The General Forum isn't the thing.

The General Forum isn't the thing.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Feb 16

Red Hot Pawn

Public Forums:
: "The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts." ~Russ

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Red Hot Pawn

Public Forums:
: "The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts." ~Russ[/b]
What "conversation" have you been trying to develop on this thread?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
Do what you like. As I do.
"What's wrong with using real English and saying "Red Hot Pawn forums" or even "this forum"?

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

"What's wrong with using real English and saying "Red Hot Pawn forums" or even "this forum"?
So you will tolerate no criticism or suggestions or difference of opinion of any kind, is that what your responses to Kewpie mean?

Australia

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
So you will tolerate no criticism or suggestions or difference of opinion of any kind, is that what your responses to Kewpie mean?
Don't encourage him, FMF - he hasn't anything to say. All he can do is copy other people's stuff. They show you cut'n'paste in your first computer class. It doesn't take any brain power.

Moves
13 Feb 16

[b]"Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

Copy paste crap[/i][/b]
You must live in a very sad world where everybody else is a troll but you.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
The General Forum isn't the thing. The General Forum is the thing that [b]gets you to the thing.[/b]
Is "the thing" the General Forum gets you to - for anyone here - the hope of meeting up with people in 'real life' ?

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Is "the thing" the General Forum gets you to - for anyone here - the hope of meeting up with people in 'real life' ?
Most often the opposite.

Australia

Moves
14 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Most often the opposite.
I've met face-to-face several people whose first contact was made via this site. I don't believe any of them were first encountered in this forum, but my recollection may have a few gaps in it. None of the encounters turned out to be disappointing, so perhaps I'm not too bad at online character assessment. 🙂

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

I've met face-to-face several people whose first contact was made via this site. I don't believe any of them were first encountered in this forum, but my recollection may have a few gaps in it. None of the encounters turned out to be disappointing, so perhaps I'm not too bad at online character assessment. 🙂
I went to the UK RHP meet up several years ago when I played as mosquitorespect. People were nice enough, but I didn't feel particularly inclined to develop any friendships. Maybe I'm just a bit anti-social, or was then.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

I went to the UK RHP meet up several years ago when I played as mosquitorespect. People were nice enough, but I didn't feel particularly inclined to develop any friendships. Maybe I'm just a bit anti-social, or was then.
Who do you think would not turn up if they knew I was going to attend? (Putting to one side the issue of nationality, location, and expense)

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

If I were still 20-something, I might consider travelling round Europe on the cheap, using an Inter-Rail ticket, staying with RHP'ers, losing chess games to them, and seeing the sights in the cities where they live, and then returning the favour when anyone wanted to visit me in Broadmoor, Berkshire, UK. 😛

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Who do you think would not turn up if they knew I was going to attend? (Putting to one side the issue of nationality, location, and expense)
You're probably a better judge of that than I am.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

You're probably a better judge of that than I am.
This is the kind of wise pronouncement I was fishing for. 😏

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
The General Forum isn't the thing. The General Forum is the thing that gets you to the thing.
What is interesting is that, although there is the Clans Forum which is provided for people to call each other names and generally be silly among like-minded people, there are posters that come to the General Forum and seek to do the same kind of thing in front of a lot of people who are not the slightest bit interested in Clans Forum type stuff. What is "the thing" for them exactly?