1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 09:18
    wooden building blocks, Lego and Matchbox cars were very prominent in my childhood.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 09:32
    1. Star Wars Figures
    2. Action Man
    3. Busy Bodies
    4. Top Trumps
    5. Evel Knievel (stunts were always a big disappointment).
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 10:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    OMG
    The JohnySeven!

1. Detachable Pistol (caps)
    2. Rifle (white bullets - easily lost)
    3. Machine gun (rachet system on right of gun)
    4. Grenade Launcher
    5. Side launcher (red torpedo)
    6. Rocket (front launch)
    7. Rocket Grenade (looked like an ice-lolly and launched from either side or front)

Best prezzie ever.
    I was 8 or 9.

Following year it was a chopper.
    Beast of a gun. Bigger than I was!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 10:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPhZsauluXM

The British version did not have detachable stock and
    was not called the OMA (One Man Army)
    Brilliant!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 10:10
    Zeriods

YouTube
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 10:11
    Toys from the 1960's for all you baby-boomers

YouTube
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What are you Victorian?
    back then a poor council house dweller (trailer trash) 5th of 7 kids didn't have a tv until 1965 no washing machine just an old poss tub in the wash house outside, no inside toilet no heating upstairs, no double glazing no money, walked everywhere no cash for buses used to go to the local market and pinch fruit. Life was tough on the mean streets of Berwick Hills.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 12:36
    Originally posted by redbadger
    back then a poor council house dweller (trailer trash) 5th of 7 kids didn't have a tv until 1965 no washing machine just an old poss tub in the wash house outside, no inside toilet no heating upstairs, no double glazing no money, walked everywhere no cash for buses used to go to the local market and pinch fruit. Life was tough on the mean streets of Berwick Hills.
    Anything positive about those times, like were you the poster boy for the Hovis adds?
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 13:351 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 13:55
    i had a gi joe doll, one of the first in the mid sixties...
    cool gear to go with, if i remember was a rifle?, a pistol, camouflage, and a helmet...
    over the years i played with my doll i got a jeep for him to ride in, a wetsuit that was virtually impossible to dress him in, and, towards the end of the decade,

the apollo spacecraft!!!

at one point (several hundred times, actually) he took a header off some high point...
    prolly the kitchen table...
    i remember his right hand, his pistol hand, broke clean off during one of these dives, and i was mortified...
    my mother, my florence nightingale, promptly got out the small roll of medical tape and proceeded to craft a cast for him...
    he was saved!!!

i do not know what happened to my doll after i moved away from home...

:'( :'( :'(
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 14:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    my dad made us lads a fort from plyboard and some lead soldier in moulds he had borrowed he was a gas fitter so lead pipe was easy for him to get he melted it himself. we rigged our own bikes up frame from a scrap yard miss matched wheels but one thing we always had was FUN you don't need flash toys and loads of cash to enjoy playing out with your friends.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 14:59
    I remember rubber mini bricks (predating Lego) , and Lone Ranger hat, mask and two gun (cap gun) holster set. Then at 12 a single shot Cooey 22...for target shooting only.😉
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 19:05
    Originally posted by redbadger
    my dad made us lads a fort from plyboard and some lead soldier in moulds he had borrowed he was a gas fitter so lead pipe was easy for him to get he melted it himself. we rigged our own bikes up frame from a scrap yard miss matched wheels but one thing we always had was FUN you don't need flash toys and loads of cash to enjoy playing out with your friends.
    Now that sounds like fun!
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 21:18
    I had a chess set.
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 21:19
    Lots of wooden toys, some made by my father. Corgi die-cast cars. I remember a brilliant Fisher-Price cash register -- my sister's kids actually played with it the last few times they came over to England. An Aerobie and one of those three-pronged foam boomerangs. Tennis and badminton equipment. Lots of Commodore 64 and, later, Amiga 500 games and Mac software. And many, many books.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree