1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 23:23
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    A post which on the surface is a civil thank-you, but the sting "you've decided ..." is a direct statement that divegeester is a problem. Then there's the suggestion that the poster is organising a solution project and divegeester has joined that project.

I didn't read a civil thank-you. I read a combination of self-aggrandisement and attack on another po ...[text shortened]... Forum is not a place for anyone to claim the moral high ground. We're all in the soup together.
    Well said. Although I'd say it's a chowder we are in and not a soup.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thanks for being "perfectly honest" which means you've decided to become part of the solution rather than the problem. ~GB
    But I'm not seeing a problem, nor by the looks of things is anyone else. The "problem" is in your head. ~ dg
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 23:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The "problem" is in your head
    Is that verbatim from Bob's shrink? 🙂
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 23:31
    I got it, thanks VR. 🙂

Actually it was "boring" I meant. I'm not feeling bored at all, I'm feeling the urge to annoy people by boring them. 😀
    lol....ok...I stand corrected!!! 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 23:46
    A post which on the surface is a civil thank-you, but the sting "you've decided ..." is a direct statement that divegeester is a problem. Then there's the suggestion that the poster is organising a solution project and divegeester has joined that project.

I didn't read a civil thank-you. I read a combination of self-aggrandisement and attack on another po ...[text shortened]... Forum is not a place for anyone to claim the moral high ground. We're all in the soup together.
    Well said.
  6. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 23:59
    I like complete bollocks. It's entertaining. 😀
    yep it can be which is why i still dip into this forum to see what is going on even though i rarely post here
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:01
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    lol....ok...I stand corrected!!! 😉

-VR
    Shouldn't that be "I am standing corrected"? 😠
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:051 edit
    I didn't read a civil thank-you. I read a combination of self-aggrandisement and attack on another poster.
    NOTE TO THE FORUM'S CHRONOLOGIST #todo #priority

Please enter this definition in the annals of Red Hot Pawn, next to Blob's name,
    right after the psychiatrist's diagnose.

Pure Gold
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:06
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I'm sure someone might do some digging and come up with a kind of statistical (objective) bent on the thread's topic.
    OK, then. Wycombe Al posted twice on just this thread alone in the space of 56 minutes. That's 1 post every 28 minutes for that sampled period of time. And it doesn't factor in his posting on other threads. Use these statistics as you see fit.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Shouldn't that be "I am standing corrected"? 😠
    I've always said: "I stand corrected", when I happen to be wrong about something.

In this case though I was sitting when I typed it, so perhaps standing corrected would be wrong also. 😉

-VR
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:241 edit
    I've always said: "I stand corrected", when I happen to be wrong about something.
    Ah yes, but how often are you happening to be wrong about something? 😉
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:31

In this case though I was sitting when I typed it, so perhaps standing corrected would be wrong also. 😉

-VR
    We had a childhood saying in our family "I sit down corrected" because we were so rarely standing when we said it. Whenever I see or hear "I stand corrected" I automatically restate it in my head.

Anyone else have a similar mental process about a catchphrase?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 00:49
    Anyone else have a similar mental process about a catchphrase?
    We used to say "Get out of the light" if someone obstructed our view of the TV screen. Is that common or normal?
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    We used to say "Get out of the light" if someone obstructed our view of the TV screen. Is that common or normal?
    Our version of that was "you're not transparent". Hmmm, seems we made a habit of it.
  15. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:17
    We would say, you make a better door than a window.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree