1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 May '14 03:24
    "Questions are more difficult than answers. Think and think again."-Unknown, from 60's TV
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 03:35
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    The Fine Art of Questioning Effectively

Question: Does effective questioning promote worthwhile online conversations on topics that matter to us all?

Answers: “Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” -Voltaire | “The scientist is not a person who gives the right answers, he's one who asks the right questions.” -Claude Lévi-Strauss | “If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.” -Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

“It's a fact—everyone is ignorant in some way or another. Going online and asking questions is the best way to learn. -Tom Felton | "I love doing what I do. I love asking questions. I love being in the mix." -Larry King | "I love the early process of asking questions about a story and deciding which questions matter most." -Diane Sawyer

“At the end of the day, the questions we ask of ourselves determine the type of people that we will become.” -Leo Babauta

Earn an Online PHD in The Fine Art of Questioning Effectively on RHP's General Forum by July 4, 2014

Though this thread may appear to be another word or language game, it's that and a little something more. It's intended to help restore this forum to its high water mark of previous years in an enjoyable and competitive way. Our Thread Format: -->Questions Only! No exceptions, please.<-- Credits: One Credit for each related question (one at a time). Two Credits for each Thumbs Up and Three Credits for each Thumbs Down. Yes, the Ancient Roman Coliseum Spectator Convention applies. Any and all opinions, statements or declarative sentences will Subtract Ten (10) Credits from the PHD Candidate's Total for each infraction. There are fifty five days until July 4, 2014. PHD: 50 Credits are Required to earn your degree. Okay?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '14 03:39
    Why not postpone the deadline til July 14th?
    (July 4th is the day of quarter finals in World Cup on Brazil.)
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 May '14 03:46
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Well, cash, what's on your mind this evening?
    What color are your socks...mine are green? That is where my mind is at this moment.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 03:511 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Why not postpone the deadline til July 14th?
    (July 4th is the day of quarter finals in World Cup on Brazil.)
    Do you think this postponement will increase the number of candidates earning a PHD in The Fine Art of Questioning?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 03:53
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    What color are your socks...mine are green? That is where my mind is at this moment.
    cash, do you usually wear green socks with your pajamas on Saturday evenings?
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 May '14 04:01
    cash, do you usually wear green socks with your pajamas on Saturday evenings?
    I am color blind, but don't you agree that green socks goes well with blue slippers?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 04:07
    I am color blind, but don't you agree that green socks goes well with blue slippers?
    In what ways does mentioning green socks and blue slippers relate to things that are on your mind?
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 May '14 04:57
    In what ways does mentioning green socks and blue slippers relate to things that are on your mind?
    It was a simple question Bob and I respect your opinion as you know green is a nice color and blue as well, so why not tell me if it suits you? Why would you avoid a question as simple as the color of your socks or mine? This thread could just as easily be about socks as any other could it not? Do you have something you would like to ask of more importance?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 05:12
    It was a simple question Bob and I respect your opinion as you know green is a nice color and blue as well, so why not tell me if it suits you? Why would you avoid a question as simple as the color of your socks or mine? This thread could just as easily be about socks as any other could it not? Do you have something you would like to ask of more importance?
    Would you approve of my preference for black dress socks, tan with loafers as well as ivory colored woolen athletic socks?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 May '14 05:19
    JS, did you notice this paragraph in the lower portion of the originally post: "Though this thread may appear to be another word or language game, it's that and a little something more. It's intended to help restore this forum to its high water mark of previous years in an enjoyable and competitive way. [b]Our Thread Format: Questions Only! No excep ...[text shortened]... y five days until July 4, 2014. PHD: 50 Credits are Required to earn your degree. Okay?"?[/b]
    I have all the credit hours I want.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 May '14 05:34
    I always wear white socks. 😕
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 May '14 06:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 May '14 06:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 May '14 06:10
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned." -Richard Feynman

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree