1. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 07:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Boy, you need to learn about smiley faces๐Ÿ™‚
    Yes, I dislike emoticons. They have no meaning and just make it difficult to interpret the mood of a sentence.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 11:30
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Yes, I dislike emoticons. They have no meaning and just make it difficult to interpret the mood of a sentence.
    What?๐Ÿ™„
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by ale1552
    I have been teaching piano and organ for the greater part of my life. I prefer classical for the piano. On the pipe organ I prefer Bach. (which is Baroque). But since I have played for church since I was 11 years old, I mostly play gospel hymns. I actually wanted to be an artist! I majored in art from Jr. High through college. Figure drawing and portrait painting was my forte.
    Do you still do art? I just read a report that musicians are more apt to keep their marbles into old age. I'll see if I can find the link.

Here it is:

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-09-picking-up-mistakes.html
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 22:581 edit
    Ignorant boob. Of course they have meaning! Do you walk around with a permanent poker face?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 23:24
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Ignorant boob. Of course they have meaning! Do you walk around with a permanent poker face?
    Lets get back on track. Who plays what instrument?
  6. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 23:321 edit
    Take it to cultural, spanky!

I play the clapper to turn the lights out with ease, sometimes she just isn't pretty enough but too quick on the draw for me to make it to the light switch.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 07:02
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Take it to cultural, spanky!

I play the clapper to turn the lights out with ease, sometimes she just isn't pretty enough but too quick on the draw for me to make it to the light switch.
    So, another troll. Great.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 08:40
    Do you still do art? I just read a report that musicians are more apt to keep their marbles into old age. I'll see if I can find the link.

Here it is:

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-09-picking-up-mistakes.html
    My doctor, an Internist/General Medical Care, said that painting has always been regarded as excellent therapy for anyone recovering from a serious medical condition. Last quarterly visit early July, Nicole asked if I would loan her a few of mine for the suite of offices. Hesitated. She insisted. Took three over the next day; hope they're still there next visit. lol
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 08:44
    Took weekly Trumpet Lessons from an elderly Swedish Musician/Retired
    Professor, Mr. Womberg, for the four years before high school.
  10. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 09:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If the trumpet is not played well, it sounds like a fart.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 10:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    You stop playing when you got to HS? BTW, can you send me an image of one of your paintings? That is something I am terrible at. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler without making a bump from my thumb๐Ÿ™‚
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 11:251 edit
    You stop playing when you got to HS? BTW, can you send me an image of one of your paintings? That is something I am terrible at. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler without making a bump from my thumb๐Ÿ™‚
    Well at least yours may look like a frog sitting on a log mine, even with a ruler, looks like a gently undulating seascape.
    You mentioned a daughter going to Berklee. One of my 1st wives uncles was/is Joe Hunt.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 17:42
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Well at least yours may look like a frog sitting on a log mine, even with a ruler, looks like a gently undulating seascape.
    You mentioned a daughter going to Berklee. One of my 1st wives uncles was/is Joe Hunt.
    I remember him, I was there when Heather got her degree, and met him in passing. Her degree was handed to her by Bonnie Raitt, who was getting an honorary degree from Berklee.

Berklee is a great school no doubt.

For me, being heavily into folk music and traditional Irish and American and UK tunes, my favorite place is Appalachian State University in Boone NC. My wife and I did a gig there a couple times and I fell in love with the place. I was sorry I was just an itinerant folkie doing a couple of pro gigs, I would have much rather been a student there.

We met Jean Ritchie, Doc Watson, Gaither Carlton and a bunch more there.

That was awesome.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 18:27
    I play a bit, jammed with some awesome people, made a few bucks. ๐Ÿ˜•
    I studied music, did a double major for a while, went ahead with music. I'd love to go back and finish, but my nerve damage has severely limited my play the past 10 years. I still write a bit. ๐Ÿ™‚
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 19:41
    If the trumpet is not played well, it sounds like a fart.
    Sometimes my farts sound like a trumpet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree