1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You make it sound so fun.
    You've been a good teacher over the years, darv. Don't you wish more people would find the courage to be themselves? You know, be unique; be the individual that's you. How sad when some feel the need to be beholden to some other dominating presence or influence in their lives. Maybe the impersonality of the internet itself is the cause of the need to cower and hide.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 21:291 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Mikey say, "Balderdash. She's Hot! Whooo hooo." Me listens and says, "Hmm..."
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 22:561 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    You've been a good teacher over the years, darv. Don't you wish more people would find the courage to be themselves? You know, be unique; be the individual that's you. How sad when some feel the need to be beholden to some other dominating presence or influence in their lives. Maybe the impersonality of the internet itself is the cause of the need to cower and hide.
    No, I don't.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:02
    No, I don't.
    Why?
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:07
    Why?
    Because it's not important to me.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yeah I heard about that, apparently they were so annoyed that even Russ got involved and told everyone to stop being so childish but then everyone ganged up on Russ but you got between then and saved him and then Russ made you king and then you woke up.
    You're relating your own dream here, I was talking about what happened at a different game site. There are other game sites... Reveal Hidden Content
    in fact, there's a whole other world outside of (and having nothing to do with) the internet
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:17
    Why?
    They are being themselves whether we like it or not, and they are being themselves whether they know it or not.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:27

Because it's not important to me.
    "Don't you wish more people would find the courage to be themselves?"

No, I don't.

You're saying it's not important for other people to be themselves; or just you;
    or that all people should follow suit and be someone other than themselves?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:31
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    They are being themselves whether we like it or not, and they are being themselves whether they know it or not.
    If so, why is there so much cookie cutter sameness in points of view and style of expression online today?
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:35
    "Don't you wish more people would find the courage to be themselves?"

No, I don't.

You're saying it's not important for other people to be themselves; or just you;
    or that all people should follow suit and be someone other than themselves?
    Sure.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:54
    Sure.
    Sounds like a plan. Glad you're back. Once again things are cool....
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 23:55
    If so, why is there so much cookie cutter sameness in points of view and style of expression online today?
    For the same reason there is so much cookie cutter sameness in points of view and style of expression anywhere else. You can see this with kids on the playground and with many of our leaders in the nations capital. Mimicking attitudes and opinions they've seen expressed, and are believed to be majority attitudes and opinions. And these are often the same people claiming to be free thinkers who don't follow the crowd. It's something most peope understand but few see in themselves... "I want to be different, just like everyone else."
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    For the same reason there is so much cookie cutter sameness in points of view and style of expression anywhere else. You can see this with kids on the playground and with many of our leaders in the nations capital. Mimicking attitudes and opinions they've seen expressed, and are believed to be majority attitudes and opinions. And these are often th ...[text shortened]... peope understand but few see in themselves... "I want to be different, just like everyone else."
    "They are being themselves whether we like it or not, and they are being themselves whether they know it or not."

Sounds as if you're concluding that everyone's points of view and style of expression is essentially the same...
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 00:25
    Sounds like a plan. Glad you're back. Once again things are cool....
    Of course, I've been posting for a while and my presence has not mattered a lick since I arrived so your passive aggressive hostility is noted. In all seriousness, you'll forgive me if I have no interest in your brand of relaxed, casual conversation and more of a perverse penchant for watching you spin your wheels in this quagmire while I piss in the puddles.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 00:47
    Of course, I've been posting for a while and my presence has not mattered a lick since I arrived so your passive aggressive hostility is noted. In all seriousness, you'll forgive me if I have no interest in your brand of relaxed, casual conversation and more of a perverse penchant for watching you spin your wheels in this quagmire while I piss in the puddles.
    At least you're not a Drive By Poster; once you're in, you sustain your part of the conversation (even when its cynical).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree