1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 18:041 edit
    @handyandy said
    Yes! It's similar to what happens when you don't use your brain enough.
    Ahhhhhhh so that is what happened to you Andy, and why you don't play chess anymore!

Last Moved
    05 Sep '16......And thanks for explaining why! 😉

-VR
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 18:12
    @handyandy said
    Yes! It's similar to what happens when you don't use your brain enough.
    Yep.
    The pollution level is high on this thread.

Actually the pollution level is high everywhere.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 18:15
    @wolfgang59 said
    Yep.
    The pollution level is high on this thread.

Actually the pollution level is high everywhere.
    Just when Andy talks about not using ones brain enough you show up!!! 😛 😉

-VR
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 20:18
    @drewnogal said
    We’re not supposed to be driving any further than the local supermarket unless we are travelling to work of caring for someone. Driving to help maintain the good working order of a car engine is not a valid reason to travel.
    Here in Indoland we can go wherever we want as long as it's not in large numbers. We returned home from Bali recently and having been checked we went into a two - week quarantine, now we're free to roam. In our local city, Manado, the government has installed stand - pipes and sinks (and hand - washing stuff) at regular intervals, there's a high police presence to try to ensure social distancing, and we had our temperatures taken in the bank when we went to draw out some cash! It seems to be working, only two deaths so far in our province. (North Sulawesi). Schools, churches and non - essential shops are closed, so the people from our village who aren't working have no income, which means no food, (no benefits system here) so everyone is planting vegetables and going back to their traditional ways, making cooking oil from coconuts and so on, and in the meantime we're buying sacks of rice to keep everyone fed. It'll all work out in the end.
  5. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 20:44
    Oil price -$37.00 a barrel. Now's the time to stock up...
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 23:46
    Before the covid-19 even my neighbours were showing signs of untreated schizophrenia... excessive banging, loud and violent. But now they have been healed they don't say boo or blame those around them for what the traffics do.

Bring on covid-20
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Apr '20 15:58
    I know a lady owns a small corner family store is making masks selling them for $8.00 a mask. She can't keep up with the demand for them. There is a white material liner in them and they are from 3 to 5 layers thick. I got two that are 5 layers thick. She had roughly about 200 if not more and sells them daily. I assume she is making a good profit on these masks that are in such high demand.

-VR
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 14:33
    @hells-caretaker said
    Oil price -$37.00 a barrel. Now's the time to stock up...
    When was the last time you bought a barrel of oil?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 14:36
    @trev33 said
    When was the last time you bought a barrel of oil?
    We both know the answer to that one! 😉

-VR
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 14:36
    @indonesia-phil said
    Here in Indoland we can go wherever we want as long as it's not in large numbers. We returned home from Bali recently and having been checked we went into a two - week quarantine, now we're free to roam. In our local city, Manado, the government has installed stand - pipes and sinks (and hand - washing stuff) at regular intervals, there's a high police presence to try ...[text shortened]... and in the meantime we're buying sacks of rice to keep everyone fed. It'll all work out in the end.
    I'm sure the fisherman are still throwing their hooks into the coral, saw it firsthand in the Philippines.
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 14:39
    We have become aware that a good life or good fortune should not be taken for granted.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 14:44
    @torunn said
    We have become aware that a good life or good fortune should not be taken for granted.
    If you grew up poor you knew that long before the Covid-19 came along! 😉

-VR
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 14:47
    @very-rusty said
    If you grew up poor you knew that long before the Covid-19 came along! 😉

-VR
    For sure - when I grew up I never saw poor people. We had enough - not much but enough. Those were good times in Sweden, people were grateful.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 14:571 edit
    @torunn said
    For sure - when I grew up I never saw poor people. We had enough - not much but enough. Those were good times in Sweden, people were grateful.
    You were fortunate, I've seen many poor people, in fact was one of them myself. I know how lucky I am today from having experienced what it is like not to have what everyone else had and can appreciate it much better than those born with gold spoon in their mouth, so to speak.

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 15:042 edits
    @very-rusty said
    You were fortunate, I've seen many poor people, in fact was one of them myself. I know how lucky I am today from having experienced what it is like not to have what everyone else had and can appreciate it much better than those born with gold spoon in their mouth, so to speak.

-VR
    I know there were many poor people here but in other places, not where I lived, where there was social progress, most families had similar circumstances or slightly better. When I started school, it was a modern comprehensive school where the education was 9 years minimum. Living under poor conditions, you can't maintain that - the family needs money. We were fortunate, growing up in the 50-60's. There may be people my age with totally different memories, but to me those were good times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree