The body beautiful.

The body beautiful.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
22 Jul 15

Ranger

Rohan

Moves
22 Jul 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Ask Reuben Fine.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Jul 15

Working in the mental health field, i refer many of my clients to the gym or encourage them to take up a sport etc. There is definitely a link between physical and mental well being.

Moves
22 Jul 15

I think being "mentally OK" with your physical self is more important than the other way around.

rc

Moves
22 Jul 15
3 edits

Yes absolutely, Botvinnik started the idea of total training which included physical fitness, Spassky played tennis, Korchnio went jogging, played Table tennis etc with his seconds before his match with Karpov to get in good shape and Fischer always worked out (he loved sports anyhow) You can even do a chess workout, you play five minute blitz, every time you lose you work out for a period like jogging on the spot, or doing sit ups/press ups, light weights etc etc Then play some more until you get beat and workout some more. I would say that there seems to be a symbiotic relationship with physical health and mental well being.

Personally I do have a gym membership although i prefer yoga and only recently i have stopped eating any foods that are processed outwith the home and i can tell you with sincerity, weight has dropped off and i feel much more energized as a consequence, both physically and mentally. 😀

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Jul 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yes absolutely, Botvinnik started the idea of total training which included physical fitness, Spassky played tennis, Korchnio went jogging, played Table tennis etc with his seconds before his match with Karpov to get in good shape and Fischer always worked out (he loved sports anyhow) You can even do a chess workout, you play five minute blitz, every ...[text shortened]... as dropped off and i feel much more energized as a consequence, both physically and mentally. 😀
It's not enough to have a gym membership old chap, you actually need to go to the gym.

Pleased to hear though that you're taking care of yourself.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
22 Jul 15

rc

Moves
22 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
It's not enough to have a gym membership old chap, you actually need to go to the gym.

Pleased to hear though that you're taking care of yourself.
Thank you if I am ever in need of any quackery, you da man! 😛

rc

Moves
22 Jul 15

sawing logs is well good for the ol cardiovascular and burning them, carbon neutral! Its all good, natures way is the best.

Moves
22 Jul 15

You sound like our dogs. They too walk, dig and at night when the finally nod off they also "saw logs".

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
23 Jul 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
You sound like our dogs. They too walk, dig and at night when the finally nod off they also "saw logs".
I try to keep my fingers fit as too my mental fitness my ratings obviously show I am retarded.

l

Moves
23 Jul 15

Yes, and the other way around too.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Jul 15

Originally posted by lolof
Yes, and the other way around too.
I once went the other way around.

Fell out of the window.

😞

l

Moves
23 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I once went the other way around.

Fell out of the window.

😞
🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jul 15

"Do chess players generally keep physically fit and care about the shape of their bodies?" drewnogal, one man does....