4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 16:57
    @great-big-stees said
    Sticking something on her back?

Oh wait, you're.
    Stees, stick to wearing your specs when reading, I use to bugger up until I made my fonts bigger, easy to do!

I was just wondering if Kewpie was back, she does put in an appearance now and then.

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 17:24
    @very-rusty said
    Stees, stick to wearing your specs when reading, I use to bugger up until I made my fonts bigger, easy to do!

I was just wondering if Kewpie was back, she does put in an appearance now and then.

-VR
    I did stick them on but only after I read the response, just to make sure I read what I thought I'd read. Turned out, by my "Oh wait...you're" that i hadn't read it right.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 18:55
    @great-big-stees said
    I did stick them on but only after I read the response, just to make sure I read what I thought I'd read. Turned out, by my "Oh wait...you're" that i hadn't read it right.
    Yup, we got to stick to the fact that we are getting older and eye sight isn't 20/20 anymore. I only need my specs for small print, don't need them for driving. I had cataracts and have lenses in both eyes now. So just a cheap pair of glasses is needed I think I take a 2 1/2 strength right now. I have several pairs of them.

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 13:18
    @very-rusty said
    Yup, we got to stick to the fact that we are getting older and eye sight isn't 20/20 anymore. I only need my specs for small print, don't need them for driving. I had cataracts and have lenses in both eyes now. So just a cheap pair of glasses is needed I think I take a 2 1/2 strength right now. I have several pairs of them.

-VR
    Had I stuck to only wearing my glasses for reading when first I needed them, a LOOOONG time ago, I'd not have needed trifocals now. Hindsight is 20/20, right?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 16:561 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Had I stuck to only wearing my glasses for reading when first I needed them, a LOOOONG time ago, I'd not have needed trifocals now. Hindsight is 20/20, right?
    Well I wound up with cataracts both eyes so had lenses put in don't need specs for driving, just small print. Like I said I am lucky I can stick with a 2.5 strength. Don't need to be bothered with carrying them around all the time. And if I make the fonts a bit bigger on my computer don't need them at all for reading. This size seems pretty good, but if I miss spell something have it as a back up excuse...LOL.. 😉

-VR
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 03:56
    @very-rusty said
    Well I wound up with cataracts both eyes so had lenses put in don't need specs for driving, just small print. Like I said I am lucky I can stick with a 2.5 strength. Don't need to be bothered with carrying them around all the time. And if I make the fonts a bit bigger on my computer don't need them at all for reading. This size seems pretty good, but if I miss spell something have it as a back up excuse...LOL.. 😉

-VR
    I've stuck my 2.5 readers on a neck chain, so they're always there when I have to read tiny print. Very useful when shopping.
    Of course, neck chains aren't really cool neckwear for adult males, but being female and grey-haired I'm invisible. 😁
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 13:421 edit
    @kewpie said
    I've stuck my 2.5 readers on a neck chain, so they're always there when I have to read tiny print. Very useful when shopping.
    Of course, neck chains aren't really cool neckwear for adult males, but being female and grey-haired I'm invisible. 😁
    You're right that would stick out on me like a sore thumb, but I could carry them in a case for glasses. Just take them out when I needed them, but then that is something else to carry around.

EDIT: Got me to wondering what if I put them on a gold chain around my neck? I would be convenient for sure!

-VR
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 21:171 edit
    @very-rusty said
    You're right that would stick out on me like a sore thumb, but I could carry them in a case for glasses. Just take them out when I needed them, but then that is something else to carry around.

EDIT: Got me to wondering what if I put them on a gold chain around my neck? I would be convenient for sure!

-VR
    It would make you look like a librarian or an absent minded professor. Could you live with that image?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 21:41
    @kewpie said
    It would make you look like a librarian or an absent minded professor. Could you live with that image?
    Hell I quit thinking about what people thought about 30 or so years ago, maybe even longer than that. They are going to think what they want anyway. I may look like a Pimp with gold chain on them.....LOL....

-VR
  13. Dublin
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 22:00
    @very-rusty said
    Hell I quit thinking about what people thought about 30 or so years ago, maybe even longer than that. They are going to think what they want anyway. I may look like a Pimp with gold chain on them.....LOL....

-VR
    Have got the gold rings, fur coat and a 1970s Cadillac?

You'll need them to be a real pimp.😄
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 22:111 edit
    @instantkarma777 said
    Have got the gold rings, fur coat and a 1970s Cadillac?

You'll need them to be a real pimp.😄
    Are you trying to stick a stereotype on one being pimp?

Or your impression of all Pimps?...........Anyways you'd be dead wrong!

-VR
  15. Dublin
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 22:201 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Are you trying to stick a stereotype on one being pimp?

Or your impression of all Pimps?...........Anyways you'd be dead wrong!

-VR
    That's Hollywood's version not mine.

I don't know any pimps.
    I live in a very respectable area.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree