1. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 20:31
    Originally posted by Trev33
    About 60. Maybe a little older... he looked older than my Dad who is 61.
    Maybe you didn't get annoyed with him for being slow but possibly for his attitude.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 20:37
    and knowing me would have asked to see the manager and bitched until they gave me a discount.

This is Belfast, people don't keep quiet but who was ruder, myself or the ticket guy? Or either?
    http://static4.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Patience-is-not-the-ability-to-wait.jpg

You're Irish not Scot for crying out loud. 😛
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 20:54
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://static4.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Patience-is-not-the-ability-to-wait.jpg

You're Irish not Scot for crying out loud. 😛
    I'm 1/8th Scot 😉
  4. In your face
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 20:54
    Over the years I've found to get the best service it's best not to piss people off, but sometimes they are just so inherently stupid it's worth it just to blow off some steam.
    Hey Trev. One day you will be old and stupid too, so perhaps you should consider giving stupid old people a bit of slack 🙂
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 20:55
    Originally posted by lolof
    Maybe you didn't get annoyed with him for being slow but possibly for his attitude.
    I got annoyed because an incompetent person was on the verge of messing up my day.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 20:55
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Hey Trev. One day you will be old and stupid too, so perhaps you should consider giving stupid old people a bit of slack 🙂
    Where the fun in that? 😀
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 21:16
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    He may be halfway there now.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 21:17
    I got annoyed because an incompetent person was on the verge of messing up my day.
    Take a breath and be sure that it won't be the last time that this happens.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '14
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 21:52
    one fine day you will be the old dude.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 22:07
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    He may be halfway there now.
    Nah, I wouldn't call 29 old 😛
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 22:09
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Take a breath and be sure that it won't be the last time that this happens.
    Believe me I did a lot better today than I would have done in the past... hell even a year ago. Slowly, slowly. In a couple more years I might be asking to PLEASE hurry up...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 22:122 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 22:141 edit
    OK, so I arrive at the train station 2 minutes before it's due to leave, normally plenty of time to buy a ticket and get on.

Today however I get an old dude who apparently doesn't know how the ticket machine works (this is his only job - to sell tickets) and takes what feels like a year working it out. I say 'Hurry up, the train is about to leave" and he r ...[text shortened]... This is Belfast, people don't keep quiet but who was ruder, myself or the ticket guy? Or either?
    Trev, I think turning up to buy a ticket 2 minutes before departure makes you worthy of hasslement by the old dude. I've have faked a stroke and made you miss it.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 22:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Trev, I think turning up to buy a ticket 2 minutes before departure makes you worthy of hasslement by the old dude. I've have faked a stroke and made you miss it.
    What happened to the customer always being right and be nice to them?

Come on, he has one thing to do in his job and needed to get assistance... you can't get anymore incompetent than that. I regularly turn up with a few mins to buy a ticket and never have any problems.

Transaction shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.

Can I have a return to *****, as I slip the money between the glass.

Press, press... ticket comes out. Goes to til to change money... gives ticket and change - simples. That's all the dude has to do during the day, It wasn't like I was asking for a ticket to hell and he needed to check if they had any trains going there. There's 4 train lines in N.I. FOUR. I've never counted the stops but there can't be more than 30 and I was asking for a ticket to one of the main ones.

If there had been a cue I would have told the guys at the gate that I would buy a ticket on the train because there wasn't enough time to do so.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 23:021 edit
    Nah, I wouldn't call 29 old 😛
    That's not the half I was referring to.🙄😲😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree