1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 May '15 14:24
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    Did we stuff their faces or did they stuff their own faces.
    while you might have a point in stressing the responsibility for people for their own body (and soul) the generalization was uncalled for.

Most phenomena are not caused by a single root cause. If Suzies example was well chosen is also not really relevant here. You committed a blunder in the level of relationship and it would be great if you could realize that and post accordingly.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '15 14:401 edit
    Diabetes is just another way of saying "I became such a fat bastard I can no longer be trusted with sugar".
    @The-Gravedigger: "Prefer quicker games."

For your own sake and out of deference to the genetic predispositions or medical issues of others and in consideration for their sensibilities, perhaps invest a little more time in thinking about your words before clicking [Post]. Thank you.
  3. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    29 May '15 19:24
    Gramps, Pond, apologies if I caused offense
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    29 May '15 19:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Type II, maybe. But there are entire genotypes, like various Native American tribes in the American Southwest, who are seen as "fat" only because their lifestyle before the white man came was one of living off the land, and living through "lean" times. After we crammed them onto their Reservations and fed them what was cheap and plentiful, they became "fa ...[text shortened]... ve never been "fat" in my entire life.

But don't let me stand in the way of your stereotypes.
    I think this comment is one of the most racist arrogant and patronising posts I have ever read.
    Now I understand why the Native Americans hate people like Suzzi so much.
  5. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    29 May '15 20:14
    I think this comment is one of the most racist arrogant and patronising posts I have ever read.
    Rather cruel GD but true.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '15 10:27
    What?!?

Are you serious?

Everything I posted is a well-known fact in the US. Especially where I live, which is in Arizona, in relative close proximity to these Native American tribes. The white man ruined their lifestyle and their health, and it's way past time that something was done about it. Your own post about diabetics was extremely rude, arrogant and patronizing, yet you now turn that around on me? And racist? Get serious!!
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    30 May '15 10:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    30 May '15 12:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Cheers Badge
  9. California
    Moves
    30 May '15 23:26
    And on a lighter note, I think I will retire to the sitting room of the Reform Club for a postprandial snifter of brandy and a game of chess.
  10. California
    Moves
    31 May '15 09:282 edits
    It appears that what started as a postprandial vocabulary lesson (dessert for the literati, so to speak) has degenerated into an inflammatory slinging of diatribe and argle-bargle.
    But a note of caution to the sanctimonious few among you:

The rude, inconsiderate, and even vitriolic tone of those who lashed out at the corpulence and sloth of people with type 2 diabetes, does not impugn the fundemental veracity of what they were saying.
    If you have pre-diabetes or are in the early stages of type 2,
    you may have a chance of reversing it if you act decisively and immediately!
    Walk 4 miles a day, eat copious amounts of vegetables, eat yogurt and oats for breakfast, lose 30 pounds, and keep the faith.
    And for heaven's sake, jettison the french fries and soda pop!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:37
    Originally posted by phileasfogg
    It appears that what started as a postprandial vocabulary lesson (dessert for the literati, so to speak) has degenerated into an inflammatory slinging of diatribe and argle-bargle.

The rude, inconsiderate, and even vitriolic tone of those who lashed out at the corpulence and sloth of people wi ...[text shortened]... e 30 pounds, and keep the faith.
    Did it work for you?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 May '15 15:27
    Gramps, Pond, apologies if I caused offense
    Thanks, however, we all make errors from time to time.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 May '15 15:451 edit

The rude, inconsiderate, and even vitriolic tone of those who lashed out at the corpulence and sloth of people with ...[text shortened]... lose 30 pounds, and keep the faith.
    "It appears that what started as a postprandial vocabulary lesson (dessert for the literati, so to speak) has degenerated into an inflammatory slinging of diatribe and argle-bargle..."

phileasfogg, first I for one appreciate the objectivity of your initial sentence prefix phrase: "It appears..." Certainly a rare event on this forum. Second, there's another aspect of my posting the contemporary slang word " argle-bargle" you should be aware of in the context of your understandably critical reply. I simply misread this thread's title: "Word of the day: Postprandial" as an invitation to contribute additional words. My apology to sonhouse and to anyone else it may have offended. By the way, my residence was also in California years ago. -Bob
  14. California
    Moves
    31 May '15 21:37
    It is working so far.
  15. California
    Moves
    31 May '15 21:411 edit
    @Grampy Bobby:
    Actually, my only criticism was of the inane ranting and mudslinging (and that was slightly tongue in cheek).
    I had never heard the word "argle-bargle". It seemed like a cool word so I tried to fit it in.
    I came to this post because I like words. The more new and interesting ones, the better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree