them).
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 12:21
    @kewpie said
    Sticky fingers! 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 12:48
    @kevin-eleven said
    I think "kiting" is the same as floating a check (writing checks with no money in the bank to back them).
    Yes. He would stick one of his cheques, from a different bank, into his bank account at another bank to "cover a cheque he'd written on the second bank account. It didn't take me too long to figure out what the little devil was up to. This all happened back in the early 60s. The guy appeared to be well off (fancy cars, big house, nattily dressed and a business owner). Turned out to be a "flimflam" man. 🙂
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 16:30
    @great-big-stees said
    Yes. He would stick one of his cheques, from a different bank, into his bank account at another bank to "cover a cheque he'd written on the second bank account. It didn't take me too long to figure out what the little devil was up to. This all happened back in the early 60s. The guy appeared to be well off (fancy cars, big house, nattily dressed and a business owner). Turned out to be a "flimflam" man. 🙂
    Look at Trump talking about sticky people. He has been bankrupt 7 times that they know of now? Yet, he is suppose to be a wealthy man. Look at the millions his supporters have given him. He has suckered more people in than Heinz has Pickles!

-VR
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 21:29
    This thread is a post-it note. Won't stick securely enough.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Apr '21 21:39
    @kewpie said
    This thread is a post-it note. Won't stick securely enough.
    You stuck it back on top kewpie! 😉

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Apr '21 12:14
    @very-rusty said
    You stuck it back on top kewpie! 😉

-VR
    This thread is having a dickens of a time sticking anywhere near the top. Here' I'll give it a boost. 😍
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 14:28
    I got 15,687. Been waiting a long time to be able to score this milestone. This is a special moment. However, I don't wish to claim any special honors or privilege by this. At least, not on my own. I realize that this took teamwork. Everyone who participated deserves credit. It is simply humbling and awe inspiring. Now to move on to other great goals. With determination, there is no limit. We only need to believe, to strive, to take that first step, regardless of trepidation or seeming hopelessness. Imagine, 15,687.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 14:39
    @coquette said
    Imagine, 15,687.
    🤯
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 15:44
    @divegeester said
    🤯
    Nice to see Dive stick in an emoji.

-VR
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Apr '21 12:11
    @very-rusty said
    Nice to see Dive stick in an emoji.

-VR
    I'm stuck, trying to figure out what it is...a sailor, maybe? 🤔

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree