1. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 17:35
    I heard phlabbibit was terrible at guitar and singing.
    I also heard he sat in a way that cornered you on his deck so you couldn't get away from his awful performance. πŸ€”
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 17:36
    @contenchess said
    I heard phlabbibit was terrible at guitar and singing.
    I also heard he sat in a way that cornered you on his deck so you couldn't get away from his awful performance. πŸ€”
    His songs had great videos though πŸ˜‰
  3. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 17:42
    I think I vaguely remember some videos...
    Not sure. πŸ€”
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 17:45
    @very-rusty said
    I don't believe I ever saw any of those.

-VR
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/meetups/index.php

This will take you to the ones in England and Ireland.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 17:47
    @mwmiller said
    I remember that at one time there were pictures posted here from all of the various meet-ups but they weren't combined onto one link. I don't know why the ones from Maine weren't consolidated with the ones from Ireland and England, but that never happened.

Weren't there two meet-ups held in Maine, at Philabit's home? I have seen those pictures as well but they have va ...[text shortened]... alled "RHP faces", where numerous members posted pictures of themselves. That too has now vanished.
    The USA one’s were at Phlabs but in Rhode Island, not Maine...just saying and Huck is right, there were copious amounts of alcohol partaken of but it was over a long time...as I remember but nothing like as much that was had at the Irish get togethers. I remember seeing one fellow (demonseed) sleeping on a bench.πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΊπŸΊπŸΊ
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 17:51
    @great-big-stees said
    The USA one’s were at Phlabs but in Rhode Island, not Maine...just saying and Huck is right, there were copious amounts of alcohol partaken of but it was over a long time...as I remember but nothing like as much that was had at the Irish get togethers. I remember seeing one fellow (demonseed) sleeping on a bench.πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΊπŸΊπŸΊ
    Where can we find the photos from the meet-ups?
  7. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:02
    @Torunn

Two posts above ⬆️
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:061 edit
    @contenchess said
    @Torunn

Two posts above ⬆️
    Thanks, I wasn't paying attention. πŸ™‚
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:101 edit
    @Great-Big-Stees
    OK, Rhode Island instead of Maine! Everything east of the Mississippi is a foreign country to me! πŸ™‚ I wasn't too far off though.

Did you happen to come across any of the pictures from those meet-ups? I don't think they were ever published on the actual RHP site, but I did see them somewhere so someone had to furnish a link at one time.
  10. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:15
    @mwmiller

I saw them but I think it was a link from phlabbibit.
    I remember seeing a big homemade yard chess set. (Boards spray painted)
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:19
    @contenchess said
    @mwmiller

I saw them but I think it was a link from phlabbibit.
    I remember seeing a big homemade yard chess set. (Boards spray painted)
    I think that is correct. I remember that as well. Plus several people sitting around at picnic tables, or on the porch with guitars, etc. Looked like a good time. The ones from England and Ireland also looked like everyone was very happy!

I wonder if any of those will be happening again. Probably not for a while with the covid thing still happening.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:19
    @great-big-stees said
    Demonseed did an all nighter before getting the bus down from Belfast. Had a few beers before we started, then fell asleep before the tournament started. Ended up on one of my comfy chairs I think, Trev might be able to confirm that one.
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:331 edit
    @huckleberryhound
    You can see him taking a nap in several of the pictures that are in the link I just posted a few minutes ago. You folks know how to party is all I can say! I used to be like that but that is now all ancient history for me. πŸ™
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 18:55
    @mwmiller said
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/meetups/index.php

This will take you to the ones in England and Ireland.
    Thanks

-VR
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    06 Dec '21 19:00
    @mwmiller

None of us getting older buddy. If we had another it'd be over coffee. Day drinking is not my thing anymore...besides, the Quill is closed down now

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree