1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:20
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Dye from socks can cause additional irritation to sensitive areas. More OCD than anything. My Granny told me about a guy that had a blister and dye caused complications resulting in amputation. I've worn white socks (2 pair) most of my life.
    "I've worn white socks (2 pair) most of my life." Have you found a brand without an elasticized top?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:21
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Exactly what kind of control freak are you?
    .... and to whom do you speak, NoEarthlyReason?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:23
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Thanks Bob, I think you helped me to decide whether or not to toss my old socks, but you see they are my most comfortable pair and has only one hole each, so while lounging in front of my computer why not be comfortable I ask? Asking you if you find it preferable or more comfortable to wear green socks in public might not get a positive result, which is ...[text shortened]... sn't wool make your feet sweat? Isn't cotton more absorbent so therefore cooler and less sweaty?
    cash, I'll reply this evening.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:24
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    He is a legend in physics.
    Thank you.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    .... and to whom do you speak, NoEarthlyReason?
    Do you wish to answer?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:31
    Do you wish to answer?
    Here's the post immediately above yours:

Originally posted by drewnogal
    Now you've really gone and put your holey socked foot in it.

Were you replying to drewnogal?
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:39
    Here's the post immediately above yours:

Originally posted by drewnogal
    Now you've really gone and put your holey socked foot in it.

Were you replying to drewnogal?
    Is that, strictly speaking, relevant? Please answer using 8000-10000 words wriiten in genuine squid ink on vellum.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:431 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 21:45
    Is that, strictly speaking, relevant? Please answer using 8000-10000 words wriiten in genuine squid ink on vellum.
    NER, apparently you're still in "The Fine Art of Questioning Effectively" game mode. I sure wish you were here yesterday.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 4)
    Memo to PHD Candidates: Due to stormy weather and related developments, your classroom is moved to Thread 159206

11 May '14 21:52
    NER, apparently you're still in "The Fine Art of Questioning Effectively" game mode. I sure wish you were here yesterday.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 4)
    [b]Memo to PHD Candidates:
    Due to stormy weather and related developments, your classroom is moved to Thread 159206

__________________________________________________________[/b]
    Well, I shall ask no more. Thank you for posting Caleb Murdoch's thoughts on free verse in the poetry thread. I intend to read it but need to finish reading a discussion on a similar subject (that additionally references the divergence of English and American poetry) first. It's in volume 1 of the Oxford Anthology of English Verse, if you're interested in checking it out.
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 May '14 22:04
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That's me, I have foot in mouth disease, are you admitting guilt? 😀
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 May '14 22:12
    cash, I'll reply this evening.
    Not necessary Bob..just killing some time between moves, you didn't really think I give a hoot what kind of socks anyone wears do you? I wear both boxers and briefs when it's really cold. ever tried that?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 22:281 edit
    Not necessary Bob..just killing some time between moves, you didn't really think I give a hoot what kind of socks anyone wears do you? I wear both boxers and briefs when it's really cold. ever tried that?
    Au contraire, cash. There'll come a day when I'm no longer able to care about RHP Members but right now I care intensely.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 May '14 04:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    16,214?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 May '14 05:071 edit
    Thanks Bob, I think you helped me to decide whether or not to toss my old socks, but you see they are my most comfortable pair and has only one hole each, so while lounging in front of my computer why not be comfortable I ask? Asking you if you find it preferable or more comfortable to wear green socks in public might not get a positive result, which is ...[text shortened]... sn't wool make your feet sweat? Isn't cotton more absorbent so therefore cooler and less sweaty?
    Originally posted by cashthetrash ... [cash, my reply is italicized in brackets]
    Thanks Bob, I think you helped me to decide whether or not to toss my old socks, but you see they are my most comfortable pair and has only one hole each, so while lounging in front of my computer why not be comfortable I ask? [I'm with you; be comfortable and it applies to comfortable slippers, too.] Asking you if you find it preferable or more comfortable to wear green socks in public might not get a positive result, which is why I don't wear green socks in public, however do you ever? [Maybe as a very young boy before girls became an interest but not since that I recall.] I think your choices as conservative as they are is probably more my inline with my taste too, but doesn't wool make your feet sweat? [On the contrary. The authentic non-elasticized top athletic style wool socks I'm referring to function far better than cotton but are no longer available, not even online from Renfro at least not in the past five years. Apparently the wool is too expensive for socks and used only with sweaters, suits and blazers.] Isn't cotton more absorbent so therefore cooler and less sweaty? [To each his/her own. I've been spoiled by the genuine article, the real deal.]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree