Who still survives from the old days?

Who still survives from the old days?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
29 Nov 21

ya missed me lol 2002

D

Moves
29 Nov 21
2 edits

@gambrel said
Who remembers Blobby? lol
I might be wrong, but I think he was the first player banned at RHP, he was subsequently banned at uchess.
I remember Blobby. How about Ironman 31 and Darvlay?

Moves
29 Nov 21

@dood111 said
I remember Blobby. How about Ironman 31 and Darvlay?
I played Ironman a couple of times, before he/she was “dropped” I think I may have put up a good fight in the first game and lost the second in...two moves? It wasn’t too long thereafter that they...left.πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰

Contentious

Moves
29 Nov 21

@mwmiller

What about the 15 membes before you?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
29 Nov 21
1 edit

@Contenchess
They included Russ and Chris, some test accounts created by them to test their programming, and some of their local friends.

(I don't know for sure, but I suspect I was the first non-UK member to open an account here.)

RHP Member No.16

Moves
29 Nov 21
1 edit

If anyone wants to take a look at the early days of RHP, this link will give you a peek at RHP when it was very new.

Some of the links still may work, such as the forum link. It's nothing like what we now have. There is a time-graph at the top of the page where you can click and see some of the evolution of RHP.

Happy Browsing!
https://web.archive.org/web/20010530012128/http://www.redhotpawn.com/index.php

< edit > There used to be RHP meet-ups for members to get together for some fun and games. They were held in England, Ireland, and one or two in the US. Here is a link to some pictures taken for these meet-ups. There were pictures of the US meet-ups too, but I have not found them yet. I think there were two of them, held in Maine.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/meetups/index.php

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Nov 21

@mwmiller said
If anyone wants to take a look at the early days of RHP, this link will give you a peek at RHP when it was very new.

Some of the links still may work, such as the forum link. It's nothing like what we now have. There is a time-graph at the top of the page where you can click and see some of the evolution of RHP.

Happy Browsing!
https://web.archive.org/web/20010530 ...[text shortened]... think there were two of them, held in Maine.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/meetups/index.php
Good link, thanks.

I had a look at a page from 2015 which is one of the few still available, and I saw some douchebag called @redbadger grinding your gears and calling you “pompous”.

D

Moves
29 Nov 21

@great-big-stees said
I played Ironman a couple of times, before he/she was “dropped” I think I may have put up a good fight in the first game and lost the second in...two moves? It wasn’t too long thereafter that they...left.πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰
Funny how everyone knew Ironman was cheating, he had an incredible record, many games with only one or two losses, but it took them forever to remove him.

Moves
29 Nov 21

@dood111 said
Funny how everyone knew Ironman was cheating, he had an incredible record, many games with only one or two losses, but it took them forever to remove him.
Funny how they don’t “get rid” of players whose records are in the reverse...kinda like mine.πŸ€­πŸ˜‰

RHP Member No.16

Moves
29 Nov 21

@divegeester said
Good link, thanks.

I had a look at a page from 2015 which is one of the few still available, and I saw some douchebag called @redbadger grinding your gears and calling you “pompous”.
I don't remember having any interaction with that member at all and can't think of what that might have even been about. I guess I must have missed it.

I'm about 99% quiet and peaceful here. πŸ™‚

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 21
1 edit

@mwmiller said
I don't remember having any interaction with that member at all and can't think of what that might have even been about. I guess I must have missed it.

I would actually give you 100% quiet and peaceful.

I've only been here since late 2006 but in that time up to now have never seen you start anything with anyone.

Even when I tried giving you a hard time back some years ago. You are probably one of the most respected people on this site.

Of course I don't go into all the forums. πŸ™‚

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Nov 21

@mwmiller said

You didn’t reply in kind, you’re always a gent.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 21

@divegeester said
You didn’t reply in kind, you’re always a gent.
Gooster, I don't believe you would have survived the old days!!!

-VR

Contentious

Moves
29 Nov 21

@very-rusty said
Gooster, I don't believe you would have survived the old days!!!

-VR
The Gestapo Mods 😳

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 21
1 edit

@contenchess said
The Gestapo Mods 😳
Really?

Are you looking hard for another ban?

-VR