1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If you were an American and voting would you put your bet on that not happening? It's not like it hasn't happened before.
    Yes. I don't think it's going to happen. I am not particularly worried about Trump.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. I don't think it's going to happen. I am not particularly worried about Trump.
    I just hope his supporters see through his scams.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:16
    I just hope his supporters see through his scams.
    Sure. Can't argue with that. He's a complete tool.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sure. Can't argue with that. He's a complete tool.
    You mis-spelled fool
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:21
    You mis-spelled fool
    Ha ha. I think "tool" gets closer to what I think. 😀
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ha ha. I think "tool" gets closer to what I think. 😀
    Well, definitely not cool...Just hope he doesn't pull the wool over our eyes when we are in the pool.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 15:47
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

An excerpt: His first interview with Trump

In those days, Schwartz recalls, Trump was generally affable with reporters, offering short, amusingly immodest quotes on demand. Trump had been forthcoming with him during the New York interview, but it hadn’t required much time ...[text shortened]... is sociopath to be president.

Just what we need, a narcissistic sociopath, just like Russia.
    Let's see if we can make some sense out of the scenario you have touched upon, since you seem unable to treat anything with which you disagree with anything remotely resembling objectivity or even-handedness.

It is a near-universally accepted belief that Trump is a bombastic egocentric blow-hard--- I don't think even he would deny that this is an apt and accurate description of his public persona.
    So we can conclude this is how he acts.
    But we only have the various reports from sundry sources on what he is in real life.
    Critics attack his business acumen, latching onto every negative as though they ruin the whole picture, but as Bob Ross would say "Let's just make that a happy little tree."
    The whole picture reveals that Trump must be one of the LUCKIEST sob's to ever walk the planet, given that all his failures are entirely a result of his lack of character and good judgement, and yet all of his success is just plain ol' dumb luck.
    God, that I could be that much of a failure!
    I digress...

Getting back to his penchant for self-promotion.
    Here is his opportunity to wax elegant and long to a captive audience about all of the groundwork it took to make the masterful Trump what he is today...
    and he passed.
    A guy who lives to self-promote passing on an opportunity?
    Whatchewtawkinbout Willis?
    I offer a different perspective.
    It is entirely within the realm of possible and plausible reality that Trump simply didn't trust the person asking the questions, and therefore wasn't going to put any ammunition in that person's hands.
    Born salesmen, pitchmen never forego an opportunity for self-promotion; it's one of their strengths and weaknesses.
    Trump plays chess while chumps like you play checkers.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 16:30
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Let's see if we can make some sense out of the scenario you have touched upon, since you seem unable to treat anything with which you disagree with anything remotely resembling objectivity or even-handedness.

It is a near-universally accepted belief that Trump is a bombastic egocentric blow-hard--- I don't think even he would deny that this is an apt an ...[text shortened]... s one of their strengths and weaknesses.
    Trump plays chess while chumps like you play checkers.
    So you didn't read the whole piece then. When he (Trump) was asked about the possibility of him being shadowed all day at work and home, he loved it.

I'm sure you are in love with Trumpness but the reality is a lot different from the persona he generates on TV.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think all politicians have varying degrees of narcissism - and need to if they have any hope of projecting themselves in a way that allows ordinary people to project their hopes onto them - but I don't think all politicians are sociopaths.

They certainly aren't all sociopaths here in Indonesia. Perhaps you are talking only about the U.S., in which case per ...[text shortened]... ht, although I think the word "sociopath" gets overused and therefore doesn't mean much anymore.
    Are you one of them?

Is that why you defend them?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you one of them?

Is that why you defend them?
    Which politicians do you think I defend?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:27
    The real problem is if Trump gets elected US president, it will not be him being the actual president because his attention span is too short to deal with really complex international issues. So it will be his advisors who will be the real power behind Trump and we all know where that leads.

Like when Bush Jr was 'president', it was Chaney who was the re ...[text shortened]... l president because Jr couldn't lead a thirsty horse to water. We all know how well THAT ended.
    A story from the Kasich camp told how Trump approached Kasich before the convention and asked him, "How would you like to be the most powerful vice-president ever?"

Some claim that Trump wants the limelight but doesn't want to do the hard work. He'd much rather be the King, not the PM.

This leaves his followers electing a career politician, an insider, in Mike Pence. And that's not why they're voting for Trump. The promises won't be fulfilled, but Trump has never respected the 'little guy'.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:35
    A story from the Kasich camp told how Trump approached Kasich before the convention and asked him, "How would you like to be the most powerful vice-president ever?"

Some claim that Trump wants the limelight but doesn't want to do the hard work. He'd much rather be the King, not the PM.

This leaves his followers electing a career politician, an inside ...[text shortened]... ing for Trump. The promises won't be fulfilled, but Trump has never respected the 'little guy'.
    I once heard a story about how Trump had a flat tire and a passerby stopped and fixed the flat. Trump tracked the man down and thanked him by pay off his mortgage.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which politicians do you think I defend?
    The ones you defend in your post: Indonesian politicians.

Unlike you, I read what people type, not what you want to think they said.

So answer the question.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:41
    The ones you defend in your post: Indonesian politicians.
    Some are certainly sociopaths, some may well be, others are not.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:46
    Are you one of them?
    Am I one of the Indonesian politicians? Is that what you're asking?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree