Originally posted by HandyAndy
    ...instead of young and snotty.
    We grow, then go slow
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '14 22:50
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Did it occur to you that the driver who stopped to pick you up at the wrong stop might have been breaking a rule about stopping at a wrong stop? A driver who is seen doing this where I live can be written up for an infraction that goes on his record.

If it happened again and the same driver saw you standing at the wrong stop it's a safe bet he might ig ...[text shortened]... s I know there is no rule saying you must be grateful when someone is trying to help you.
    Did you miss the part about me getting a letter of apology and a free travel coupon?

The guy behind the counter, like I said I blame whoever hired/trained him as he clearly had no idea what he was doing. In that case I don't think either of us were being that rude... people here are a bit lippy anyway.

The bus driver was different, he stopped the bus and when I got on said I should be standing somewhere else. I nodded my head. He then took it further... there was no need for him to comment after that.

I'm not denying that I can be a prick, I can... to me a nod of the head is as good as saying thank you. And regarding the counter guy, is it to much to ask for competency?
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 04:57
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Did you miss the part about me getting a letter of apology and a free travel coupon?

The guy behind the counter, like I said I blame whoever hired/trained him as he clearly had no idea what he was doing. In that case I don't think either of us were being that rude... people here are a bit lippy anyway.

The bus driver was different, he stopped the bus a ...[text shortened]... as good as saying thank you. And regarding the counter guy, is it to much to ask for competency?

Well good for you, but what does standing at the wrong spot waiting for a bus or taking a chance on missing a train say about your own competency? If you missed the train and there was no one to blame, or the bus driver had not stopped to pick you up, what would you have gained? Nothing.

You only gained something because you were careless and inattentive, and then caused a problem for two people who would have been better off saying nothing to you. You may have gained a letter of apology and a free travel coupon, but unless you've learned something from this then you really haven't gained anything worth bragging about.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 11:311 edit
    I'm sorry but he had no right to talk back imo.
    LOL, who do you think you are, the Queen?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 00:23
    Originally posted by Kegge
    LOL, who do you think you are, the Queen?
    No, I'm more important than the queen.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 00:29
    [b]Did you miss the part about me getting a letter of apology and a free travel coupon?

Well good for you, but what does standing at the wrong spot waiting for a bus or taking a chance on missing a train say about your own competency? If you missed the train and there was no one to blame, or the bus driver had not stopped to pick you up, what would ...[text shortened]... you've learned something from this then you really haven't gained anything worth bragging about.[/b]
    Who is bragging? I accept the comments about the counter guy, but not the bus driver. He was a jackass, there was two people standing waiting for bus, both standing at the same spot with no one at the other one. Dude was going to spot the bus anyway, and he did and said about standing at the wrong spot - fair enough. I nod my head - case closed. Why he needed an apology and took it further by swearing is beyond me.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 01:47
    No, I'm more important than the queen.
    That says it all doesn't it.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 02:34
    Who is bragging? I accept the comments about the counter guy, but not the bus driver. He was a jackass, there was two people standing waiting for bus, both standing at the same spot with no one at the other one. Dude was going to spot the bus anyway, and he did and said about standing at the wrong spot - fair enough. I nod my head - case closed. Why he needed an apology and took it further by swearing is beyond me.
    When you nodded your head it's likely he took that to mean you knew you had been standing in the wrong spot, and expected him to stop for you anyway. People won't always interpret your non-verbal signals to mean what you know them to mean, but I suppose from your point of view that's their problem and not yours. You have more important things to think about, and the people who are there to serve you should understand this. Or maybe it's because they don't know how important you are. They know who the queen is, but perhaps they've never heard of you... or seen your face in posters or on television.
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 10:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 14:09
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    He may have been on a reality show (Undercover Boss) and Trev33 is really the CEO of the Railway the gentleman worked for...well maybe he does travel a lot.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 17:54
    When you nodded your head it's likely he took that to mean you knew you had been standing in the wrong spot, and expected him to stop for you anyway. People won't always interpret your non-verbal signals to mean what you know them to mean, but I suppose from your point of view that's their problem and not yours. You have more important things to think abo ...[text shortened]... een is, but perhaps they've never heard of you... or seen your face in posters or on television.
    All is possible, they may have seen me on TV as well.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 17:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Maybe, he also didn't know why I was cutting it fine. Anything is possible as they say.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 17:55
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    He may have been on a reality show (Undercover Boss) and Trev33 is really the CEO of the Railway the gentleman worked for...well maybe he does travel a lot.
    That's the least likely one so far 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree