What is

What is "hate"?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Apr 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Anyone who can truly hate another poster is very sad.
Such a strong emotion to base on internet chat.

Could you fall in love with another poster? 🙄
On another site i played on, 2 forum regulars not only fell in love, they got married. 🙂

Not sure i've identified any love matches here though.

F

Moves
07 Apr 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Anyone who can truly hate another poster is very sad.
Such a strong emotion to base on internet chat.
But it's not clear that anyone actually does "hate" anyone else here amidst all this "internet chat".

All we've got is people like robbie carrobie and Suzianne who sometimes accuse others of "hating"; I don't see there's much credible evidence of anyone genuinely "hating" a fellow poster, unless I've missed something?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Apr 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Footnote: Rejection of parental authority by children, educational authority by students, a coach's authority by team members, a superior's workplace authority by subordinates, Russ' authority by RHP Members eventuates in arrogance.
Footnote 2: Arrogance views reality through an occluded lens of subjectivity while vainly attempting to revise the paradigms of reality. There are only two options when facing hard facts about the external world or the interior world within your own self conscious being: a) Accept them with gratitude; or b) Take evasive action by retreating into some blanket fort of denial.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
07 Apr 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
On another site i played on, 2 forum regulars not only fell in love, they got married. 🙂

Not sure i've identified any love matches here though.
Is that what happened to Crowley and Phlabbabit? 😀

-m.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Apr 15

Originally posted by mikelom
Is that what happened to Crowley and Phlabbabit? 😀

-m.
On your game today, Mike. lol

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Apr 15
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Where do you draw the line...?

Thumbing down a detractors post...?
Telling some one what you think of their opinions...?
Sending them a PM telling them privately what you think of them and their opinions...?
Starting threads about "them" but not mentioning "them" by name...?
Being upfront and honest about what you think of this person...?
Posting p ...[text shortened]... ive jabs while keeping your personal "hate powder" visibly dry to your admirers...?

What is hate?
What is "hate"?

Where do you draw the line...?

Thumbing down a detractors post...?

"Thumbing down" any forum post hardly qualifies as "hate" imo. At most it represents a muted nonverbal vanilla version of dislike. Few if any posters are timid and/or cowardly enough to withhold the expression of their disapproval in cyberspace ink. Those who takes them seriously may have issues with self esteem. Why not respond with a compassionate smile?

Moves
07 Apr 15

Without acceptance of authority there's no teachability; without teachability there's no learning; without learning there's no growth; without growth there's no maturity: steady diets of self justification result in self deception and immaturity. Without rational thought there's no objectivity; without objectivity the decision proce ...[text shortened]... grity: steady diets of raw emotion result in irrational hatred. Life's too short to hate.
Can I ask where you got this from. You haven't referenced it, so should we presume the statement is from your own creativity?

Moves
07 Apr 15

Footnote: Rejection of parental authority by children, educational authority by students, a coach's authority by team members, a superior's workplace authority by subordinates, Russ' authority by RHP Members eventuates in arrogance.
I'm sure that Russ realises that we subscribers are his customers and that in any commercial transaction the customer is always the ultimate authority.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
07 Apr 15

I'm sure that Russ realises that we subscribers are his customers and that in any commercial transaction the customer is usually the ultimate authority.
fixed...

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
07 Apr 15

Has everybody gone retardo mondo?

Moves
07 Apr 15

Originally posted by rookie54
fixed...
Always!

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
07 Apr 15

Always!
usually!!! 😠

Moves
07 Apr 15

Originally posted by rookie54
usually!!! 😠
Damn it man don't make me hurt you...

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
07 Apr 15

Damn it man don't make me hurt you...
sigh...

since it's yer birthday...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Apr 15
1 edit

Can I ask where you got this from. You haven't referenced it, so should we presume the statement is from your own creativity?
My own words; otherwise there would have been a specific and an appropriate attribution.