Who still survives from the old days?

Who still survives from the old days?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contentious

Moves
29 Nov 21
1 edit

@Suzianne

A lot of people just create dummy email accounts to join websites.
After a break they don't remember the email or password or care to put in the time to figure it out so they make a new one which is easier and faster.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 21

@suzianne said
I'm on the next page. 🙁

Same username since my day one.

Never understood those who keep coming back with diff names, it's hard to draw the correlation.
WOW.....You been around now for 18 years!!!

Me 15 years! That is 33 years between us. 🙂

How time flies!

-VR

Contentious

Moves
29 Nov 21

@mwmiller

You can change your username now but after all these years it's better to keep the one you have.

You're practically a legend 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 21

@contenchess said
@mwmiller

You can change your username now but after all these years it's better to keep the one you have.

He is already a legend and a quiet man who never rocks the boat!

Probably one of the most respected on the site.

-VR

RHP Member No.16

Moves
29 Nov 21

@contenchess said
@mwmiller

Yes, that is fairly recent though. Plus I think there is a time limit on that. I think there were a few exceptions before that too, but were for minor spelling changes.

Most of you also missed the high drama that we had when we 'briefly' had our own live chat room at irc chat. That was in 2002. It was very short-term, and I think Russ may have aged ten years during that short episode from the 'good old days'. He probably also doesn't even want to talk about it. 🙂 I just hope he doesn't ban me for mentioning it!

Contentious

Moves
29 Nov 21
2 edits

@mwmiller

You can change your name once a year.
And new accounts can change it within 30 days of activation.

Is 16 taken as a username? I'd go with that if I were you. 😉 it would be like your wearing a jersey. "16"

Grass Farmer

Moves
29 Nov 21

@contenchess said
@Suzianne

A lot of people just create dummy email accounts to join websites.
After a break they don't remember the email or password or care to put in the time to figure it out so they make a new one which is easier and faster.
or they are living with other people in the house also playing.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 21

@mwmiller said
Yes, that is fairly recent though. Plus I think there is a time limit on that. I think there were a few exceptions before that too, but were for minor spelling changes.

Most of you also missed the high drama that we had when we 'briefly' had our own live chat room at irc chat. That was in 2002. It was very short-term, and I think Russ may have aged ten years during th ...[text shortened]... obably also doesn't even want to talk about it. 🙂 I just hope he doesn't ban me for mentioning it!
That is before my time and on irc which is a different site is it not?

I just can't see you being the rowdy type! 😉

Of course we all get older and wiser, well some of us get wiser. 🙂

-VR

Moves
30 Nov 21

@mwmiller said
I haven't messed with my username either. If I had known we couldn't change it once we opened an account, I may have given it a little more creative thought.

I think most of the username changes were members that were banned for one reason or another, so created a new account to get back onto the site. Or maybe they just dropped the old account and started a new one for other reasons.
My name has been consistent since I joined and I explained it’s origin on a thread, somewhere.

Contentious

Moves
30 Nov 21

@Great-Big-Stees

Scared to show your face?
I didn't scare you because I'm like 3 feet from you did I?
If I did it wasn't on purpose.

Just because I was told by doctors I'm a psycho doesn't make it true. 🙃

Contentious

Moves
30 Nov 21

@great-big-stees said
My name has been consistent since I joined and I explained it’s origin on a thread, somewhere.
You ain't big.

I'm big.

Relatively speaking of course.
I don't think 6ft 250 is big cause I've been around arm wrestling and weight lifting.

I come in peace 😡

Moves
30 Nov 21

@contenchess said
@Great-Big-Stees

Scared to show your face?
I didn't scare you because I'm like 3 feet from you did I?
If I did it wasn't on purpose.

Just because I was told by doctors I'm a psycho doesn't make it true. 🙃
I did have a, like trev, photo of myself but being a naive techie, while trying to update it I deleted it and the site decided that my current avatar would suffice.🤔

Moves
30 Nov 21

@contenchess said
You ain't big.

I'm big.

Relatively speaking of course.
I don't think 6ft 250 is big cause I've been around arm wrestling and weight lifting.

I come in peace 😡
Hey, congrats! I just saw that you got signed for "Ip Man 5" 😉

Contentious

Moves
30 Nov 21
1 edit

@Kevin-Eleven

Not my style 😒

I'm more of a drunken arm wrestler whose wife/girlfriend wishes she never came to the event because it is nothing but a whole weekend of drunken man shyt.

That is the perfect definition of Arm Wrestling 🤔

I'm going to put that on Facebook.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
30 Nov 21

@very-rusty said
That is before my time and on irc which is a different site is it not?

I just can't see you being the rowdy type! 😉

Of course we all get older and wiser, well some of us get wiser. 🙂

-VR
RHP was not affiliated with the chat room in any way, other than there was a direct link from our site to the chat room.

One of the members here at RHP also was some kind of admin for irc chat, and managed to get us our own live RHP chat room there. The only requirements was you had to be a RHP member, and you had to follow their rules of conduct.

That second part is where the problem was, with some of the RHP gang that used the room. (I wasn't one of them, by the way). Our presence was cut short quickly. I think it lasted around 2 months before it was shut down.

Yes, getting older is mandatory. Getting wiser is only optional and debatable.