2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 12:522 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    https://twitter.com/EspenBarthEide/status/359238889300430848

end of Story?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/22/us-emirates-norway-pardon-idUSBRE96L0F720130722

At the end of this piece it says the law there requires FOUR male witnesses or a confession. Not a BIT biased there, eh. 20 women witnesses are not enough.

It's really great this one woman got out of trouble but it still goes on daily there.

I know one case personally, a Palestinian woman hiding at an orphanage in Ramallah who had been accused of adultery by the brother of the girl's husband. So she ran away and was hiding out at this orphanage and the family physically searched the place several times but they had her hidden away quite well. They wanted an 'honor' killing. Later it was proven she was totally innocent. In this case, the police weren't even involved.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 13:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It seems standard in countries where there are separate standards for men and women in sexual matters, where women are seen as the 'enticers' who draw men into sin. Why do you think women must all be covered head to toe, while men can often go half-naked?

I think most western women 'get it' that their ideas of independence or gender equality don't quite agree with the cultural norms in these Islamic states especially.
    I thought men had a fairly strict role to follow as well.
  4. Joined
    01 Jul '13
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 15:311 edit
    Originally posted by TheBBeast
    Where do you suggest to live Johannesburg!?

At least in Dubai you don't have to live in an armed fortress. Or a place where they fight over the not yet dead body of a hero who spent years in jail for the crime of fighting the racism that you are.
  5. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 15:352 edits
    Where do you suggest to live Johannesburg!?

At least in Dubai you don't have to live in an armed fortress. Or a place where they fight over the not yet dead body of a hero who spent years in jail for the crime of fighting the racism that you are.
    Excuse me? Are you calling me a racist? You better not be as far as I'm concerned. You don't even know me. South Africa is a better country than most and we do NOT follow the prejudices of old. Maybe if you'd researched the Karabus incident and the background to my opinion you would understand. I saw that you joined yesterday so I suppose you are just an internet troll.
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '13
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think your rape numbers are a bit extreme to show your own bias. You are saying for every rape reported 20 go unreported? Not in MY town. I have had to deal with rape in our own family and THAT dude is still doing time.
    My numbers are extreme to show my prejudice?? Well actually I didn't write it but instead googled rape and looked up wiki to see what they had to say about your own country. But I'm sure they are better at math then you and know what 5 percent actually is. I'm also sure they don't make assumptions like you as to why that would happen but look at all the facts as to why you are such a big failure.

btw... my profile name is picked off a serial rapist.... here is part of what it says about him.

Wilson was the eldest child in his family, with two brothers and a sister. His youngest brother was killed in a car crash aged 14. The family home was in Essex St, Timaru and the children attended Marchwiel Primary School.[1] His parents divorced during the 1970s. A family friend has reported that Wilson's father used to beat his wife and the children. Wilson missed a lot of school and would sometimes come to school with bruises.[1] In 1996, Wilson's mother told a newspaper reporter her son suffered brain damage in his early teens which, she claimed, 'caused him to lose control occasionally'. Wilson was directed to live in a children's home. He also resided at Cherry Farm Psychiatric Hospital during his youth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Murray_Wilson

Maybe it has a lot to do with rape when living in a dysfunctional environment in which case the true crims in that dudes life would be walking free.
  7. Joined
    21 Jul '13
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 16:20
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Excuse me? Are you calling me a racist? You better not be as far as I'm concerned. You don't even know me. South Africa is a better country than most and we do NOT follow the prejudices of old. Maybe if you'd researched the Karabus incident and the background to my opinion you would understand. I saw that you joined yesterday so I suppose you are just an internet troll.
    I don't believe you.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 16:48
    My numbers are extreme to show my prejudice?? Well actually I didn't write it but instead googled rape and looked up wiki to see what they had to say about your own country. But I'm sure they are better at math then you and know what 5 percent actually is. I'm also sure they don't make assumptions like you as to why that would happen but look at all the f ...[text shortened]... onal environment in which case the true crims in that dudes life would be walking free.
    Just out of curiosity, you don't have a profile, have not played a game, not one move. Do you actually play chess or are you here just to annoy the forum's? And why in the world would you take your handle here from some serial rapist? BTW, I do know what 5% is, don't patronize me. I just thought it was a bit high that 1 rape gets reported but 20 don't. I am certainly not an expert on rape cases, just an ordinary dude.

So you are in the UK?
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '13
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 16:561 edit
    Just out of curiosity, you don't have a profile, have not played a game, not one move. Do you actually play chess or are you here just to annoy the forum's? And why in the world would you take your handle here from some serial rapist? BTW, I do know what 5% is, don't patronize me. I just thought it was a bit high that 1 rape gets reported but 20 don't. I am certainly not an expert on rape cases, just an ordinary dude.

So you are in the UK?
    Maybe that is why only 5 percent go to jail in the land of the free cause ignorance is your middle name.
  10. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 17:21
    Maybe that is why only 5 percent go to jail in the land of the free cause ignorance is your middle name.
    sonhouse just ignore him he's a troll.
  11. Joined
    21 Jul '13
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 17:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 17:49
    Originally posted by Tygert
    sonhouse just ignore him he's a troll.
    Yep, I definitely won't be inviting him to my daughter's wedding🙂
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Jul '13 23:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. old pueblo
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 00:18
    Just more atrocities against women based on religion. How many millions of women would be real people if it were not for the ravages of religion?
    So in communist countries, where religion was illegal, women had a better life than in the rest of the world?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 10:54
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    So in communist countries, where religion was illegal, women had a better life than in the rest of the world?
    I think they are learning their lesson in China where they used to kill girl babies because of the gender bias endemic there only to find out years later the men who are left have no woman of their own so gangs of ticked off men roam the streets looking for trouble.

The anti female bias has an ugly head in the world for sure. But without religion, when they realize they totally screwed up in that regard, at least there is no religious dogma codifying the situation in stone where you can't change it if you wanted to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree