The seven stages of grief

The seven stages of grief

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
99d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This 'new buddy' thing is going to tarnish my brand.
Rusty is getting ideas above his station.
Next thing you know he will refuse to use the servants entrance.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
99d

@the-gravedigger said
Rusty is getting ideas above his station.
Next thing you know he will refuse to use the servants entrance.
I haven't used the Servants entrance yet, as I would just as soon avoid bumping into and knocking you over, then having to help you back up on your feet. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
99d

@torunn said
Maybe he meant his image?
Then perhaps he would have been better not to have allowed me in his "Elite Club" any of you could have vetoed me out at anytime including t-g.

-VR

Moves
99d

@congruent said
Fo real? You dunno why "Jackass" would be suitable? How have you been conducting yourself on the forum recently?

Synonyms of "Jackass"
: DONKEY
especially : a male donkey
: a stupid, annoying, or detestable person
I recall reading a story about the jackass. After racking my memory, I have brought it to the forefront. But it's more than just a story; it's an Ode.

An Ode to the Desert Jackass.
Move over, dog; man had a different best friend in the 19th century.

Reno and Sparks; the sage and the pine; picons and more picons—Nevada has indeed churned out the most inseparable of dynamic duos. Both in legend and reality, however, indisputably no more inseparable pair exists than the desert silver miner of the 19th century and his oft-plodding desert jackass. Yea, the dopey donkey may have at times been scrutinized by nonbelievers for its seemingly inferior mental aptitudes, but next to the pickaxe and pan, this venerable beast was one of the most sharpened and indispensable tools in the miner’s repertoire. Across the high and low ore fields of Nevada’s frontier, the unmistakable harsh hee-haw bray of these desert dwellers must have been music to the pioneer’s ears, for whether it was silver or water he sought, the mining man’s best friend blazed trails at a near-snail’s pace, though they always led to riches.......

In the Spring 1967 issue of Nevada Magazine, author Anthony Amaral pondered:

“The straying burro, capricious and even clairvoyant according to some prospectors, was highly cussed by burro-men who had to search far and wide when their burros took leave of camp. Still any old mining manual advised that the burro was best for desert prospecting.

But prospectors didn’t read mining manuals. These were considered just a lot of foofaraw. If you were to ask why they chose the burro instead of a mule or horse, one answer might be that the burro ‘smells the ore in rock.’”

The desert jackass—much like its modern political counterparts—is also world-renowned for its stubbornness. This stubbornness, coupled with the animal’s tendency to wander off, has led to some of the most famous fables in Nevada history......

There is more interesting stuff, and it's available here.

https://nevadamagazine.com/issue/winter-2021/16155/

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
99d

@very-rusty said
I haven't used the Servants entrance yet, as I would just as soon avoid bumping into and knocking you over, then having to help you back up on your feet. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR
If you are hungry and go to the back door you will get a bowl of soup. If you go to the front door ghost will set the dogs on you.

F

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
Actually, we are still waiting for you to speak on the matter. Do you know why the 'doctor' started this thread? Is he feeling grief, or has he raised the topic just as an opportunity to nip at everyone and everything said?
Is there something I posted about grief that you didn't like?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
99d
1 edit

@the-gravedigger said
If you are hungry and go to the back door you will get a bowl of soup. If you go to the front door ghost will set the dogs on you.
I will assume this is talking from personal experience t-g? πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
99d

@fmf said
I am guessing it may have something to do with your persona! Just a wild guess on my part. πŸ™‚

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
99d
1 edit

@very-rusty said
I will assume this is talking from personal experience t-g? πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR
Yes, I keep a pack of hounds for just such purposes.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
99d

@the-gravedigger said
Yes, I keep a pack of hounds for such purposes.
That is an odd thing to do, knowing they will attack you if you use the wrong door. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR

Moves
99d

@fmf said
Can't you read? Is there something in my quotation that insinuates liking or not liking? It was all about questions on motive and intent for initiating this thread on grief. Just questions, which you seem to not want to address. I have not read past your questioning my likes and dislikes, just in case you have addressed them.

Moves
99d

@the-gravedigger said
We all know Ghost is a cat lover, and has only a couple of pussies, but no dogs to set on anyone. Who knows, he may still have a tiger at his gate.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
Can't you read? Is there something in my quotation that insinuates liking or not liking? It was all about questions on motive and intent for initiating this thread on grief. Just questions, which you seem to not want to address. I have not read past your questioning my likes and dislikes, just in case you have addressed them.
I suspect FMF is just wondering why you seem to be in a constant state of being dreary and slightly pissed-off.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
99d
1 edit

@divegeester said
I suspect FMF is just wondering why you seem to be in a constant state of being dreary and slightly pissed-off.
Perhaps just trying to mimic him? πŸ™‚

Just a guess on my part of course.

-VR

F

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
If you have no real interest in the topic, so be it.