1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 13:082 edits
    swimming in lochs? gardening? beer gardens? lazy sunny afternoons?

I love that in the frozen north it stays light until 11 p.m. ๐Ÿ˜€
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    swimming in lochs? gardening? beer gardens? lazy sunny afternoons?

I love that in the frozen north it stays light until 11 p.m. ๐Ÿ˜€
    It only stayed lit till 10 PM in Anchorage where I went to HS. Of course in winter, it got dark at 2 PM.... But they could grow some huge veggies their though, like 48 pound cabbages and strawberries as big as your fist. Well, MY fist๐Ÿ™‚ I didn't like them though, too mealy. We had mushroom stakes though, there is a kind of very edible mushroom as big as a dinner plate and when cooked, tasted great! My sister and I found a bag of cokes, still drinkable, buried in the sand of a creek near our cabin. Was a great time. We had no power but when I was 13 I had built a short wave radio from a Heathkit and took it with when we drove from LA to Anchorage. So one day I was wandering around the forest and found some kind of water pumping station, and a power pole outside with mains power. I rushed to the cabin and retreived my radio and about 30 feet of antenna wire and plugged it in and was listening to shortwave stations from all around the world and hams too, I was in techie heaven๐Ÿ™‚ So that was a very good summer.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:17
    Golf and cold beer.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It only stayed lit till 10 PM in Anchorage where I went to HS. Of course in winter, it got dark at 2 PM.... But they could grow some huge veggies their though, like 48 pound cabbages and strawberries as big as your fist. Well, MY fist๐Ÿ™‚ I didn't like them though, too mealy. We had mushroom stakes though, there is a kind of very edible mushroom as big as a d ...[text shortened]... from all around the world and hams too, I was in techie heaven๐Ÿ™‚ So that was a very good summer.
    phew! I thought you were gonna find a giant watermelon and plug your radio into that and have it act as an antenna ๐Ÿ˜€
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:36
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Golf and cold beer.
    are you allowed to combine the two at the same time?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:48
    Plus a joint.

Of the major sports, golf is so very unique.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:52
    phew! I thought you were gonna find a giant watermelon and plug your radio into that and have it act as an antenna ๐Ÿ˜€
    All that water absorbs radio waves. That's why microwave ovens work๐Ÿ™‚ I did train ants to form a long bridge and used that as antennae but they demanded too many leaves to eat...
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 16:04
    What you love about summertime?
    What do I love about summertime?

Well it depends on whether you're talking about summertime in Britain or whether you are talking about summertime in Australia.

If you talking about summertime in Britain, then my answer is cricket.

If you talking about summertime in Australia, then my answer is cricket.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 16:13
    Only on days ending in "day".
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 18:30
    Oh summertime... the intensity of light is so uplifting and it gives me so much energy. I love to look out at my garden in the moonlit night or stroll around with a mug of tea very early in the morning while admiring a beautiful dewy rose and listening to the birds singing. I love the ripples of tall seeding grass blowing in the breeze and the smell of the new hay which has just been turned on a hot summer day. I love being driven along the motorway while looking out at the landscape, dreamily gazing at the beautiful patchwork of woodland, mown fields of pale gold and bright lemon rape seed.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 18:53
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    Oh summertime... the intensity of light is so uplifting and it gives me so much energy. I love to look out at my garden in the moonlit night or stroll around with a mug of tea very early in the morning while admiring a beautiful dewy rose and listening to the birds singing. I love the ripples of tall seeding grass blowing in the breeze and the smell of th ...[text shortened]... ing at the beautiful patchwork of woodland, mown fields of pale gold and bright lemon rape seed.
    Yes I am planning a garden of large dahlias, I want it acidic, psychedelic! ๐Ÿ˜€
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 09:00
    Yes I am planning a garden of large dahlias, I want it acidic, psychedelic! ๐Ÿ˜€
    I wanna talk about trees and golf. Bounce my ball into the fairway, of course that is cool. But sometimes they bounce into the deep rough. The woods. Or whatever. Does life get any better?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 13:522 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    I wanna talk about trees and golf. Bounce my ball into the fairway, of course that is cool. But sometimes they bounce into the deep rough. The woods. Or whatever. Does life get any better?
    Fine but I gotta tell you I don't get golf. Trees I love. A tree is an entire community, its amazing, but golf, sorry I just don't get it. I mean I understand the rules and stuff, but its the attraction that I don't understand. If you explain it maybe I will get a better handle on why people dig it. There are lots of golf courses near where I live, maybe five or six, maybe more.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 18:47
    Fine but I gotta tell you I don't get golf. Trees I love. A tree is an entire community, its amazing, but golf, sorry I just don't get it. I mean I understand the rules and stuff, but its the attraction that I don't understand. If you explain it maybe I will get a better handle on why people dig it. There are lots of golf courses near where I live, maybe five or six, maybe more.
    Golfers don't care if you don't like it. But you are talking about it, so hey go try!
  15. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 19:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree