The vast history of RHP contributors

The vast history of RHP contributors

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Jul 20
1 edit

I was looking through the various clubs and clans, and it got me thinking back over the years of all the forum contributors who have graced these boards and how the tone of the forums has ebbed and flowed in that time. The mood took hold of me and I began trawling through a few of the lists of names of bygone chess players and forum combatants. Like tombstones their profiles stood to attention, demanding mine.

I clicked through the memberships stopping briefly to explore a particular members and I was struck by the personal profile messages, how they spoke of a moment in that persons life, their existence as it brushed casual shoulders with the RHP portal.

Pausing occasionally I became cognisant of my own online mortality: the day shall come when I will make my last move, post my last comment and alert my last duchess64 post. A sadness enveloped my soul and I sighed deeply and thought to myself: fuk this for laugh, and fuk them, losers.

Thoughts?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
08 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I was looking through the various clubs and clans, and it got me thinking back over the years of all the forum contributors who have graced these boards and how the tone of the forums has ebbed and flowed in that time. The mood took hold of me and I began trawling through a few of the lists of names of bygone chess players and forum combatants. Like tombstones their profi ...[text shortened]... l and I sighed deeply and thought to myself: fuk this for laugh, and fuk them, losers.

Thoughts?
gonna buy you a pizza and a pint
and listen

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
08 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I was looking through the various clubs and clans, and it got me thinking back over the years of all the forum contributors who have graced these boards and how the tone of the forums has ebbed and flowed in that time. The mood took hold of me and I began trawling through a few of the lists of names of bygone chess players and forum combatants. Like tombstones their profi ...[text shortened]... l and I sighed deeply and thought to myself: fuk this for laugh, and fuk them, losers.

Thoughts?
since I will never know when my last post will be I always try to make it friendly and nice

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jul 20

@divegeester said

Thoughts?
Dive,
I think everyone will look at people in a different light not really having known them at all. In all my time here I've only talked to one person on the phone that is going on 14 years. Still don't know what the guy is really like but seemed like a nice enough guy in my Phone conversation with him.

HoH once told me when we were bantering back in forth back in 2006 that I took things too seriously and he was dead on with that statement. I did take every little thing to heart. He told me have fun with it play around it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks as they don't know the REAL you anyways.

As you and everyone else know that is what I do. I figure I'll be remembered as the trouble maker by many. Does it really matter? I say no not really as no one really know me personally or what I do out in the real world or how I am accepted in my community. All they know is the persona they see on here.

Some will remember me as the person who spoke his mind and didn't really care what anyone thought. Everyone will have their own personal thoughts about me and what they thought. Lets take GB who was far smarter than I am. Everyone looked at him in a different way. I don't know if anyone knew the real person!

At the end of the day I think the question is. Does it matter to YOU personally what people think of you? I will remember you as someone who spoke his mind, we didn't see eye on many things. In the end I will not think badly of you providing I don't go before you do.

Ok, I got a bit long winded there! I think we should just have fun with the forums. We name call and fight too much, I am as guilty or more so than most, but mostly do it just to stir the pot and get things lively or I try without always succeeding in my efforts.

-VR

Moves
08 Jul 20

Never was a fan of history...now the future, that’s a different story altogether.πŸ€”

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
08 Jul 20

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
08 Jul 20

The post that was quoted here has been removed
what happened to your last avatar?

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
08 Jul 20

mlb62

Moves
08 Jul 20

Dive..even in your grave, you'll be a "stand up" guy...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Jul 20

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jul 20
1 edit

@mister-moggy
I play 1 minute exclusively on Lichess on my cell. No ads and free. I rarely get over 1500 at one minute games though, I get to where one move away I can mate but then clock runs outπŸ™‚
I still get in a lot of mates though. At 1500 in one minute those creeps seem to know what they are doingπŸ™‚
The only thing I don't like about is mostly the lack of responses when I try a chat.
But in one minute time control you can't take time out to send chats.....

Gothenburg

Moves
09 Jul 20

@great-big-stees said
Never was a fan of history...now the future, that’s a different story altogether.πŸ€”
As long as we remember our own history... πŸ™‚

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Jul 20

@torunn said
I agree we don't have to be history fans but always good to look at the past. See what has happened with other posters and how perhaps in the future we can make things a little better.

-VR

mlb62

Moves
09 Jul 20

@torunn said
History is written by the victors....

Gothenburg

Moves
09 Jul 20

@ogb said
History is written by the victors....
I think I had in mind our personal history. As long as we remember what we did and why, we can look forward to a better future. πŸ™‚