General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 Feb '16 10:49
    Red Hot Pawn

    Public Forums:
    : "The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts." ~Russ
  2. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29999
    13 Feb '16 10:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Red Hot Pawn

    Public Forums:
    : "The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts." ~Russ[/b]
    What "conversation" have you been trying to develop on this thread?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 Feb '16 10:53
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Do what you like. As I do.
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    "What's wrong with using real English and saying "Red Hot Pawn forums" or even "this forum"?
  4. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29999
    13 Feb '16 11:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    "What's wrong with using real English and saying "Red Hot Pawn forums" or even "this forum"?
    So you will tolerate no criticism or suggestions or difference of opinion of any kind, is that what your responses to Kewpie mean?
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    339697
    13 Feb '16 12:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you will tolerate no criticism or suggestions or difference of opinion of any kind, is that what your responses to Kewpie mean?
    Don't encourage him, FMF - he hasn't anything to say. All he can do is copy other people's stuff. They show you cut'n'paste in your first computer class. It doesn't take any brain power.
  6. SubscriberKegge
    Drown all midgets
    Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    110914
    13 Feb '16 12:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People

    Copy paste crap[/i][/b]
    You must live in a very sad world where everybody else is a troll but you.
  7. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29999
    14 Feb '16 02:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    The General Forum isn't the thing. The General Forum is the thing that [b]gets you to the thing.[/b]
    Is "the thing" the General Forum gets you to - for anyone here - the hope of meeting up with people in 'real life' ?
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Feb '16 02:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is "the thing" the General Forum gets you to - for anyone here - the hope of meeting up with people in 'real life' ?
    Most often the opposite.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    339697
    14 Feb '16 03:041 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Most often the opposite.
    I've met face-to-face several people whose first contact was made via this site. I don't believe any of them were first encountered in this forum, but my recollection may have a few gaps in it. None of the encounters turned out to be disappointing, so perhaps I'm not too bad at online character assessment. 🙂
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Feb '16 03:07
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I've met face-to-face several people whose first contact was made via this site. I don't believe any of them were first encountered in this forum, but my recollection may have a few gaps in it. None of the encounters turned out to be disappointing, so perhaps I'm not too bad at online character assessment. 🙂
    I went to the UK RHP meet up several years ago when I played as mosquitorespect. People were nice enough, but I didn't feel particularly inclined to develop any friendships. Maybe I'm just a bit anti-social, or was then.
  11. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29999
    14 Feb '16 03:23
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I went to the UK RHP meet up several years ago when I played as mosquitorespect. People were nice enough, but I didn't feel particularly inclined to develop any friendships. Maybe I'm just a bit anti-social, or was then.
    Who do you think would not turn up if they knew I was going to attend? (Putting to one side the issue of nationality, location, and expense)
  12. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29999
    14 Feb '16 03:26
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I've met face-to-face several people whose first contact was made via this site. I don't believe any of them were first encountered in this forum, but my recollection may have a few gaps in it. None of the encounters turned out to be disappointing, so perhaps I'm not too bad at online character assessment. 🙂
    If I were still 20-something, I might consider travelling round Europe on the cheap, using an Inter-Rail ticket, staying with RHP'ers, losing chess games to them, and seeing the sights in the cities where they live, and then returning the favour when anyone wanted to visit me in Broadmoor, Berkshire, UK. 😛
  13. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    14 Feb '16 03:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who do you think would not turn up if they knew I was going to attend? (Putting to one side the issue of nationality, location, and expense)
    You're probably a better judge of that than I am.
  14. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29999
    14 Feb '16 04:00
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    You're probably a better judge of that than I am.
    This is the kind of wise pronouncement I was fishing for. 😏
  15. Standard memberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29999
    19 Feb '16 00:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    The General Forum isn't the thing. The General Forum is the thing that gets you to the thing.
    What is interesting is that, although there is the Clans Forum which is provided for people to call each other names and generally be silly among like-minded people, there are posters that come to the General Forum and seek to do the same kind of thing in front of a lot of people who are not the slightest bit interested in Clans Forum type stuff. What is "the thing" for them exactly?
Back to Top