1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 12:39
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Conformity is actually...a very clever way to "stick it to the man!"
    "Sticking it to the man" can, on occasion, land you up in jail.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 12:58
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    "Sticking it to the man" can, on occasion, land you up in jail.
    Then "the man" will truly be "stuck".
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 15:47
    Then "the man" will truly be "stuck".
    Only if you stick the "soap on a rope" on the shower floor.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 19:20
    Only if you stick the "soap on a rope" on the shower floor.
    Hahahaha!

That kind of humor sticks my heart....like a dagger! 😉
  5. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 06:31
    I'd like to stick to a higher level of humor. Make it about 3 feet above the floor.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 12:131 edit
    Originally posted by @billyray
    I'd like to stick to a higher level of humor. Make it about 3 feet above the floor.
    I remember, as a teenager, trying to do the High Jump, in track and field, at 3 feet but the darn rod would never stick to the uprights after I "flew" over it.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 12:49
    I remember, as a teenager, trying to do the High Jump, in track and field, at 3 feet but the darn rod would never stick to the uprights after I "flew" over it.
    Perhaps you should have stuck your feathers on with staples instead of glue? 😉
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 12:56
    Perhaps you should have stuck your feathers on with staples instead of glue? 😉
    I did do that afterwards but like someone else I got a bit too close to the sun. I should have stuck to "Mother" earth.
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 13:22
    I did do that afterwards but like someone else I got a bit too close to the sun. I should have stuck to "Mother" earth.
    You should have heeded your Daddy's warning: Now you're stuck with an Icarus-complex.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 17:591 edit
    You should have heeded your Daddy's warning: Now you're stuck with an Icarus-complex.
    I hope that the cold I'm struggling with at the moment will unstick itself from me soon, as I will be going on vacation next week and I would feel very uncomfortable going as I am now.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 22:36
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I hope that the cold I'm struggling with at the moment will unstick itself from me soon, as I will be going on vacation next week and I would feel very uncomfortable going as I am now.
    Ahhhh....poor sugar-plum. 🙁

Stick it out with plenty of rest. Stay strong and allow nature to fight it off for you.

Have a great vacation! 🙂
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 05:491 edit
    Ahhhh....poor sugar-plum. 🙁

Stick it out with plenty of rest. Stay strong and allow nature to fight it off for you.

Have a great vacation! 🙂
    Thank you for your thoughtful advice and wishes. I'm being very still this week, just reading and resting.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 07:29
    Thank you for your thoughtful advice and wishes. I'm being very still this week, just reading and resting.
    And I still stick with The Blackhouse, the first novel of The Lewis Trilogy by the Scottish writer Peter May. So I'm doing fine under the circumstances. 🙂
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:57
    And I still stick with The Blackhouse, the first novel of The Lewis Trilogy by the Scottish writer Peter May. So I'm doing fine under the circumstances. 🙂
    Rather than sticking to my "usual" Patterson or Baldacci crime novels I'm trying a new one (for me) Lee Child.
    I know...who cares. 😳😀
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:021 edit
    Rather than sticking to my "usual" Patterson or Baldacci crime novels I'm trying a new one (for me) Lee Child.
    I know...who cares. 😳😀
    Well, I usually care to hear about what kind of books you stick to., and also that you wish me a nice vacation. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree