1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 19:51
    Where do you draw the line...?

Thumbing down a detractors post...?
    Telling some one what you think of their opinions...?
    Sending them a PM telling them privately what you think of them and their opinions...?
    Starting threads about "them" but not mentioning "them" by name...?
    Being upfront and honest about what you think of this person...?
    Posting passive-agressive jabs while keeping your personal "hate powder" visibly dry to your admirers...?

What is hate?
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 19:55
    Nothing on RHP is hate.

True hate is massacring his/her entire family and then
    showing him/her the pics while sipping Earl Gray tea
    and listening to Burt Bacharach.

With a grin.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 20:07
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Nothing on RHP is hate.

True hate is massacring his/her entire family and then
    showing him/her the pics while sipping Earl Gray tea
    and listening to Burt Bacharach.

With a grin.
    That description sounds a lot more like madness, especially the Burt Bacharach part.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 20:25
    Originally posted by divegeester

Sending them a PM telling them privately what you think of them and their opinions...?
    Postin ...[text shortened]... jabs while keeping your personal "hate powder" visibly dry to your admirers...?

What is hate?
    Being consumed by hate is bad for the hater, too. Maybe worse than for the hated.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 20:36
    Originally posted by JS357
    Being consumed by hate is bad for the hater, too. Maybe worse than for the hated.
    Any emotion, taken too far, can have adverse effects.
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 21:16

Postin ...[text shortened]... jabs while keeping your personal "hate powder" visibly dry to your admirers...?

What is hate?
    why in the heck do you hate me so,
    all i ever did was step on yer toes...
    and you DO have a wart on yer nose,
    that grows and grows and grows...
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 00:20

What is hate?
    At RHP, "hate", "hatred", "hateful" and "hater" are words usually brandished in order to taint the posters they are hurled at, to misrepresent the motivation of those posters, to sidestep an inconvenient point that has been made, to deflect criticism or disagreement, or to try to close down or bail out of a conversation.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 00:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    At RHP, "hate", "hatred", "hateful" and "hater" are words usually brandished in order to taint the posters they are hurled at, to misrepresent the motivation of those posters, to sidestep an inconvenient point that has been made, to deflect criticism or disagreement, or to try to close down or bail out of a conversation.
    How ridiculous.

These are all your motivations and tactics exactly. You trot them out as examples of what other people do, but this is your MO exactly.

You just don't have the guts to put the label "hate" on them. You'd much rather create lies that you dress up as truth, but the end results are the exact same as what you wrote here.

Tainting other posters, misrepresenting their motivations, sidestepping inconvenient points, deflecting criticism, and trying to close down or attempting others to respond to your nonsense and hijack threads... this is all you, exactly. But you boldly come here to say "other people" do these things to shift attention from you to cover up your own forum sins. It's starting to wear pretty thin.

I'd call it a "confession" but you don't have the guts to own up to anything unkind that you post. It's always "someone else's" fault.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 01:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Tainting other posters, misrepresenting their motivations, sidestepping inconvenient points, deflecting criticism, and trying to close down or attempting others to respond to your nonsense and hijack threads... this is all you, exactly.

You are free to claim I do these things, of course. But you are missing the point. I don't accuse people of "hating" etc. in order to express my disagreement with them. If people feel tainted or misrepresented or that their points are sidestepped, it is the upshot of debate and disagreement. But I do not use willy-nilly accusations of "hate" or "hatred" to poison the well or "close down" threads.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 01:13
    You just don't have the guts to put the label "hate" on them. You'd much rather create lies that you dress up as truth, but the end results are the exact same as what you wrote here.
    I don't "hate" anyone on any of the RHP forums. It is you who is suggesting that I do.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 01:262 edits
    The New York Times Magazine for this week says we classify those who oppose us as haters and say "Haters gonna hate" to assuage our own egos. It allows us to dismiss the criticism, which might to some degree be valid. But the online disinhibition effect means that the criticisms we receive in these forums is probably more strongly stated than it would be face to face, and the effect is to make us defensive. It's understandable, if a little destructive.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 01:561 edit
    I'd call it a "confession" but you don't have the guts to own up to anything unkind that you post. It's always "someone else's" fault.
    Don't be silly. All my posts are always entirely "my fault", so to speak - and not "someone else's". Whatever content there is ~ whether it be perceived as 'unkind"' or 'kind' or 'opinionated' or 'nonsense' ~ is all there in plain sight for anyone and everyone to read in the full knowledge of who the author is ... so I don't need to "own up to it".
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 02:27

What is hate?
    What is "hate"?

An aberration which occurs when self justification replaces acceptance
    of authority and/or when raw emotion replaces rational thought.
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 02:35
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    What is "hate"?

An aberration which occurs when self justification replaces acceptance
    of authority and/or when raw emotion replaces rational thought.
    disagree with yer word, "aberration"...
    all humans, the dalia lama, even mother teresa, have felt hate at one point or another in their life...

this makes it, universal, not an aberration...
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 03:12
    Anyone who can truly hate another poster is very sad.
    Such a strong emotion to base on internet chat.

Could you fall in love with another poster? 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree