1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 00:17
    The General Forum isn't the thing. The General Forum is the thing that gets you to the thing.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 01:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 02:30
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Aint no glory holes around here.
  4. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 05:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    The General Forum isn't the thing. The General Forum is the thing that [b]gets you to the thing.[/b]
    The taxicab that gets you to the airport?
    So the General Forum is a 1955 styled 1999 Checker, painted bright yellow?
    I see it more like the sump in a flooded basement. But then I've only read a bit of the rubbish in these forums. It is also quite probable I caught the better parts in my original google searches.
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 06:02
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Aint no glory holes around here.
    How dare you make a reply so distasteful the poster removed his post!
    I have half a mind to smack you in the pecker, and half a mind to buy you a beer. Not sure which half is winning, got a coin?
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 14:11
    Originally posted by Gambrel
    How dare you make a reply so distasteful the poster removed his post!
    I have half a mind to smack you in the pecker, and half a mind to buy you a beer. Not sure which half is winning, got a coin?
    I think the fact that the first post was deleted but the second does not, proves one thing. . .namely that the Forum Moderator isn't gay.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 17:12
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I think the fact that the first post was deleted but the second does not, proves one thing. . .namely that the Forum Moderator isn't gay.
    i, for one, must assume he is quite happy...
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 19:15
    Originally posted by rookie54
    i, for one, must assume he is quite happy...
    How do you know it's a he?
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 14:19
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    How do you know it's a he?
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 19:21
    Originally posted by FMF (OP)
    The General Forum isn't the thing. The General Forum is the thing that gets you to the thing
    "Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic. In the past few years, the science of Internet trollology has made some strides. Last year, for instance, we learned that by hurling insults and inciting discord in online comment sections, so-called Internet trolls (who are frequently anonymous) have a polarizing effect on audiences, leading to politicization, rather than deeper understanding of scientific topics.

That’s bad, but it’s nothing compared with what a new psychology paper has to say about the personalities of trolls themselves. The research, conducted by Erin Buckels of the University of Manitoba and two colleagues, sought to directly investigate whether people who engage in trolling are characterized by personality traits that fall in the so-called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).

It is hard to overplay the results: The study found correlations, sometimes quite significant, between these traits and trolling behavior. What’s more, it also found a relationship between all Dark Tetrad traits (except for narcissism) and the overall time that an individual spent, per day, commenting on the Internet.

In the study, trolls were identified in a variety of ways. One was by simply asking survey participants what they “enjoyed doing most” when on online comment sites, offering five options: “debating issues that are important to you,” “chatting with others,” “making new friends,” “trolling others,” and “other.” Here’s how different responses about these Internet commenting preferences matched up with responses to questions designed to identify Dark Tetrad traits:" (1 of 2)

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

An Invitation: Your own observations regarding the validity of these findings on Red Hot Pawn's General Forum would be welcome.
    Specifically, is it true that "The General Forum isn't the thing" and that that this may be "the thing that gets you to the thing."?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 19:35
    General Forum is like the channel 19 of CB radio, channel 14 and 17 are like the debate forum.
    Help forum is the channel 9.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People
    If you disapprove of the thread, Grampy Bobby, why not just say why?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic. In the past few years, the science of Internet trollology has made some strides. Last year, for instance, we learned that by hurling insults and inciting discord in online comment sections, so-called Internet trol ...[text shortened]... isn't the thing"[/i] and that that this may be "the thing that gets you to the thing."?[/b]
    You seem upset Grampy Bobby...?
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 23:11
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    General Forum is like the channel 19 of CB radio, channel 14 and 17 are like the debate forum.
    Help forum is the channel 9.
    Breaker one niner this is the Golden Rod come on.

Go breaker this is the Flower Box come back

What is your 10 20?

Monas house of brothel

Thats a big 10 4 how about a rendezvous?

Things are slow here right now so come on.

10 4
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 00:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You seem upset Grampy Bobby...?
    He wants to be known as Boston Lad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree