1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 11:402 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Summer is once a month here.
    Summer is 3 days in July in Glasgow, if we are lucky. If the temp gets above 23 Celsius people start to freak out.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 23:31
    The best thing about summer is that all the snowbirds (people who travel here in winter so they can play golf in January) are all gone by May until October.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '17 15:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The best thing about summer is that all the snowbirds (people who travel here in winter so they can play golf in January) are all gone by May until October.
    Yeah, I remember that when we lived in Scotsdale. I forget, RU near Phoenix?
    I think it was a huge mistake of ours to have ever left Scotsdale. We had a sweetheart deal on our house, got 50K profit from sale of our home in Venice beach (nothing to what we would have had if we stayed there, but that's another stupid story, leaving Venice Beach) but anyhow, we put all of it on down payment of a house twice the size for 69K and so had only a 20,000 dollar mortgage and a 200 dollar a month house payment. I cringe when I think about the deal we have now, 1200 dollar a month mortgage and 5000 in property tax and another 2500 in school tax plus a 1% local town tax, what a mistake. But looking back, a lot of children, grandkids, would never have been born, we probably never would have gone to Israel where our Au Pair became our daughter in law (Lottie from Sweden) and Troy and Lottie's kids would never have been born nor would our son Josh, who met his wife to be in Cancun where he was in a Spanish immersion program while going to Penn State, none of that would have happened so his two kids would not have been born nor our genius granson Caleb, our son Kevin married a Pennsylvania dutchie lady. So you think, if only I had a time machine, I would go back and do it all over, but with all that going on because we are here in Pa now, we wouldn't have the stomach for it if we had the choice...
    Anyway, summers here are mostly wet. The storms of September are awesome to behold, thunder that shakes the house.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Apr '17 16:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think it was a huge mistake of ours to have ever left Scotsdale. We had a sweetheart deal on our house, got 50K profit from sale of our home in Venice beach (nothing to what we would have had if we stayed there, but that's another stupid story, leaving Venice Beach) but anyhow, ...[text shortened]... re are mostly wet. The storms of September are awesome to behold, thunder that shakes the house.
    That's a nice story. 🙂
  5. RSA
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 05:271 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how hot? Arizona is hot, Multan in the Punjab is scorching hot , how hot you talking?
    It has been 30 degrees for the past 6 months or so. El Nino. It hasn't rained properly since mid year 2015.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 12:05
    I like taking the shoes off. The first part of done with work day!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 16:541 edit
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    It has been 30 degrees for the past 6 months or so. El Nino. It hasn't rained properly since mid year 2015.
    30 Celsius, Thats no bad,yes not bad at all! In the Punjab it reaches 40 - 46 in high summer. On the 26th May 2010 it reached 53.5 °C in the Sindh! thats roasty toasty. Death Valley roasty toasty. The worst thing is the country doesn't generate enough electricity and so you have load shedding and no fans or AC's work.
  8. RSA
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 17:24
    30 Celsius, Thats no bad,yes not bad at all! In the Punjab it reaches 40 - 46 in high summer. On the 26th May 2010 it reached 53.5 °C in the Sindh! thats roasty toasty. Death Valley roasty toasty. The worst thing is the country doesn't generate enough electricity and so you have load shedding and no fans or AC's work.
    For someone who is used to -20 degrees and sometimes -30 degrees, it is pretty bad.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 19:10
    For someone who is used to -20 degrees and sometimes -30 degrees, it is pretty bad.
    -20 and -30 where you been hanging out? the Tory party conference 😛
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 23:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think it was a huge mistake of ours to have ever left Scotsdale. We had a sweetheart deal on our house, got 50K profit from sale of our home in Venice beach (nothing to what we would have had if we stayed there, but that's another stupid story, leaving Venice Beach) but anyhow, ...[text shortened]... re are mostly wet. The storms of September are awesome to behold, thunder that shakes the house.
    Yep, I'm in Scottsdale.

The only two things I hate about living here are the summer heat and the overabundance of Republicans. Other than that, it's a great place to live.
  11. RSA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 04:51
    -20 and -30 where you been hanging out? the Tory party conference 😛
    Northern Canada.
  12. RSA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 04:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yep, I'm in Scottsdale.

The only two things I hate about living here are the summer heat and the overabundance of Republicans. Other than that, it's a great place to live.
    Has Arizona ever been blue?
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 07:13
    Summer is 3 days in July in Glasgow, if we are lucky. If the temp gets above 23 Celsius people start to freak out.
    July is the worse month, June or early September is when you get your 23c. When kids are either going back to school or doing their exams, that's when the weather is good, 100% met office guaranteed.

Also the long days are my favourite.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 07:23
    Has Arizona ever been blue?
    I could be wrong, but I think Bill Clinton won the state one year and also Obama once.

All the state legislators are Reps, though, so we end up with pretty crappy laws. We're also the only state so far to turn down a marijuana legalization proposition on the ballot. Go figure.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:281 edit
    Northern Canada.
    I wish I was in Canada. I would go fishing for Salmon and Sea Trout.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree