1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '21 13:28
    We are getting stuck with 10-25 expected cm's of Sheila's brush. Hopefully last time for the scrapers and shovel for this winter season. I don't plan on moving out of the house today. Suppose to warm up tomorrow and Sunday.

https://anniedaylon.com/category/sheilas-brush/ More can be read up on Sheila's brush for those who don't know about it is an Atlantic/Maritime expression which has been pretty accurate over the years.

Today is of course after Saint Patrick's Day and last day of winter according to the calendar.

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '21 18:122 edits
    @very-rusty said
    We are getting stuck with 10-25 expected cm's of Sheila's brush. Hopefully last time for the scrapers and shovel for this winter season. I don't plan on moving out of the house today. Suppose to warm up tomorrow and Sunday.

https://anniedaylon.com/category/sheilas-brush/ More can be read up on Sheila's brush for those who don't know about it is an Atlantic/Maritime ...[text shortened]... oday is of course after Saint Patrick's Day and last day of winter according to the calendar.

-VR
    I thought I'd stick this in as an update:

SNOWFALL WARNING ENDED
    Detailed Forecast
    Today Snow at times heavy ending this afternoon then clearing. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Amount 5 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 along parts of the coast. Temperature falling to minus 9 this afternoon. Wind chill near minus 18. UV index 1 or low.
    Tonight Clear. Blowing snow over exposed areas this evening. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light late this evening. Temperature steady near minus 10. Wind chill minus 17 this evening.

It appears like about 10 inches fell altogether. I am not even going out today, going to warm up tomorrow .

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Mar '21 23:24
    @very-rusty said
    I thought I'd stick this in as an update:

SNOWFALL WARNING ENDED
    Detailed Forecast
    Today Snow at times heavy ending this afternoon then clearing. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Amount 5 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 along parts of the coast. Temperature falling to minus 9 this afternoon. Wind chill near minus 18. UV index 1 or low.
    Tonig ...[text shortened]... e about 10 inches fell altogether. I am not even going out today, going to warm up tomorrow .

-VR
    We are having lovely spring weather here and I am going to be getting to use my golf “sticks” on Sunday...FORE!!!
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 11:27
    @great-big-stees said
    We are having lovely spring weather here and I am going to be getting to use my golf “sticks” on Sunday...FORE!!!
    Autumn here and the weather's been gorgeous. Over the border in NSW they're having a 100-year flood. Lots of people stuck on high ground.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 12:35
    @great-big-stees said
    I wouldn't stick the shovels and scrapers away yet g-b-s.

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 12:37
    @kewpie said
    Autumn here and the weather's been gorgeous. Over the border in NSW they're having a 100-year flood. Lots of people stuck on high ground.
    Yes, I saw some pictures from over there, looks like some parts need boats to get around. Is it dry where you are? By that I mean no flooding.

-VR
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 05:141 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, I saw some pictures from over there, looks like some parts need boats to get around. Is it dry where you are? By that I mean no flooding.

-VR
    The serious flooding's mainly in NSW, although most states have had some flooding. Not in my home state of Victoria though, we're only getting showers here. NSW has major highways cut off and many places evacuated, including some Sydney suburbs. Forget the boats, most people need to stick close to home.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 11:25
    @kewpie said
    The serious flooding's mainly in NSW, although most states have had some flooding. Not in my home state of Victoria though, we're only getting showers here. NSW has major highways cut off and many places evacuated, including some Sydney suburbs. Forget the boats, most people need to stick close to home.
    No I actually saw people in boats in the story I saw about the flooding. One house was almost fully covered by water. Didn't you people have the drought a while back? I guess the water would just settle on top of the ground be cause it would be baked from the drought.

So long as you are safe and dry that is good. Jeeze there are so many bad things happening in the world now. Nice to see you are not stuck in the harder hit areas.

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 11:57
    @very-rusty said
    No I actually saw people in boats in the story I saw about the flooding. One house was almost fully covered by water. Didn't you people have the drought a while back? I guess the water would just settle on top of the ground be cause it would be baked from the drought.

So long as you are safe and dry that is good. Jeeze there are so many bad things happening in the world now. Nice to see you are not stuck in the harder hit areas.

-VR
    And still some people "stick to their guns" when they keep saying that Global Warming/Climate Change is just a myth, eh? 😲
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 16:54
    @great-big-stees said
    And still some people "stick to their guns" when they keep saying that Global Warming/Climate Change is just a myth, eh? 😲
    You know I remember then talking about Global Warming in the 70's and this was farmers and fisherman saying how they had noticed the difference in the weather and how it was changing. It just stuck in my mind all this time, and they were right on the money with that prediction.

-VR
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 05:01
    It's been stuck for 3 days.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 06:33
    @ice-cold said
    The object is to keep this thread on top of page one. A game destined to fail. 😞
    Even when the odds seem stacked against you, I think it's important to remain optimistic.

Maybe we need a series of podcasts?
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 12:33
    @kevin-eleven said
    Even when the odds seem stacked against you, I think it's important to remain optimistic.

I remember casting pea pods as a kid. Odd that that memory would stick with me. 🤔
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 12:37
    @kevin-eleven said

I tend to stay away from podcasts, everyone who wants to stick with them is fine with me. I just don't like bunch of threads going about them. One is enough IMHO! 🙂

I am always optimistic, I am so Optimistic I think goad, and Suzie Q might change someday....LOL.....

-VR
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 13:58
    I think everyone should stick to their knitting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree