1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 14:42
    Supermarkets making a killing on alcohol with pubs being closed and people generally panic buying.

Netflix has seen a surge in new subscriptions. Would add Disney to that list with Disney+ and they probably are making more than they're losing regardless of the fact that all the theme parks are closed since they've stopped paying their already low paid staff. #heartless scumbags

Zoom, had never heard of it and now everyone is talking about it, not sure how they actually make any money from it but I'm sure someone will explain how.

Anything else?
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 14:44
    @trev33 said
    Supermarkets making a killing on alcohol with pubs being closed and people generally panic buying.

Netflix has seen a surge in new subscriptions. Would add Disney to that list with Disney+ and they probably are making more than they're losing regardless of the fact that all the theme parks are closed since they've stopped paying their already low paid staff. #heartless scum ...[text shortened]... e how they actually make any money from it but I'm sure someone will explain how.

Anything else?
    The frequency I buy books from Amazon has gone up.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 14:50
    jeff bezos
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 17:10
    @trev33 said
    Anything else?
    Earth's environment is noticeably cleaner.

There has been a dramatic drop in pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in many countries.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 17:351 edit
    @Trev33

Trump's buddies (the 2-trillion are not traceable).

EDIT:

YouTube
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 17:58
    @petewxyz said
    The frequency I buy books from Amazon has gone up.
    Amused by this as t.v. advert's here tell us how Amazon are keeping everything sanitized & how there working!

How the global markets shift.... eh?!
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 17:58
    @Trev33

Jeff Bezos; Bill Gates; Donald Trump and his buddies; Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin (but I repeat myself, see the previous point); Israel and Saudia Arabia; Walmart.

In other words, just the usual suspects. Nothing special, don't worry, just prepare the wall for when the revolution comes.
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 19:271 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    @Trev33

Jeff Bezos; Bill Gates; Donald Trump and his buddies; Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin (but I repeat myself, see the previous point); Israel and Saudia Arabia; Walmart.

In other words, just the usual suspects. Nothing special, don't worry, just prepare the wall for when the revolution comes.
    Napoleon said every nation is three meal's away from that = Sit back & watch it hit the fan. Sorry it's done that already...
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 19:48
    Who benefits? The ruling class, nothing like an excuse to expand power.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 22:11
    @eladar said
    Who benefits? The ruling class, nothing like an excuse to expand power.
    to the tune of 290 BILLION $$$
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 22:14
    Zoom
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 22:25
    @handyandy said

There has been a dramatic drop in pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in many countries.
    This is true, and where I live, in a Marine National Park, the coral and things that live therein are having a welcome break from idiot SCUBA divers who don't know how to dive and trash everything, their presence will not be missed. And don't get me going on divers that get huge underwater cameras for Christmas...
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Apr '20 00:13
    Rumour has it Ghost is planning on writing a book about it, which should make him a ton of money!

-VR
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    24 Apr '20 03:591 edit
    @handyandy said

Isn’t it just! Great to see the increase in the flying insect population too judging from the number of splats on my windscreen yesterday. Had to take the car for a quick blast on the motorway yesterday as it’s only been driven 4 miles a week for the past month.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Apr '20 06:34
    Small shops with products that people need and to which customers have easy access benefit when supermarkets and malls suffer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree