1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 13:231 edit
    Part 2 of Core Values:

a) Please review the list below and once you've chosen the "the five or six core values ranked in order of most importance to you" jot them down on a notepad and set it aside. b) Then as opportunity permits, ask your spouse, significant other or the person you're seriously dating now to read this list privately and to follow the same procedure without your knowledge of the Core Values selected. c) Finally, pour two glasses of wine or your favorite beverage and then compare the two lists you've made, keeping in mind that the number one ranked most important Core Value generally determines all of the Core Values and life choices we make. d) This information is strictly your business and for your own mutual benefit. Any further posts to this topic segment of the thread are optional. As a retired widower who is not currently dating, I may post the choices my wife and I shared before and during our marriage a few days from now. My thanks to FMF for his thoughtful contribution.
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 3)
    "Here are thirty eight alphabetically sequenced core values. Please join in the brainstorming to complete the list;
    and then privately choose the five or six core values ranked in order of most importance to you. (Part 1 of 2)

1. Acceptance; 2. Accomplishment; 3. Accountability; 4. Cheerfulness; 5. Comfort; 6. Courage; 7. Creativity

8. Decisiveness; 9. Devotion; 10. Diligence; 11. Empathy; 12. Fairness; 13. Fame; 14. Flexibility; 15. Forgiveness

16. Freedom; 17. Happiness; 18. Honesty; 19. Honor; 20. Hygiene; 21. Intelligence; 22. Integrity; 23. Intimacy;

24. Kindness; 25. Literacy; 26. Love; 27. Meaning; 28. Passion; 29. Patience; 30. Peace; 31. Perseverance;

32. Rapport; 33. Recognition; 34. Security; 35. Spirituality; 36. Thrift; 37. Tranquility; 38. Wisdom;

Note: Just thought of three more: Generosity; Loyalty; Trust; 61./ Resourcefulness; 62. Resilience; 63. Veracity;

64. Partnership; 65. Emotional Maturity; 66. Compassion; 67. Patriotism.

Here are thirty eight alphabetically sequenced core values. Please join in the brainstorming to complete the list;
    and then privately choose the five or six core values ranked in order of most importance to you. (Part 1 of 2)"

Note: (Part 2 of 2) begins next Wednesday [April 15, 2015]"

Originally posted by FMF
    "42. Problem-solving/Creativity; 43. Teamwork skills; 44. Diversity sensitivity; 45. Planning and organizing;

46. Ticklishness; 47. Leadership and management; 48. Adaptability and flexibility; 49. Professionalism and work ethic;

50. Positive attitude and energy; 51. Cross-cultural expertise; 52. Accuracy; 53. Competence; 54. Efficiency;

55. Goal orientation; 56. Musicianship; 57. Imagination; 58. Innovation; 59. Punctuality; 60. Meticulousness;

68. Less than dysfunctional; An element of the following needs to be present: 69. agility; 70. ardour;

71. boisterousness; 72. candour; 73. craftiness; 74. excitability; 75. immodesty; 76. impetuosity; 77. irascibility;

78. jocularity; 79. outspokenness; 80. provocativeness; 81. spiritedness; 82. versatility."
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 13:32
    Our top six were Integrity and Loyalty, Partnership and Spirituality, Courage and Rapport. I miss her still....
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 13:371 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    love is walking down the beach at Saltburn sharing a bag of chips.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 16:11
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Part 2 of Core Values:

"a) Please review the list below and once you've chosen the "the five or six core values ranked in order of most importance to you" jot them down on a notepad and set it aside. b) Then as opportunity permits, ask your spouse, significant other or the person you're seriously dating now to read this list privately and to follow the same procedure without your knowledge of the Core Values selected. c) Finally, pour two glasses of wine or your favorite beverage and then compare the two lists you've made, keeping in mind that the number one ranked most important Core Value generally determines all of the Core Values and life choices we make. d) This information is strictly your business and for your own mutual benefit. Any further posts to this topic segment of the thread are optional. As a retired widower who is not currently dating, I may post the choices my wife and I shared before and during our marriage a few days from now. My thanks to FMF for his thoughtful contribution."

redbadger, is this your only core value: "love is walking down the beach at Saltburn sharing a bag of chips."?
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 16:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Part 2 of Core Values:

"a) Please review the list below and once you've chosen the "the five or six core values ranked in order of most importance to you" jot them down on a notepad and set it aside. b) Then as opportunity permits, ask your spouse, significant other or the person you're seriously dating now to read this list priv ...[text shortened]... this your only core value: "love is walking down the beach at Saltburn sharing a bag of chips."?[/b]
    That would depend who I was sharing the French fries with , as long as it was my darling wife then I need no more core values love is love.
  6. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 18:37
    Very romantic.You old softy. 😛
    Does it make a difference who paid for the chips?

It only really applies to Britian because it is the only place you can get proper chips from a proper chip shop. Not the same with the mcdonalds 'fries'.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 18:50
    Originally posted by biffo konker

It only really applies to Britian because it is the only place you can get proper chips from a proper chip shop. Not the same with the mcdonalds 'fries'.
    It makes not one jot of difference who pays for the chips Biffo
  8. Standard member20160203-removed
    The real Queen
    Wonderland
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 00:23
    Originally posted by mikelom
    11. Probably not many MEN could write about love as well as this:

http://www.katsandogz.com/onlove.html

English was Kahlil Gibran's second language too!
    Love is never ever ever sleeping peacefully again ... that is my definition of love for my kids.

Regarding the other kind of love ... well the link by mikelom is perfect. Thank you for sharing.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 04:071 edit
    [b]What is "Love"?

1. In the English Language the word "love" signifies both a noun and a verb (to love).

2. Love is an attitude of mind inspired by an object (another person or place or thing).

3. A sentimental and/or an emotional expression (parental, filial, romantic or in friendship).

4.[/b]
    4. Bacon

In fact, I started a thread on Bacon in the spirituality forum, so check it out!
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 14:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    4. Bacon

In fact, I started a thread on Bacon in the spirituality forum, so check it out!
    Love is not having to list each others core values.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 11:54
    Originally posted by biffo konker

The chips are good in NZ too!!!!

And paid for from a shared bank account.

We still get a take-away fish n chips and eat it at the beach.
    Not a Kiwi thing as we seem to be the only ones doing it!
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 11:55
    [b]Part 2 of Core Values:

a) Please review the list below and once you've chosen the "the five or six core values ranked in order of most importance to you" jot them down on a notepad and set it aside. b) Then as opportunity permits, ask your spouse, significant other or the person you're seriously dating now to read this list priva ...[text shortened]... jocularity; 79. outspokenness; 80. provocativeness; 81. spiritedness; 82. versatility."[/quote][/b]
    Enjoying Shouting Gramps?
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 12:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The chips are good in NZ too!!!!

And paid for from a shared bank account.

We still get a take-away fish n chips and eat it at the beach.
    Not a Kiwi thing as we seem to be the only ones doing it!
    my Daughter has just emigrated to Perth WA been out there about 3 weeks she tried Aussie shark and Chips she said that it was great.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 13:37
    my Daughter has just emigrated to Perth WA been out there about 3 weeks she tried Aussie shark and Chips she said that it was great.
    Great, or great white?

I'll get my coat.
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 13:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Great, or great white?

I'll get my coat.
    probably Bull the swan is infested with them

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree