1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 15:267 edits
    I have a CD I created (my own music, good or bad) and I tried to put each track on my comp as individual wav files but hit properties, the CD comes up with 0 bytes.

The weird part is I can play the files in win media player but have to hit 'play all' button and if I copy and place on desktop it comes out the same way, not a wav file.

Pretty sure I recorded the CD as all wav files but something is wrong, don't know what.

If I copy and paste to desktop, it just says 'track 1, track 2' and so forth with file size of 44 bytes and 'size on disc' of 4 K. I used win media to rip the cd to the library.

When I just load the CD into the player and hit properties, it says 'used space' 0 and free space 0
    Tried rename but no help.
    I can copy the CD to another CD but of course with the same result.

Anyone help?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 16:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Anyone help?
    Get an MP3-player, gramps.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 16:39
    In Windows media player, use the "Rip" option, but set the file format to lossless WAV first. (In RIP Options)
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 05:05
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Gee, I NEVER would have thought of that. You always give out such special help? I am not trying to READ the files, Win media does that fine. I am trying to get the thing to transfer from CD file to Wav file which it isn't doing right now.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 05:17
    Originally posted by Russ
    In Windows media player, use the "Rip" option, but set the file format to lossless WAV first. (In RIP Options)
    Funny, now I can't even find rip in windows media. Much less rip options. Maybe I can just do a search.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 10:40
    Funny, now I can't even find rip in windows media. Much less rip options. Maybe I can just do a search.
    Try hitting the "alt" key when media player is running to bring up the menus.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 10:42
    Russ commented twice in this topic. Sonhouse must me a moderator.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 11:37
    This brings up my first question.

Why .WAV, sonhouse? I thought that went out with SoundBlaster™ cards.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 12:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This brings up my first question.

Why .WAV, sonhouse? I thought that went out with SoundBlaster™ cards.
    You can't burn a decent audio CD from mp3's, not even @ 320 kbps. A wav file is 4x bigger (and it's better) than an mp3. People interested in audio fidelity should always work with wav and only convert to mp3 as a last resort or to listen to it on certain devices.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 12:57
    I have a CD I created (my own music, good or bad) and I tried to put each track on my comp as individual wav files but hit properties, the CD comes up with 0 bytes.

The weird part is I can play the files in win media player but have to hit 'play all' button and if I copy and place on desktop it comes out the same way, not a wav file.

Pretty sure I r ...[text shortened]... t no help.
    I can copy the CD to another CD but of course with the same result.

Anyone help?
    Why are you using outdated software like microsoft windows? get rid of it and get a Linux dist. Do it! do it now!
  11. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 13:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Why are you using outdated software like microsoft windows? get rid of it and get a Linux dist. Do it! do it now!
    Why are you using outdated software like JW.org?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 13:541 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Why are you using outdated software like JW.org?
    that doesn't even make sense, jw.org is not software 🙄 are you struggling for ways to vilify robbie duffo bonker?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 13:57
    Gee, I NEVER would have thought of that. You always give out such special help? I am not trying to READ the files, Win media does that fine. I am trying to get the thing to transfer from CD file to Wav file which it isn't doing right now.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I glanced over your post and thought you were trying to do that "burn-your-own-CD" thing that was totally hip and kewl back in 1998.

Still, get an MP3-player, gramps.

Or a FLAC-player, if you're one of those hipsters who likes to pretend he can hear a difference between .WAV and 320 kbps.

Personally, I hook up my Ipod to my home-stereo or car-stereo and listen to delicious 192 kbps or 320 kbps. And my ears are still young, because I'm not a gramps, yet.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 14:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It's a regular infestation of hipsters in this thread. You also like to wear a fedora?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 14:011 edit
    Oh, I'm sorry, I glanced over your post and thought you were trying to do that "burn-your-own-CD" thing that was totally hip and kewl back in 1998.

Still, get an MP3-player, gramps.

Or a FLAC-player, if you're one of those hipsters who likes to pretend he can hear a difference between .WAV and 320 kbps.

Personally, I hook up my Ipod to my hom ...[text shortened]... n to delicious 192 kbps or 320 kbps. And my ears are still young, because I'm not a gramps, yet.
    you can tell the difference between 128kbps and 192kbps

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree