1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 12:54
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    We have a new one who posted the same grap twice without bothering to look up the answers to their first thread...
    You only found ONE of those? 😲
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 13:45
    That's the second posted today:
    Thread 153971

I alerted this one.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 14:23
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You only found ONE of those? 😲
    ...and now even my mechanical brain has found the meaning of your post...
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:17
    you commented on an ironic post referring to Monty Python...
    Well, that makes sense. Thanks.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 11:25
    Only one whinge per post, please, give everyone else a chance. 🙂
    I whine about a Person who, through clever posting of the dying Forum pushed the Forum over the cliff.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 11:54
    Whinges and whines are part of what makes a forum interesting, as long as there's a variety of them and not the same old same old. I think the death of this forum has been predicted for far too long, it was just going through a quiet patch between bursts of activity.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 12:55
    Whinges and whines are part of what makes a forum interesting, as long as there's a variety of them and not the same old same old. I think the death of this forum has been predicted for far too long, it was just going through a quiet patch between bursts of activity.
    Do you suppose that qualitative changes in a forum's content and tone play a role in its temporary or longer term decline?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 12:581 edit
    I whine about a Person who, through clever posting of the dying Forum pushed the Forum over the cliff.
    People seldom take kindly to bad news, that affects or implicates them personally, whether from a doctor or lawyer or friend.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 03:07
    I've had this cold for nearly three weeks, and it's a real pain ...
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 03:47
    I've had this cold for nearly three weeks, and it's a real pain ...
    Citrus Juices in heavy doses, Double Vitamin C and 8+ Hours zzzz.....
    Hope it breaks, so you'll feel more like yourself again soon.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 04:21
    None of that works, it's all a big con - I live on citrus at this time of the year, it hasn't helped one bit.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 11:161 edit
    None of that works, it's all a big con - I live on citrus at this time of the year, it hasn't helped one bit.
    "Here's what you can do in this cold-and-cough season: There is no reason or no weather to get a common cold. Wheezing, cough, runny nose and an aching body are the symptoms and it's horrid, even popping in medicines doesn't help. What does help is a DIY detox bath which is really effective. What all you need? A bath tub, hot water, hydrogen peroxide (3 per cent) and about 50 gram grounded sugar." (the Times of India)

Sure sounds strange but why not try it. Maybe ask your family doctor first if the solution described is likely to remove causal toxins through the skin's pores (skin is our body's largest organ); and definitely exercise, such as stretching and walking.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 11:22
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Here's what you can do in this cold-and-cough season: There is no reason or no weather to get a common cold. Wheezing, cough, runny nose and an aching body are the symptoms and it's horrid, even popping in medicines doesn't help. What does help is a DIY detox bath which is really effective. What all you need? A bath tub, hot water, hydrogen peroxide (3 ...[text shortened]... in is our body's largest organ); and definitely exercise, such as stretching and walking.
    as a chemist I would advise:

DO NOT BATHE IN HYDROGEN PEROXIDE SOLUTION.

Though in the described recipe the sugar will probably be consumed first.

Detoxification is a myth. Of course the Body will excrete everything toxic. Some of this via the Skin. But those substances won't induce infections of the resparatory tract.

If you want to kill of bacteria via oxidation gurgle with Potassiumpermangante solution (don't swallow).
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 11:27
    as a chemist I would advise:

DO NOT BATHE IN HYDROGEN PEROXIDE SOLUTION.

Though in the described recipe the sugar will probably be consumed first.

Detoxification is a myth. Of course the Body will excrete everything toxic. Some of this via the Skin. But those substances won't induce infections of the resparatory tract.

If you want to kill of bacteria via oxidation gurgle with Potassiumpermangante solution (don't swallow).
    Glad you decided to weigh in with your well qualified comments. Here's the link for your convenience:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-07-30/health/40848059_1_bath-tub-detox-hydrogen-peroxide
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 11:35
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Glad you decided to weigh in with your well qualified comments. Here's the link for your convenience:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-07-30/health/40848059_1_bath-tub-detox-hydrogen-peroxide
    The 'alternative health industry' has a lot to answer for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree