1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 12:08
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Then explain how a phenomenon that you accept as an integral aspect of human nature can at the same time be a symptom of 'dehumanization'...
    I don't think it is "integral". I think it is ugly. I think it robs victims of their humanity on account of them not being "familiar". I think it enables the atrocities on the scale that they happen. I think it can be resisted. I think it can be rejected. So I certainly think it can be criticized.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 12:141 edit
    ...my question which you avoided before, is how much more upset do we need to be to satisfy your yardstick for a 'common humanity'
    Tell you what, let's see how many threads the OP poster and others [those that share his "fascination" with Manson and all the celebrities he listed, STILL, 40 or so years down the road] ...how many threads they start on much more grotesque things that U.S. culture coughed up in 1970, and I will respond to their expressions of upsetness as and if necessary.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 12:16
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Perhaps you have a latent desire to bite a bulldog. 😉
    I partake approximately once a month. Delicious. I doubt that they are actually bulldogs, as such. But near enough. 😉
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 13:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think it is "integral". I think it is ugly. I think it robs victims of their humanity on account of them not being "familiar". I think it enables the atrocities on the scale that they happen. I think it can be resisted. I think it can be rejected. So I certainly think it can be criticized.
    I think you are wrong.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 13:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Tell you what, let's see how many threads the OP poster and others [those that share his "fascination" with Manson and all the celebrities he listed, STILL, 40 or so years down the road] ...how many threads they start on much more grotesque things that U.S. culture coughed up in 1970, and I will respond to their expressions of upsetness as and if necessary.
    Go for it, I await the Disco Dancing op with trepidation.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 14:04
    I think you are wrong.
    I think this has been clear all along. Did you not think it was?
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 14:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think this has been clear all along. Did you not think it was?
    Then why post it again. It's ok you can have the last word.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 14:42
    Then why post it again. It's ok you can have the last word.
    *LOL* you guys "slay" me.🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree