1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:02
    OK this wasn't when I was a child but I did believe, like a child, that Trev33 would move waaaaay more often than he does.

😲
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:06
    @trev33 said
    That’s depressing.
    Ah, but she didn't say she stopped believing in them!
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:08
    @great-big-stees said
    I believed Tommy (last name left out in case of a law suit) when I was bitten by a neighbour's dog that I would die in 24 hours because Blacky (the dog) had rabies.

Note: I didn't.
    I don't like to say it but I suspect Blacky would no longer be around to sue him.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:19
    @petewxyz said
    I don't like to say it but I suspect Blacky would no longer be around to sue him.
    Sadly not but his owners are still fighting it (defamation) in the courts and hope for a final resolution soon. It has been a decades (almost 7) old suit.
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:33
    @wolfgang59 said
    I believed 1. a4 was the best way to get your rook into the game.
    I think you have to create the Childhood Remembered mandatory a4 opening tournament in which both players must make their rook the second piece that they move. I would enter.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:41
    @great-big-stees said
    I believed Tommy (last name left out in case of a law suit) when I was bitten by a neighbour's dog that I would die in 24 hours because Blacky (the dog) had rabies.

Note: I didn't.
    I believed a similar thing in India, the night before a 10 day trek in the Himalayas I was bitten by a dog, well I was feeding it at the restaurant we ate at and it grazed my finger after not releasing the food fast enough. Figured it looked healthy and forgot about it, the thought of getting sick while in the middle of no where was a scary thought however.
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:55
    @trev33 said
    I believed a similar thing in India, the night before a 10 day trek in the Himalayas I was bitten by a dog, well I was feeding it at the restaurant we ate at and it grazed my finger after not releasing the food fast enough. Figured it looked healthy and forgot about it, the thought of getting sick while in the middle of no where was a scary thought however.
    That's spooky, I once met a dog in Northern India that was terrified it had picked up germs from some guy's hand in a restaurant. Apparently it was on a tour funded by the proceeds of a recent law suit.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 12:57
    @petewxyz said
    That's spooky, I once met a dog in Northern India that was terrified it had picked up germs from some guy's hand in a restaurant. Apparently it was on a tour funded by the proceeds of a recent law suit.
    What were the chances eh?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 13:03
    @petewxyz said
    I hope you told it to stop being so cheap begging for food and use its money so it can eat off a plate at the next restaurant.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 13:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 13:48
    @trev33 said
    I hope you told it to stop being so cheap begging for food and use its money so it can eat off a plate at the next restaurant.
    Apparently it's funds were running low and it had been trying to set up another defamation suit. It had already sold a Canadian passport. I felt no sympathy that it had been left with a morbid fear of germs.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 15:21
    This is probably a common one...

When I was 6 my sister was brought home from the hospital by my parents and for a long time I believed that hospitals made babies.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 17:23
    @divegeester said
    This is probably a common one...

When I was 6 my sister was brought home from the hospital by my parents and for a long time I believed that hospitals made babies.
    You probably were created in a lab.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 20:25
    @trev33 said
    You probably were created in a lab.
    What makes you think that Trev?
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 23:25
    I believed that earwig insects really crawled into people’s ears and altered their brains. I was relieved to find out it wasn’t true...

then I saw Wrath of Khan...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree