Trumps wall

Trumps wall

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Jan 20

@trev33 said
Where there’s a wall there’s a tunnel.
Trumpty Dumpty’s Great Impenetrable Wall:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51304861

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51307868

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Jan 20

@divegeester said
Which is exactly my point, immigration from Mexico to the US is uncontrolled.
That depends on how one understands the words “controlled” and “uncontrolled.” If by “controlled” one understands “zero tolerance, no one ever gets through”, then even the Berlin Wall was “uncontrolled” since some people did manage to cross over to West Berlin.

Moves
30 Jan 20
1 edit

@moonbus said
That depends on how one understands the words “controlled” and “uncontrolled.” If by “controlled” one understands “zero tolerance, no one ever gets through”, then even the Berlin Wall was “uncontrolled” since some people did manage to cross over to West Berlin.
No it (the use of “uncontrolled” in my reply to your previous post) doesn’t depend on how one understands the word “controlled” and “zero tolerance” is a again a policy, and has nothing to do with whatever measures of control are in place or not in place. The border between Mexico and the US is, in effect, uncontrolled. Would you like to start this exchange again?

Here’s the premise, to help you; leaving aside Trump being an asswipe and his wall. Why is uncontrolled immigration, as in the apparent situation of the border between Mexico and the US, considered a good idea? Why is controlling the border considered bad, evil even?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
30 Jan 20

@kewpie said
I thought that was supposed to be for sending drugs to the Americanos who think they're manna from heaven ...
Correct-o mundo, Kewpie. and "was" is the operative word.

Almost one mile long. Wow. Must be lots of money in drugs

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
30 Jan 20

@divegeester said
No it (the use of “uncontrolled” in my reply to your previous post) doesn’t depend on how one understands the word “controlled” and “zero tolerance” is a again a policy, and has nothing to do with whatever measures of control are in place or not in place. The border between Mexico and the US is, in effect, uncontrolled. Would you like to start this exchange again?

Here ...[text shortened]... Mexico and the US, considered a good idea? Why is controlling the border considered bad, evil even?
It's controlled, just not totally controlled.

Any American that wants drugs can get them. Should we just throw in the towel? I've had it out Royally with my brother and sister Libertarians on this issue.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
31 Jan 20
1 edit

Trump's wall is impressive. It's shown that it can definitely withstand relentless mild breezes, sometimes.

Moves
01 Feb 20

@coquette said
Trump's wall is impressive. It's shown that it can definitely withstand relentless mild breezes, sometimes.
*LOL* Ya I saw that and it even seemed to have gaps in it or at least gave the illusion that it did.

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Feb 20

@divegeester said

Here ...[text shortened]... Mexico and the US, considered a good idea? Why is controlling the border considered bad, evil even?
I am glad we clarified what "controlled" and "uncontrolled" mean for the purposes of this thread.

I am not interested in engaging in a discussion of the premise as you defined it (uncontrolled immigration "in effect" ), since neither your nor I support uncontrolled immigration "in effect." Maybe you can find someone who actually supports the premise to discuss it with.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Feb 20

I believe everyone is forgetting the thousands of miles of unprotected boarder between Canada and U.S.A...All they have to do is get what ever they are moving into Canada, from there you have a lot of unprotected boarder into the U.S.A.....I believe I've mentioned this before, don't know if anyone commented on that or not.

-VR

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Feb 20

@coquette said
I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that Mexico has built many cancer causing windmills to blow the wall down .

Moves
01 Feb 20

@moonbus said
Maybe you can find someone who actually supports the premise to discuss it with.
You came to me.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Feb 20

@badradger
Except for the part that one tenth of a percent of the total drug trade comes in via the wall and across desert.
The big bang of shipments come in at SEAPORTS, something that Trump would be LOATH to admit because that would strip one of his arguments for his stupid wall, WE NEED TO STOP ALL THOSE DRUGS COMING INTO THE US, SO WE NEED THE WALL. Which is total bullshyte.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Feb 20

@caissad4

Don't need no stinking windmill, we just get a 100 dollar Sawzall at Home Depot in Tijuana. TEAR DOWN THAT WALL (with a little help from Home Depot)

Moves
01 Feb 20
1 edit

Who is making millions with that crappy wall eh?
I have built drunken snow fortresses that are stronger!

Moves
02 Feb 20

@old-indian said
Who is making millions with that crappy wall eh?
I have built drunken snow fortresses that are stronger!
I heard that the Mexican government has put out an APB for Joshua to come help with the wall, after all he has experience with walls right? 🤔