Who still survives from the old days?

Who still survives from the old days?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Nov 21

@suzianne said
Don't you mean dive turned it down?

I didn't know Russ even listened to anything you say.
No, he means I advised Russ to turn his idea down.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Nov 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
No, he means I advised Russ to turn his idea down.
Look up "Napoleon Complex".

(Wow, one minute. Are you stalking me? Posting crap and hoping I'll respond?)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Nov 21

@divegeester said
Haha, you are so on the wrong side of the hot/crazy line!
Funny, most people call it the "true" line.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Nov 21

@suzianne said
Funny, most people call it the "true" line.
No they don’t, it’s always been called the hot/crazy line.

It’s on YouTube have a look.
You’ll like it.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
01 Dec 21

@very-rusty said
Thanks for the feedback on it.

Were there operators on the site? I guess you would call them Moderators on RHP, only with the ability to kick people?

I thought it was called mIRC? would have been back in early 90's maybe 93-95.

-VR
It could have been called mIRC.

All I know is that it was live chat and was hosted on a different server. An RHP member named vampire_man was part of their admin, and he set up a private chat room there for RHP members. He was a moderator for that room and there also was their own robo-mod.

This all happened in 2002, from mid January and was shut down by the end of March. If you follow the general forum pages as far back as you can go, to around page 1466, you will see some of the drama that happened with it, around Jan, Feb and March of 2002.

RHP admin didn't have anything to do with running the irc chatroom other than to create a link/button to take us to that chat room.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 21

@mwmiller said

All I know is that it was live chat and was hosted on a different server. An RHP member named vampire_man was part of their admin, and he set up a private chat room there for RHP members. He was a moderator for that room and there also was their own robo-mod.

This all happened in 2002, from mid January and was shut down by the end ...[text shortened]... to do with running the irc chatroom other than to create a link/button to take us to that chat room.
Totally before my time. I never even heard about it. Like you say, tho, admins prolly want to forget it ever happened.

Contentious

Moves
01 Dec 21

@Suzianne

You know it would be fun.

Stop playing 😏

Contentious

Moves
01 Dec 21

@mwmiller

Great story. I'm sorry I wasn't around then.

Moves
01 Dec 21

@suzianne said
Look up "Napoleon Complex".

(Wow, one minute. Are you stalking me? Posting crap and hoping I'll respond?)
What do you mean, "hoping"? That should be "knowing".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 21
1 edit

@shallow-blue said
What do you mean, "hoping"? That should be "knowing".
Another "fan".

Not mine, heaven forbid. His.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Dec 21
1 edit

@mwmiller said

This all happened in 2002, from mid January and was shut down by the end ...[text shortened]... to do with running the irc chatroom other than to create a link/button to take us to that chat room.
Well I was on a site I believe called mIRC, around '93 - '95, it may even have been a few years earlier than that.

It was for chat. I was an operator and we could kick people who were being abusive.

We had a lot of problems with Hackers, we would boot them and they would take us with them sometimes. We had 5 or 6 operators on at a time and usually 30-50 people I believe at one time.

I was being taught how to write some programs back then by one of the admins, but never used it and forgot most of it now.

I believe there were different channels you could go to. I got to meet one of the Operators on a trip I was making to Ottawa to see one of my brothers back in the 90's. Speed limit signs in Ottawa and Montreal were more like suggestions I soon learned, you just had to keep up with the traffic. I flew up and rented a vehicle for 2 weeks that turned into 3 weeks! Just brought back some old memories when I heard the name.

-VR

Moves
01 Dec 21

@suzianne said
Another "fan".

Not mine, heaven forbid. His.
Nope, just pointing out that you've started exhibiting the same behaviour as your dear dive. A little less so - but only a little. I'm not a fan of either of your spats.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Dec 21

@shallow-blue said
Nope, just pointing out that you've started exhibiting the same behaviour as your dear dive. A little less so - but only a little. I'm not a fan of either of your spats.
Sometimes it is best to just stay out spats between posters. You will be accused of taking one side or the other. You do know you really don't have to say anything right?

-VR

Moves
01 Dec 21

@very-rusty said
Sometimes it is best to just stay out spats between posters. You will be accused of taking one side or the other. You do know you really don't have to say anything right?
I still have a slight (but only slight) hope of making suzianne see reason; divegeester, none whatsoever.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Dec 21
1 edit

@shallow-blue said
I still have a slight (but only slight) hope of making suzianne see reason; divegeester, none whatsoever.
Ok, that point is hard to argue. He does seem to have issues with many posters, myself included it isn't just suzianne as you are probably aware.

-VR