Where is everybody ?

Where is everybody ?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by woadman
Ok I've been watching for a month or so..every weekend this website slows down !! It should be the exact opposite! It's 4pm in California and a paltry 200 users are online !! Members of this website should be making their moves, and posting on the forums. Instead they're probably out shopping or to a movie or some other worthless activity... watching a B-A-L-L game like a retard..
Quite a few players here play chess at work and go off and do things on the weekends.

w

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Quite a few players here play chess at work and go off and do things on the weekends.
Good point--that can account for some of the people not logging in on weekends...

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by woadman
Good point--that can account for some of the people not logging in on weekends...
I've been off work for almost 2 months. I'll only be able to play here after work.
My boss expects me to debone and grind and patty at work and not use a computer except to order. He's a prick.

Read a book!

Moves
18 Jan 15

I've been off work for almost 2 months. I'll only be able to play here after work.
My boss expects me to debone and grind and patty at work and not use a computer except to order. He's a prick.
But he pays you.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
But he pays you.
That's the only reason I do it.

Read a book!

Moves
18 Jan 15

That's the only reason I do it.
Supply and demand.

l

Moves
18 Jan 15

Supply and demand.
Isn't that the reason why we all work - we need the money. If we enjoy what we do, so much the better but that is not the case for all of us.

Read a book!

Moves
18 Jan 15

Originally posted by lolof
Isn't that the reason why we all work - we need the money. If we enjoy what we do, so much the better but that is not the case for all of us.
I think most people enjoy what they do, for the most part. Am I wrong?

l

Moves
18 Jan 15
2 edits

I think most people enjoy what they do, for the most part. Am I wrong?
I'm not so sure about that but if they think that way, it makes their work so much easier. I believe many would prefer a different job if they could choose but they hesitate to make a change for different reasons.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18 Jan 15

Read a book!

Moves
18 Jan 15

I'm not so sure about that but if they think that way, it makes their work so much easier. I believe many would prefer a different job if they could choose but they hesitate to make a change for different reasons.
I worked in the newspaper business for 40 years, and it wasn't for the money. I can't imagine doing anything else.

l

Moves
18 Jan 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
That was funny, Drew. 🙂 It is interesting and I know that Andy will be back with an interesting reply.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18 Jan 15

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18 Jan 15

Read a book!

Moves
18 Jan 15

That was funny, Drew. 🙂 It is interesting and I know that Andy will be back with an interesting reply.
I can't reply. I'm not here. 😉