1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:121 edit
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

An excerpt: His first interview with Trump

In those days, Schwartz recalls, Trump was generally affable with reporters, offering short, amusingly immodest quotes on demand. Trump had been forthcoming with him during the New York interview, but it hadn’t required much time or deep reflection. For the book, though, Trump needed to provide him with sustained, thoughtful recollections. He asked Trump to describe his childhood in detail. After sitting for only a few minutes in his suit and tie, Trump became impatient and irritable. He looked fidgety, Schwartz recalls, “like a kindergartner who can’t sit still in a classroom.” Even when Schwartz pressed him, Trump seemed to remember almost nothing of his youth, and made it clear that he was bored. Far more quickly than Schwartz had expected, Trump ended the meeting."

And millions of idiots want this sociopath to be president.

Just what we need, a narcissistic sociopath, just like Russia.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just what we need, a narcissistic sociopath
    So? We have one right here, in the general forum, and he even comes with
    a mentally deformed sidekick. It costs money to the site, yeah, but, out of
    that, what is the harm?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:22
    And millions of idiots want this sociopath to be president.

I would have thought that too many more off-the-cuff remarks - of the kind where he urged Russia to hack the former Secretary of State's e-mail and publish them - will probably put a significant dent in his support.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:23
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

An excerpt: His first interview with Trump

In those days, Schwartz recalls, Trump was generally affable with reporters, offering short, amusingly immodest quotes on demand. Trump had been forthcoming with him during the New York interview, but it hadn’t required much time ...[text shortened]... is sociopath to be president.

Well then, just which political candidate isn't a narcissistic sociopath?

In fact, which celebrity in the media today isn't? From Hollywood to youtube all I see are narcissistic sociopaths. Even in Walmart. Everywhere you go. It's an infection.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:25
    Originally posted by Seitse
    So? We have one right here, in the general forum, and he even comes with
    a mentally deformed sidekick. It costs money to the site, yeah, but, out of
    that, what is the harm?
    They're everywhere.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:281 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    They're everywhere.
    So you are STILL going to vote for this assshole. What does that say about you?

You don't seem to give a shyte you want a man with the attention span of a donut to be PRESIDENT?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well then, just which political candidate isn't a narcissistic sociopath?
    I think all politicians have varying degrees of narcissism - and need to if they have any hope of projecting themselves in a way that allows ordinary people to project their hopes onto them - but I don't think all politicians are sociopaths.

They certainly aren't all sociopaths here in Indonesia. Perhaps you are talking only about the U.S., in which case perhaps you are right, although I think the word "sociopath" gets overused and therefore doesn't mean much anymore.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse to josephw
    I was under the impression that josephw disliked all the available politicians and parties equally and wasn't going to vote for anybody. Based on stuff he's said about what he hates about politics and politicians, I doubt he's going to vote Trump.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think all politicians have varying degrees of narcissism - and need to if they have any hope of projecting themselves in a way that allows ordinary people to project their hopes onto them - but I don't think all politicians are sociopaths.

They certainly aren't all sociopaths here in Indonesia. Perhaps you are talking only about the U.S., in which case per ...[text shortened]... ht, although I think the word "sociopath" gets overused and therefore doesn't mean much anymore.
    The real problem is if Trump gets elected US president, it will not be him being the actual president because his attention span is too short to deal with really complex international issues. So it will be his advisors who will be the real power behind Trump and we all know where that leads.

Like when Bush Jr was 'president', it was Chaney who was the real president because Jr couldn't lead a thirsty horse to water. We all know how well THAT ended.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 12:52
    The real problem is if Trump gets elected US president, it will not be him being the actual president because his attention span is too short to deal with really complex international issues. So it will be his advisors who will be the real power behind Trump and we all know where that leads.
    I think 'the establishment', powers that be, and the men in dark grey suits, will close ranks and 'neutralize' a lot of Trumpism, like they did with Carter, and he will be left as a photo-op/soundbite brandishing occupant of a bully pulpit for 4 years. I don't think the American body politic is going to withdraw from NATO or stop U.S. companies from investing and employing people in businesses overseas, etc. etc.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 13:002 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think 'the establishment', powers that be, and the men in dark grey suits, will close ranks and 'neutralize' a lot of Trumpism, like they did with Carter, and he will be left as a photo-op/soundbite brandishing occupant of a bully pulpit for 4 years. I don't think the American body politic is going to withdraw from NATO or stop U.S. companies from investing and employing people in businesses overseas, etc. etc.
    I am talking about hawks as advisors, like Chaney was for Jr. We could easily be in a huge bloody war with a million troops in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan if they had their way with Trump as president.

So suppose they do that and actually beat ISIS to a pulp. All that would do is delay the next entry of Jihadists for a decade or so and the 2040's will be just like the 2010's.

Meanwhile ANOTHER 10 trillion will be down the drain of war and we all know who suffers from that BS.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 13:03

You don't seem to give a shyte you want a man with the attention span of a donut to be PRESIDENT?
    You never heard me say I was voting for Trump. I can see what he is just as well as you can.

In my opinion there isn't a man or woman alive today fit to be president. Not since Kennedy or Reagan. Every single aswipe in Washington should be taken out and hanged for treason. Well, almost every one. 😉

I don't believe a word of any of them.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 13:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is that picture of? A young Alfred Hitchcock?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 13:08
    I am talking about hawks as advisors, like Chaney was for Jr. We could easily be in a huge bloody war with a million troops in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan if they had their way with Trump as president.
    I imagine that there will be increased spending but I doubt that the U.S. will put a million troops into Iraq.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 13:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    I imagine that there will be increased spending but I doubt that the U.S. will put a million troops into Iraq.
    If you were an American and voting would you put your bet on that not happening? It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree