Word of the day: Postprandial

Word of the day: Postprandial

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by phileasfogg
Actually, my only criticism was of the inane ranting and mudslinging. I had never heard the word "argle-bargle". It seemed like a cool word so I tried to fit it in.
Understand. Ever play RHP Unrated Fischer Random 960 Chess? I'd be pleased to invite our first casual conversational game.

California

Moves
31 May 15
2 edits

@GrampyBobby Thanks for the offer, but no. I played a game of FischerRandom once, and didn't really enjoy it.
And by the way, absolutely no offense taken in any way. You were not included in the "ranters", and I like your new words. "Gainsay" and "argle-bargle" were new ones for me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 May 15

@GrampyBobby Thanks for the offer, but no. I played a game of FischerRandom once, and didn't really enjoy it.
And by the way, absolutely no offense taken in any way. You were not included in the "ranters", and I like your new words. "Gainsay" and "argle-bargle" were new ones for me.
@GrampyBobby "Thanks for the offer, but no. I played a game of FischerRandom once, and didn't really enjoy it..."

May I ask the reasons why?

California

Moves
31 May 15
1 edit

I probably don't particularly like it for the very reason that Fischer came up with the idea in the first place. It's too labor intensive. Chess is a complex enough game, as it is. There are plenty of situations where intense calculation and imagination come into play, but there are also many situations where a player instinctively knows where to look for resources because of his vast experience.
Without the benefit of that experience, it's too easy to be blindsided. I liken it to an American driver driving on the left side of the road for the first time. You're always looking for the danger in the wrong places.
I'm sure you get over that in time, but I would rather spend my time trying to master regular chess.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 May 15

I probably don't particularly like it for the very reason that Fischer came up with the idea in the first place. It's too labor intensive. Chess is a complex enough game, as it is. There are plenty of situations where intense calculation and imagination come into play, but there are also many situations where a player instinctively knows where to look f ...[text shortened]... sure you get over that in time, but I would rather spend my time trying to master regular chess.
It's a refreshing change of pace and site rating neutralizing option; please let me know if and/or when you revisit your decision. Thread 163240

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
01 Jun 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Understand. Ever play RHP Unrated Fischer Random 960 Chess? I'd be pleased to invite our first casual conversational game.
Gramps thought we were going to have a game after the net ball season had finished.

Gutted 🙁

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Jun 15

Originally posted by The Gravedigger
Gramps thought we were going to have a game after the net ball season had finished.

Gutted 🙁
My apology for the oversight; an invitation [3/7] is on its way.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jun 15

My apology for the oversight; an invitation [3/7] is on its way.
Grampy, you can sign me up for a 960. I assume they aren't rated.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
02 Jun 15
2 edits

Originally posted by The Gravedigger
Diabetes is just another way of saying "I became such a fat bastard I can no longer be trusted with sugar".
😲

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Jun 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Grampy, you can sign me up for a 960. I assume they aren't rated.
Sure, 960 is only offered here as unrated. Would you like to wager a cold one from the loser to the winner? lol

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jun 15

Sure, 960 is only offered here as unrated. Would you like to wager a cold one from the loser to the winner? lol
Heck, make it a case🙂 As long as it's Yuengling🙂 (Pennsylvania beer, my favorite lager)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Jun 15

Heck, make it a case🙂 As long as it's Yuengling🙂 (Pennsylvania beer, my favorite lager)
Game on!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jun 15

Game on!
Where do you get the window to start a 960 game? I couldn't find it. On the other hand, I am mostly blind🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Jun 15

Where do you get the window to start a 960 game? I couldn't find it. On the other hand, I am mostly blind🙂
Will describe the simple procedure during our game as it was explained to me.