1. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 13:15
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Whats this [b]wikipedia everyone goes on about?

Is it another chess site?
    Is it free to play?
    Is it any good?[/b]
    Are you living in a cave or what? Follow the link at the first post and add something to the RHP entry. Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoramus which describe your state of affairs.
  2. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 14:34
    Originally posted by jsmith
    Are you living in a cave or what? Follow the link at the first post and add something to the RHP entry. Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoramus which describe your state of affairs.
    Is there some reason you couldn't have answered his question without being insulting? Why not just give him the information?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 14:57
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Is there some reason you couldn't have answered his question without being insulting? Why not just give him the information?
    C'mon, is there anyone on the planet (at least a little bit internet-savvy) who does not know what Wikipedia is? I mean anyone who cannot type Wikipedia into a search engine?

I submit that adramforall was doing what he does best: trolling.

And jsmith took the bait.

Which is more stupid? Good question.
  4. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 15:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    C'mon, is there anyone on the planet (at least a little bit internet-savvy) who does not know what Wikipedia is? I mean anyone who cannot type Wikipedia into a search engine?

If I hadn't been on the bookcrossing site before I came here, I never would have known what it was. I learned about it by being in a forum in which it was discussed, even though I had been on the internet for years. But whatever. You probably know him better than I do.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 15:11
    Originally posted by jsmith
    Sometimes I do live in a cave, so what. Its a change from living in a brick box.

I presume with you cutting remark that you are an expert on everything, or does the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoramus also describe your state of affairs on many things.

Never assume that because you have heard of something that everyone else has as well. If that was the case there would be no need for the site in question as everyone would already know everything.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 15:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Obviously there are. Not everyone has heard of everything and the internet is quite a large complex organism.

Should I have to google everything I have never heard of previously? I may be googling quite a lot then, even with the intellectual ability I have.

Why do you think I am trolling whenever I ask a simple question? OMG this will probably be considered trolling, maybe I should retract the question.

I think you may be a bit of an Archaeopteryx - you can always google
    it if you don't know of the top of you head what the word refers to.

🙂
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 15:44
    I'd say I found Wikipedia about 10 months or so back. Now it is the first place I check when my topic comes up in a search from Google or Yahoo.

Not saying everything on Wiki is true... but it's a nice place that is updated by people who know, and they are able to keep it fairly real and free of bogus info.

P-
  8. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 16:00
    I have an account, I can edit it if I wanted; what do you want?
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 16:47
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Not saying everything on Wiki is true... but it's a nice place that is updated by people who know, and they are able to keep it fairly real and free of bogus info.

P-
    Would that it were true. Most of the editing I do at Wiki is cleaning up edits by those who clearly did not know. But who is to say that I do? Wiki is the great democratic free-for-all (sort of like the RHP forums, and we know the knowledge level of the average poster here).
  10. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 17:14
    I added a little bit about the new vacation system to be implemented, what do you think about it?
  11. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    I added a little bit about the new vacation system to be implemented, what do you think about it?
    Thats cool. If people all chipped in, it would be great.

If the guy who says he has never heard of Wikipedia is for real, when you search for most things google returns a result from Wikipedia. I was about to install something from the internet when the talk page revealed that people were experiencing problems with spyware, unless I got the program from the official source.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 19:29
    Are you going to re-edit it when the horrible new vacation system is abolished.
  13. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 19:38
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Are you going to re-edit it when the horrible new vacation system is abolished.
    I'll try to keep it up to date. 😉
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 19:49
    I'll try to keep it up to date. 😉
    Good on yer - well done. 😉
  15. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 20:00
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Betting is currently split on whether he will be the next 3(a) or the next 3(c)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree