1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Am I one of the Indonesian politicians? Is that what you're asking?
    No no no. Are you one of them? The aliens. You know, one of the ones taking over our planet by posing as politicians.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    No no no. Are you one of them? The aliens. You know, one of the ones taking over our planet by posing as politicians.
    I said that all Indonesian politicians certainly aren't sociopaths. And Suzianne asked me if I was one of them. It's a strange, blurty question. Maybe if you start babbling about "aliens" it'll get swept under the forum's rug. 😉
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I said that all Indonesian politicians certainly aren't sociopaths. And Suzianne asked me if I was one of them. It's a strange, blurty question. Maybe if you start babbling about "aliens" it'll get swept under the forum's rug. 😉
    Can I ask you a question? It's probably just me, but you did realize I was just joking?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:23
    Can I ask you a question? It's probably just me, but you did realize I was just joking?
    Of course. And so am I. Didn't you realize? 😉

The joke is on Suzianne, as you well know.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course. And so am I. Didn't you realize? 😉

The joke is on Suzianne, as you well know.
    Sometimes you're hard to read. Thought so though.

I don't joke around with Suzianne. I'm afraid she won't think it's funny. Just kidding suzi. 😉
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:43
    Sometimes you're hard to read. Thought so though.
    That's probably why your constant attempts to land forum cuffs-on-the-chin - seemingly purely for the purposes of landing cuffs-on-the-chin - come across as so lacking in wit and sophistication. 😉
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:46
    I once heard a story about how Trump had a flat tire and a passerby stopped and fixed the flat. Trump tracked the man down and thanked him by pay off his mortgage.
    With the myth of social mobility in the U.S. now so cruelly exposed, this little story about a clueless rich guy and a working stiff who knows how to change a tyre might serve as a new folk tale to sum up the reality of the American Dream. 😛
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's probably why your constant attempts to land forum cuffs-on-the-chin - seemingly purely for the purposes of landing cuffs-on-the-chin - come across as so lacking in wit and sophistication. 😉
    I admit it. I'm witless and unsophisticated. Glad to get that off my chest. I almost spelled that chess.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 01:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    And you're the one doing the sweeping. You decry "evasion" in others, and yet you stand here evading just like those you decry.

Can you just answer the question now?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 01:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And you're the one doing the sweeping. You decry "evasion" in others, and yet you stand here evading just like those you decry.

Can you just answer the question now?
    Evading what? If you mean your question about whether I am one of the Indonesian politicians that I referred to, then the answer is obviously no. I am not an Indonesian politician of any kind. I am a British citizen living in Indonesia. Perhaps you didn't realize. 😉
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Evading what? If you mean your question about whether I am one of the Indonesian politicians that I referred to, then the answer is obviously no. I am not an Indonesian politician of any kind. I am a British citizen living in Indonesia. Perhaps you didn't realize. 😉
    As an aside, did you marry an Indonesian and that is why you live there or is it your job took you there? I lived in Thailand for years because of job and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it! Lots of tales to tell about that.

Did you convert to Islam or do they tolerate other religions there? For instance, would you be treated fairly if you were avowed atheist? Or say, Anglican? We used to also live in Israel and one of my sons graduated from the Anglican International school in Jerusalem. We thoroughly enjoyed that job and life there also, 4 years there. We are folk musicians and there is a huge anglo folk community there and we fit in like hand in glove, played at the biggest folk festivals there, 3 times at Jacob's Ladder, the biggest folk fest in Israel. International life is incredible!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 00:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And millions of idiots want this sociopath to be president.
    Of course there are lots of Americans on both sides of the two party divide that are saying this about the other side's candidate.

I wonder how many Democratic party supporters would endure four years of Trump if it meant they'd then get 12 years of a Democratic Whitehouse.

And how many Republicans would endure four years of Clinton if it were definitely to be followed by three terms of a Republican president in office.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree