1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 18:52
    here's some info ...
    England's population is only 56.2 million, London's is 9.2 million. The average age of people in England is 37. Males average lifetime is 77 years, while women's is 81 years. White's make up 85 % of the population...the most used language after English is Polish !! Christian faith is 60 % of the religious people. This is from July, 2021 study...your highest Pike is only 3200 feet...which is way short..
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 19:011 edit

Removed by poster

3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 19:13
    “ according to the 2011 Census, the total population of England and Wales was 56.1 million, and 86.0% of the population was White”

A lot has changed in 10 years.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:07
    @ogb said
    here's some info ...
    England's population is only 56.2 million, London's is 9.2 million. The average age of people in England is 37. Males average lifetime is 77 years, while women's is 81 years. White's make up 85 % of the population...the most used language after English is Polish !! Christian faith is 60 % of the religious people. This is from July, 2021 study...your highest Pike is only 3200 feet...which is way short..
    It's a relatively small land mass, we shouldn't try to fit too many more people on, and historically we've punched above our weight in world affairs, per square mile of country/head of population. Less so more recently. London dominates, it's true, it's the seat of Parliament, centre of national commerce and the Queen lives there, or at least has her primary residence there, although I've heard that she doesn't particularly like Buckingham Palace. (Well, who would?)
    37 seems like a reasonable average age, which I expect will come down as the 'aging population' ages off, and women live a bit longer than men because they're more sensible.
    85% white doesn't seem to give the racists amongst us anything to bleat about, we enjoy a rich, diverse and various culture, mostly without tension. The Poles are good builders, apparently, and will work for less.
    I'm surprised at the low turnout of Christians as a percentage, I mean nobody much believes in (the Christian) god anymore, but still, I'm surprised, and once again it's an indication of religious tolerance, which is of absolute and essential importance for a peaceful world.
    Pikes/peaks, well, we don't really do mountains.
    The only criticism I have of your post is that it doesn't mention cricket, we can't have a thread about England without mentioning cricket. Some people attribute 'Brexit' to political, racial or financial factors, I personally believe it has much more to do with the fact that the rest of the EU countries are lousy cricket players, although I'm sure not everybody will agree with this hypothesis.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:17
    Brexit is/was grossly misrepresented as “racism”, it’s offensive to a nation of such diversity.

I’m all for European integration and international brotherhood, just not under a central continental parliament which evolves power away from the people.

“English” is not the Crusades, empire or any of that other stereotypical BS. English is multinationalism, diversity of culture and primarily of the immediate proximity democracy. I love the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish, and I respect the independence of the ROI. I just want the same respect from the continent of our desire to be independent as a United Kingdom.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:22
    We don’t need another Brexit thread.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:23
    @trev33 said
    We don’t need another Brexit thread.
    Like heroes?
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:44
    @divegeester said
    Brexit is/was grossly misrepresented as “racism”, it’s offensive to a nation of such diversity.

I’m all for European integration and international brotherhood, just not under a central continental parliament which evolves power away from the people.

“English” is not the Crusades, empire or any of that other stereotypical BS. English is multinationalism, diversity ...[text shortened]... I just want the same respect from the continent of our desire to be independent as a United Kingdom.
    Just for the record, I never thought that your pro - Brexit stance had anything to do with racism. And I'll raise a glass to multinationalism and diversity of culture, which is at least in part I think a result of our colonial days, which has had some weirdly positive long - term effects.
    A microcosmic example of this is that I have a very good Indian friend who is also an avid cricket fan, and she agrees with me that Indians and Brits have some kind of built - in affection for one another, and in India/England test matches neither of us really cares who wins, as long as the cricket's good.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:54
    @indonesia-phil said
    Just for the record, I never thought that your pro - Brexit stance had anything to do with racism.
    Your record with me needs no addendum mate.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:57
    Dive ya big ole racist 😂
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:58
    @trev33 said
    Dive ya big ole racist 😂
    What race are you, so I can hate them?
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 21:59
    @divegeester said
    Your record with me needs no addendum mate.
    Just checking in....
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '21 22:37
    @divegeester said
    What race are you, so I can hate them?
    400 metre hurdles
  14. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    04 Oct '21 04:49
    Horrible food, long faces, big noses, floppy ears.
    Don't get me going
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Oct '21 07:52
    @gambrel said
    Horrible food, long faces, big noses, floppy ears.
    Don't get me going
    This thread is about English not Elefants...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree