1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 06:03
    I know that I'm not the only one who hit the submit button and groaned. It would be nice to get a message "Are you sure you want to proceed with this action?"
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 06:21
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    I know that I'm not the only one who hit the submit button and groaned. It would be nice to get a message "Are you sure you want to proceed with this action?"
    I would prefer to have control-z available throughout my life.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 06:58
    I'd like to be able to customise this option, mine would prompt:

"Are you should you don't want to reconsider your Mickey Mouse move?"
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 14:47
    Why didn't you put that in Site Ideas?

I remember (but didn't find) a thread with that suggestion.

I would opt for the possibility to switch it off for the fast movers and the ones being easily annoyed.

Plus I would put the question button on the other side of the chess board 😀
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 14:552 edits
    Suggestion for the Pop-up message>

"Dear RHP member, if you are tired or drunk and you still have a couple of days of TimeBank, sleep over it, or look it again!"
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 15:33
    I'd like two pop ups
    Are you sure this is the move you want to play?
    And
    Are you really really sure..etc
  7. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 15:35
    I totally agree.

Usually I only spot a blunder after the submit thing.

This could be useful: Just move. But don't touch anything.....flip board.....take your time, and cancel.

This is going to avoid 30% of bad moves.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 16:51
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Suggestion for the Pop-up message>

"Dear RHP member, if you are tired or drunk and you still have a couple of days of TimeBank, sleep over it, or look it again!"
    "I'm sorry [user name], I'm afraid I can't do that."
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 18:15
    Only, and I mean ONLY, if we have the option to disengage this "hand-holding" feature.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 18:29
    I don't think there will be too many instances where you will answer "no" to that question. Most moments of clarity come after you've made a move and you are able to look at the board "refreshed" again. Having to click one more button isn't enough.

What might work better for you is to do something different right before you make a move. Get a glass of water, pet the dog, whatever. That'll work more refreshing. Of course, if you play many games at the same time the dog might get annoyed after some time.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 19:37
    It's a game right? How about in hockey or football of soccer or skiing or..or..or we have something whereby we can just say "Look ref, I really didn't mean to trip, miss the gate, interfere with...you get the picture. You clicked submit....live with it...IT'S A GAME.
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    03 Feb '14 20:01
    these folks are being far too kind to you...

stop yer whining...
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 14:49
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Why didn't you put that in Site Ideas?

I remember (but didn't find) a thread with that suggestion.

I would opt for the possibility to switch it off for the fast movers and the ones being easily annoyed.

Plus I would put the question button on the other side of the chess board 😀
    found the thread:

Thread 155925
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 16:09
    When I touch the submit button it says: Are you sure you should be playing chess at all..?
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 17:17
    Originally posted by lolof
    When I touch the submit button it says: Are you sure you should be playing chess at all..?
    A button, it would appear, that hasn't felt your finger for a number of days now.🙄😀😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree